Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Just to let you guys know I added 2 more pages from the book The Story of the Great War (pages 238 and 239). Remember when Bulgaroman were always asking to see some type of proof of Bulgar atrocities on Macedonians(because they claimed this never happened),,,,read page 239.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Comment

• DrVosi
        • Mar 2009

Hey Mr Google Books, once again it seems that you typed Macedonian and clicked search. Try reading the whole book next time.
        The author gives the reader a perfectly clear explanation

This will explain the comments made by the guy who is 'jumping out of the bushes' . I find it comical that you have to resort to 'guys jumping out of bushes' as some kind of proof. Surely when you typed Macedonian and clicked search the above page that i posted popped up. You probably didnt like what was written so you just prayed that the 'greeks' would not find it.
        And guess what champ, theres ALOT more.

You just keep up the good work ok.

----
        Dr AV*

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

TM, did mention it was a heavily biased book.

Nevertheless, the book made it clear that Macedonian autonomists were at war with Bulgarian supremacists. When you can explain that without your feta encrusted blinkers on ... let me know.

Your page talks of Sarafov. Don't you know what happened to him?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Divorcee
            Hey Mr Google Books, once again it seems that you typed Macedonian and clicked search. Try reading the whole book next time.
            As far as I can see both TrueMacedonian and Daskalot stated several times that Carpenter’s book uses some biased terminology where it concerns the Macedonians and their ‘relationship’ with Bulgarians. Perhaps mr 'I don't read what people write but comment blindly like a maggot', you should comprehend posts before commenting on them.
            This will explain the comments made by the guy who is 'jumping out of the bushes' .
            How? Elaborate, champ.

And once you are done with that, perhaps you can comment on the Story of the Great War text, that you appear to have conveniently left out in your little hit n' run exercise.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DrVosi View Post

This will explain the comments made by the guy who is 'jumping out of the bushes' . I find it comical that you have to resort to 'guys jumping out of bushes' as some kind of proof. Surely when you typed Macedonian and clicked search the above page that i posted popped up. You probably didnt like what was written so you just prayed that the 'greeks' would not find it.

----
              Dr AV*
              Geez another smart ass prosfyg from Kozani, how typical

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

----
                Dr AV*

I don't even have to reply to your post. You've made yourself look like a fool 3 times now.

You just keep up the good work ok

Comment

• DrVosi
                  • Mar 2009

Ohhh the book is biased!! Of course its biased , anything that doesnt suit your agenda is surely biased. How is it a good find then lol and how is 1 page out of the whole book not considered biased??
                  The page i put up clearly tells you what a Macedonian is. If some people here dont like that its not my problem, go write a review about the book, the author might even respond back to you.
                  Or is this thread on a mission to prove the author is not credible??

Im then asked about Boris Sarafov. My Bulgarian history isnt the greatest but here goes. He was born in Nevrokop, which is actually in Pirin Macedonian so he must be an Ethnic Macedonian, according to the article he was assasinated by Jane Sandanski (he just planned it)who was also from Pirin , that makes him an Ethnic Macedonian. One guy wanted annexation with Bulgaria the other wanted an Independent Macedonia. The actual guy that assasinated him was Todor Panitsa who was from Oryahovo in the north of Bulgaria, so surely that cant make him an Ethnic Macedonian.
                  And finally , one of the actual kidnappers of Ellen Stone was Hristo Chernopeev who was born in Lovech, which is in central Bulgaria. Surely he cant be an Ethnic Macedonia, he would pronounce his name Risto, thats the Macedonian way right??
                  This is starting to get confusing, Bulgarians and Ethnic Macedonians planning kidnappings together!!! Not really , anyone with half a brain can figure out whats going on. Again the author makes it perfectly clear for the disintrested reader.

Then im told to comment on things i missed. Like this perhaps
                  " I called on Selim Bey... on learning that he had no news to give beyond the fact the Brigands were believed to be BULGARIANS" Of course its not underlined , look hard you will find it.

And finally toy soldier asks me to comment about 'the story of the great war' well certainly i wont comment on that because its clearly biased!! see how easy that is.
                  You get 1 source that doesnt call you Bulgarians but calls you Macedo-Slovenes instead and im expected to comment on this. Geez, that article is probably the most biased of all!! What is a Macedono-Slovene is that a polite way of calling you a Macedonian Slav or a Slav from Macedonia??? Your not a Slav your an Antique Macedonian.

----
                  Dr AV*

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Well Drvo,
                    I stated the following:
                    Nevertheless, the book made it clear that Macedonian autonomists were at war with Bulgarian supremacists.
                    Why on Earth would Macedonians be seeking autonomy from Bulgaria if they were in fact Bulgarians?
                    You see, you will never really be able to cope with questions like this.
                    If you want to learn some more, I can show you a book from some History Professors in Athens.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Vosi you are on a mission to prove that we are Bulgarians, am I correct?
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• DrVosi
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        Well Drvo,
                        I stated the following:

Why on Earth would Macedonians be seeking autonomy from Bulgaria if they were in fact Bulgarians?
                        You see, you will never really be able to cope with questions like this.
                        If you want to learn some more, I can show you a book from some History Professors in Athens.
                        Are you asking me why they didnt want annexation with the already existing Bulgarian State??
                        They believed a free Macedonia would be more acceptable to the Great Powers than a Greater Bulgaria. Political reasons. Final answer.
                        Are these supremist also known as 'varhovists' ?? What was Boris Sarafov then? A Bulgarian from Macedonia or an Ethnic Macedonian?
                        What about Hristo Chernopeev?? Bulgarian or Ethnic Macedonian?

----
                        Dr AV*
                        Last edited by DrVosi; 05-05-2009, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Are you asking me why they didnt want annexation with the already existing Bulgarian State??
                          They believed a free Macedonia would be more acceptable to the Great Powers than a Greater Bulgaria. Political reasons. Final answer.
                          Are these supremist also known as 'varhovists' ?? What was Boris Sarafov then? A Bulgarian from Macedonia or an Ethnic Macedonian?

----
                          Dr AV*

Highlighted part from the above article:

“It is a grievous error to suppose that we seek to acquire Macedonia on behalf of Bulgaria. We Macedonians consider ourselves to be an entirely separate national element, and we are not in the least disposed to allow our country to be seized by Bulgaria, Servia, or Greece. We will, in fact, oppose any such incorporation with all our might. Macedonia must belong to the Macedonians. The misunderstanding has arisen through our residing in Bulgaria. The circumstance of our having prepared a Macedonian insurrection while living in this country led to the conclusion that we were aiming at a union between the two Slav provinces. That is, however, perfectly absurd. If we were to be expelled from Bulgaria and were to settle in Switzerland nobody would suppose that we intended to liberate Macedonia on behalf of Switzerland; we merely go where we find the most favourable opportunities for our revolutionary work.”

Taken from The Times, London, April 12, 1901, pp. 3-4.

Does this answer your question?

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

----
                            Dr AV*
                            More knowledge for you my friend, it will only make you stronger.

Translation into English:

Macedonia and the Macedonians

We the Macedonians, are no Serbs nor Bulgarians, but simply Macedonians. The Macedonian People is existent independent of the Bulgarian or Serb People. We have sympathies with both of them, Bulgarians and Serbs; who will help our freedom fight, to them we will say thank you, but damn Bulgarians and Serbs forget that Macedonia is so precious for the Macedonians.

(Boris Sarafov)
                            Taken from Makedonski Golos(The Macedonian Voice), St Petersburg, Russia, 1913.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Final weak answer I would add.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

And just so you never forget.... because we do remember......

Comment

Working...
                                X