X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Mario's History Talks

Dont know how many of you have been following Mario's History Talks on Youtube which has popped up in the last couple months. He does a new video weekly about various Macedonian historical topics. Now from my research I have found out that he has links to UMD which is not a popular organisation on this forum, and I would agree with those notions. However his videos so far have been pretty informative and interesting.
    I`ve linked the channel underneath for anyone wanting to have a look.

My name is Mario, I am a Macedonian-American. I was born in Bitola, Macedonia and have ancestry all throughout southern Macedonia. Like many living in the diaspora I slowly started to re-discover my Macedonian heritage at a young age and it has led to a life-long pursuit to discover the truth about Macedonia. Along the way, I "thought" I had it all figured out--a nice A to Z story of our history and identity. Then I dug deeper, realized how much I still didn’t know and came to a harsh reality: The truth to our identity and history isn't what most people think it is, nor is what makes us feel comfortable...BUT the truth is still on our side. On this channel, you will get perspective on the most controversial issues concerning the identity of Macedonians, as well as the tools and resources needed to fight misinformation. I will show you how to effectively and masterfully defend your identity as a Macedonian, no matter your starting place.
    Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 12-03-2018, 06:06 AM.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

Thanks for sharing MM. Mario seems like an articulate and proud young Macedonian. I just saw one of his videos and I'll definitely be watching more.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
      Thanks for sharing MM. Mario seems like an articulate and proud young Macedonian. I just saw one of his videos and I'll definitely be watching more.
      Thats alright Karposh, I know we all like our history here, especially Macedonian history, so thought it was worth sharing.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Amphipolis
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

I watched his view on etymology of Macedonia. Actually the Greek word for poppy flower was μήκων (mekon) which is the exact same root as in μήκος/μάκος (mekos/makos). The ancient Greek views on etymology of Macedonia are very strong (comparing to the modern ones) as they would have access to knowledge that is lost today, including the views and the language of the Macedonians.

==
        Last edited by Amphipolis; 12-03-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X