X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

For Posters with Comprehension Problems

This one's for you Onur. Knock yourself out.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Reposted from the Slave Mentality thread:

Originally posted by FriendofMacedonia
    I find it ironic that the person who started a thread about the "slave mentality" has quotes from the Bible in his signature.

The fundamental core of all religions, especially the Abrahamic ones, is slavery.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Reposted from the Slave Mentality Thread:

Originally posted by Onur
      Absolutely correct.

Comment

• Brian
        Banned
        • Oct 2011

Wow! Where did FriendofMacedonia and Onur get that idea from? I'm no religious scholar so I'm no expert but I did read the Bible once and I certainly didn't get the impression of one needing to be a slave.

Do you guys mean submitting to the will of God - masha'Allah?
        I don't think that means slave.

Comment

• Brian
          Banned
          • Oct 2011

I haven't looked at the "Slave Mentality" thread for so long I thought I'd have a quick look but could not find those quotes - what happened?

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

That wasn't directed to you Brian.

FriendofMacedonia said that to Vangelovski and i just agreed to him.

There was already an admin who deletes posts in his special threads here and now apparently we have the second admin who does same thing now.

Comment

• FriendofMacedonia
              • Feb 2012

My post was on topic but whatever.

Anyways, I stand by my statement.

Religion is the manifestation of ignorance (read slavery). It seeks easy answers in areas where easy answers simply aren't possible. It praises humility and unimportance in the face of God and essentially makes temporal life meaningless. Furthermore, Christianity goes as far as to say pride and ambition are "sins". Tell me Vrangelovski, are you not proud to be a Macedonian? Since your answer is yes, that makes you a sinner. Christianity STRIVES to keep the people poor for ambition and creating a meaningful temporal life is bad; instead, you are supposed to be content to live within the confines of the set of rules you are given. You are not to challenge these beliefs or stray away from them, or else you'll go to hell and be damned for all eternity. I mean the Bible goes as far as to say that even THINKING sinful thoughts is a fucking a crime and that one should "purge their mind of them". You ever thought about fucking a really hot woman standing next to you? Well guess what, in Christian eyes, you're a sinner.

The whole fundamental basis of Christianity (and all religion) revolves around, other than coming up with some fantasies about the creation of earth, distinguishing right from wrong. Essentially, Christian definition of wrong amounts to you either conform to "God's will" and Christian dogma or you don't and go to hell. Its an ultimatum. In the Bible Abraham was actually on the verge of killing his own goddamn son because "God" told him to. And if "God" wasn't testing him and it was for real, killing his only son wouldn't be a sin. That's disgusting.

Christianity PRAISES ignorance (which is the most subtle and perhaps most effective form of slavery). I mean Adam and Eve could do anything they wanted EXCEPT for east from the Tree of Knowledge. People aren't supposed to know what's good for them, they aren't supposed to know what's bad for them, they are supposed to do what God tell them and that's that. Can you spell the word slave?

Take a look at the Old Testament. Its probably the most repugnant, violent, and utterly chauvinistic piece of literature ever written. To think that an entire ideology was based upon it makes me sick and really quite sad about the fickle nature of man. Seriously, Mein Kampf has more validity than the Bible or the Quran for fuck's sake.

And for the record, if some bearded dude nowadays claimed he could walk on water and save people's lives you toss him a quarter or call him a fucking lunatic. I gave religion a chance, or lord did I ever. I used to pray every day, read excerpts of the Bible, and go to Church occasionally (which was stupid just purely for the fact that I can't fucking understand Old Church Slavonic) but I just couldn't lie to myself any longer. I couldn't allow myself to live by such a degrading ideology.

Anyways, I could go on for days about this, but I've got finals to study for and I've got to stay mellow so I'll stop here.

Comment

• Brian
                Banned
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                That wasn't directed to you Brian.

FriendofMacedonia said that to Vangelovski and i just agreed to him.

There was already an admin who deletes posts in his special threads here and now apparently we have the second admin who does same thing now.
                No offence Onur, I wasn't bitching (I wouldn't do that to you) just curious how you came to that conclusion and could you have meant submitting to the will of God and you were misunderstood by others, or could you have meant how historically (and possibly today) religion has been used to enslave/force obedience to the king/ruling class?

I noticed the delete - very strange.
                Last edited by Brian; 04-05-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Onur, your post has not been deleted - its here at #3, so quite being the cry baby that you've become.

FriendofMacedonia, I'm sure you could go on for day, but its meaningless when you haven't the slightest idea what you are 'going on' about. Regardless, this is your space to do so.

Comment

• Zarni
                    Banned
                    • May 2011

Some of you guys need to breath some air some times, Tom you remind me of the led Character of this TV Series http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0174378/

Comment

• FriendofMacedonia
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      Onur, your post has not been deleted - its here at #3, so quite being the cry baby that you've become.

FriendofMacedonia, I'm sure you could go on for day, but its meaningless when you haven't the slightest idea what you are 'going on' about. Regardless, this is your space to do so.
                      GREAT response. The typical self-righteousness of a Christian but not the desire or the means by which to back it up.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by FriendofMacedonia View Post
                        GREAT response. The typical self-righteousness of a Christian but not the desire or the means by which to back it up.
                        I can back it up. I'm waiting for YOU to post references to YOUR claims. Or are you special and don't need to back them up? Maybe you've never actually studied the Bible - that means more than just reading it, it means understanding the culture, history, politics, economics and other relevant contextual factors relating to the Israelites.

Let me know when you can actually provide citations from the Bible and some exegesis.

Comment

• FriendofMacedonia
                          • Feb 2012

What a cop out of a reply keep buying time.

And I hope I don't have to source the story of Abraham. Any Christian knows the story. Same with Adam and Eve. They are my interpretations of the story and I'd appreciate your feedback on how I interpreted them and how I am apparently wrong.

Here's a quick series of quotes regarding exactly what I was saying about Christianity and how it only values subservience to God, dismissing all notions of ambition and living a meaningful temporal existence.

John 5:44 ESV

How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?

Timothy 6:9

But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

Exactly what I was saying about the Bible encouraging poverty and humility. What's so inherently wrong about wanting to be rich? Plenty of rich folk that are good people and earned their fortunes fairly.

Matthew 23:12

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Right, having pride is a "sin". Better lose that Macedonian identity, don't want to be too proud.

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

The only right ideology is Christian one right?

Ephesians 4:18

They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

1 Timothy 6:1-2

Let all who are under a yoke as slaves regard their own masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be reviled. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brothers; rather they must serve all the better since those who benefit by their good service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge these things.

This is that slave mentality you were talking about. Your religion wants you to honor your masters.Oh but only if they are believers. lol.

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

What?!

1 Peter 2:18

Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.

I will post some more quotes tomorrow.

Comment

• FriendofMacedonia
                            • Feb 2012

Furthermore, after you reply to my first post, tell me this. What discernible good has religion brought mankind? Statistical evidence indicates that divorces is lower among atheists, murders are lowers as well. Religion has been the casus beli for countless conflicts, its divided man etc.

Do you honestly think that the fact that when Christianity was in its most powerful form in the Middle Ages society heavily regressed in every aspect is coincidental considering the fact that when Christianity's power and influence became less relevant, the Renaissance happened?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur
                              Onur, it was only one thread on a subject you don't have a clue about, get over it already, you're like a whining child.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X