Macedonian Truth Forum

Macedonian Truth Forum (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   As a Macedonian how do you feel culturally? (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9101)

nushevski77 02-06-2019 11:33 PM

As a Macedonian how do you feel culturally?

post deleted

Gocka 02-06-2019 11:53 PM

Neither!

I feel Macedonian.

nushevski77 02-07-2019 12:02 AM

post deleted

Vangelovski 02-07-2019 12:57 AM

Its an odd question to be honest, with equally odd responses.

Liberator of Makedonija 02-07-2019 04:40 AM

I don't think the responses properly relate to the question, which is very open-ended to begin with

Rogi 02-07-2019 07:55 AM

You're asking a question and mixing geography, lingustics and culture. That's why you get odd reactions.

Are the Danes to answer Northern European, or Germanic? Or Norse? Or Danish?

sydney 02-07-2019 08:20 AM

Nushevski, I admire your need to understand who we are. I understand your sense of confusion about your identity. But you need to spend more time reading and listening on this forum. Engage wisely. Perhaps you could have started this as a thread discussing whether Macedonia belongs to the Balkan or Aegean world, both in modern times and the past. Culturally speaking there is no debate - you’re Macedonian.

vicsinad 02-07-2019 12:08 PM

Ah, don't be so hard on the guy!

But I'm with Goce -- neither. Macedonian.

nushevski77 02-07-2019 12:46 PM

post deleted

vicsinad 02-07-2019 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=nushevski77;179196]Okay thanks for the responses everyone, I think the problem was that I hoped to find a answer to my own confusion whiteout directly stating what I am trying to understand with hopes that someone would answer it directly; I think this is issue lies greater to the fact that I struggle with the past of my family even though I know I am Macedonian, its hard when I grew up with greek people all my life who I thought were my friends & I've never really had other Macedonians in my life, when my dedo died the whole family stoped going to village picnics, dances, etc, as well my baba stoped getting invited so for 6 years throughout my high school and now start of university besides food I've been without my Macedonian heritage in my life which I am now trying to fill this void by learning, going to church, and just doing stuff but my family is weird and they still tell me that I should just be Canadian and stop with this macedonia stuff so idk anymore its something I deal with that idk if I should even be posting here as idk think you ppl want to here stuff we deal on a personal level, as well my last name is still hellenized in real life with a slight modification "nushevski" was the name before it was changed so its something that is with me all my life now and ive thought of changing it but I decided against it as it would further divide me from my family.
[/QUOTE]

I understand how it can be. You're welcome to talk to me any time you want. Just send me a message, I'll make time to listen.