• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Traveller
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
    I'm a Slovak living in Serbia. There are about 50.000 Slovaks here, scattered around the country. According to the law, in towns where Slovaks constitute a majority, all services are required to be available in Slovak, like television, radio, newspaper, education (from kindergarten to college), street signs, administration. Of course every Slovak here speaks fluently Serbian. Well most does. But no one has the right to tell me I should speak Serbian in this country, because I'm not a Serb. If I go into a government building I can demand to have a translator present, regardless if I now Serbian, and by low that translator will be provided at my expense. Of course I speak to Serbs in Serbian, but because I'm being polite, not because I'm forced to.
    My family has lived here since 1745 and perhaps earlier. I was simply shocked when I discovered Macedonians in Greece did not have the same rights as we do in our backward country.
    Yugoslavia was liquidated because it consisted of different ethnicities. We have only religious and linguistic minorities. 3,000 people in Florina DONT consist a minority. There are more people in Greece who say that they are from Marsh. Should we consider them a minority? As for Yugoslavia from the moment they accepted different languages in schools they were finished. We learned from that so when polish immigrants asked for a night school we said NO.

Comment

• Delodephius
      • Sep 2008

Of course you should accept them as a minority! What are you? Nuts! For God's sake. You are worse then fascists. Death to nationalism I say! In every part of the World.
      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Of course you should accept them as a minority! What are you? Nuts! For God's sake. You are worse then fascists. Death to nationalism I say! In every part of the World.
        Naturally you are right SAT.
        I am starting to get tired of the dribble here.
        The Greek identity is maintained with a high level of "maintenance". The notion that a Polish club is disallowed. That my people have seemingly disappeared are hardly examples of a modern nation.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Delodephius
          • Sep 2008

"Maintenance"? For pity sake! All I ever had to do to be a Slovak is speak the language and say I am one. Or all I could just do is feel Slovak and say I am one.
          अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
          उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
          This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
          But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

"Maintenance"? For pity sake! All I ever had to do to be a Slovak is speak the language and say I am one. Or all I could just do is feel Slovak and say I am one.
            If only Macedonians were spared the indignity of being told by parasites and disturbed individuals they don't exist.

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

i am in another league to you little arvanovlach boy. please feel free to abuse and belittle me as much as yo want, it doesnt mean shit to me.

thanks for defending me peter, as i have said many times you kat and alki are the true greeks on this forum, the rest are so insecure about their identity and their moral claims to macedonia that they cannot see the truth and try to distort it at every oppourtunity.

Comment

• Dejan
                • Sep 2008

Hah! I love it how some athenians try to play the good guy here to get some brownie points and possibly a moderator position on a Macedonian forum. I know the Makedonci running this site a smarter than falling for it. To all athenians, never forget, you are in a Macedonian house when you visit this forum. And we, Macedonians, rule this house. You want to earn some brownie points? Научи се малку по Македонски да читаш/пишиш/зборуваш.

Поздрав
                You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

They'll keep coming.

But we've got some pretty good "detectors" on this forum, namely RTG and SoM who both have this uncanny ability of sniffing out the most cunning Greeks long before they actually rubbish Macedonia and the Macedonians.

Comment

• indigen
                    • May 2009

Can it be fair to say that MTO is the son of Maknews? :-)

This topic thread makes interesting reading.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Fork maknews I reckon....

For a guy so allegedly passionate about freedom of speech and equality he is rather selective in its implication...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                        Can it be fair to say that MTO is the son of Maknews? :-)
                        Not really.
                        Personally, I was active on a forum before Maknews.

Let it be said that Lubi of Maknews had a distinct clarity of mind many years ago that was without question in terms of Macedonian issues. Of late, his (what appears to be) diminished enthusiasm has compelled him to let others determine the fate of his forum in my opinion.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Not really.
                          Personally, I was active on a forum before Maknews.

Let it be said that Lubi of Maknews had a distinct clarity of mind many years ago that was without question in terms of Macedonian issues. Of late, his (what appears to be) diminished enthusiasm has compelled him to let others determine the fate of his forum in my opinion.
                          He was a GLIGOROV supporter from way back and was also and ardent Slavoman to boot! Thus I would say he had clarity of mind on some issues (e.g. MPO) but was very foggy on a lot of others. And now he has lost the plot completely, as, IMO, his support for MPO collaboration clearly indicates.

Secondly, Maknews website gained better exposure because it linked with pro-Ramkovist websites, such as OK-MK and others like it, without hesitation or shame when it first started. If you run with the wolf pack, you are likely to become a wolf and/or be treated as one and can be shot as one, too. UMD is following in same footsteps and is fully in cahoots with the Ramkovists and their backers and thus they get media and other exposure boosts from them in order to serve their interests better. The ideologically pure Macedonian websites, if they exist at all, will be more isolated and will garner less coverage due to not being linked to by the (Ramkovist) political establishment and its supporters/sponsors.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                            The ideologically pure Macedonian websites, if they exist at all, will be more isolated and will garner less coverage due to not being linked to by the (Ramkovist) political establishment and its supporters/sponsors.
                            I am positive no governmental organisation is helping the MTO at all. Our Google ranking on Macedonian issues is evidence enough that such external support is not necessary.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              I am positive no governmental organisation is helping the MTO at all. Our Google ranking on Macedonian issues is evidence enough that such external support is not necessary.
                              The linking sure helped boost Maknews, and that is what I meant to say. One can always pay for better search engine support but linking via other sites does help, IMO, to channel through more traffic/users. But MTO seems to have pretty good Google rankings and that is how I came across it. As it is, you do have a banner (which displays poorly on my laptop screen and should be looked at by MTO admins!) link at the "Matica...." website. :-)

Comment

• Frank
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2010

I vist both Forums and cant see any reason not to frequent both

I dont have any faults of Macedonian Truth apart from the fact the UMD isnt a popular theme were as on Maknews too many UMD Announcments are used

The more Forums the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X