Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Population of Macedonia and Adjacent Areas

page 209
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

I know its been posted here before but it serves the interest of this topic.

page 31

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

And this is what Arthur Bullard had to say about the population of Macedonia -page 260

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

And NGL Hammond stated that the population of Epirus was once all Slavic!

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

To be honest, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the quantum of information here. If I was a Greek claiming Macedonia, I would never step foot in this history section for fear of ridicule.

.... And they have not.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

The Jewish majority in Salonica amounted to 56% in 1519, dropped to 52% in 1530-31, but rose to 68% in 1619.
              Rounded off that would mean that in the 17th century 70% of Solun was inhabited by Jews. I am gathering that during that time if the ancestors of the counterfeit hellenes looked like this

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Liberal Arts at UT offers over 40 majors and many top-ranked graduate programs in the social sciences and humanities taught by 750 faculty.

The Emperor quickly chose to send Constantine, accompanied by his brother Methodius, justifying his decision with the words "You two are from Salonika, and all Thessalonians speak pure Slavonic."

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

"You two are from Salonika, and all Thessalonians speak pure Slavonic."
                  and the question is why did all of them speak slavic, and not greek if solun was then a part of he "greek speaking" roman empire. intersetingly most of the peloponesian population spoke slavic during the 9th to the 13 centuries.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

That's right Osiris. So if they base their "unbroken continuity" on language then obviously we see a rather long break in between the many centuries.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

Culture, Civilization, And Demarcation at the Northwest Borders of Greece by Laurie Kain Hart page 202

and this link

So as even Brailsford has mentioned before it was the Vlachs of Macedonia who were the backbone of the 19th century propaganda tool created by the German Droysen "hellenism". Where are these majority ethnic "greeks" that bounce up and down all the time telling us we're not Macedonians

I also would like to note that the Macedonians are mentioned as primarily a "Laboring class" Laborer = Bulgar.

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

the question of greeks in macedonia is very confusing due to 2 very important factors. firstly the influence of the mainly greek speaking heirachy of the orthodox church and the prestige of being greek and secondly most "evidence" is from the latter part of the 19th century over 50s years since the creation of neo hellas. within that time the propganda and influence of neo hellas permeated the balkans and consequently many people were hellenised at an individual family village or like the vlachs even at an ethnic level.

i would like to see how the situation looked in the late 1700s. thats when we can determine who was what in the balkans before the establishment of the new christian kingdoms, not after vested political forces had already begun to influence poeples ethnic identification. a simmilar thing happened with the emergence of bulgaria and the subsequent bulgarisation of macedonian people.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Osiris
                          i would like to see how the situation looked in the late 1700s. thats when we can determine who was what in the balkans before the establishment of the new christian kingdoms, not after vested political forces had already begun to influence poeples ethnic identification
                          Very true. Hence the reason why I wrote the below.

With the assumption of control in the Balkans by the Ottomans, the Archbishopric of Ohrid in Macedonia had its widespread power and influence marginalised, while the Patriarchate of Constantinople found itself in a rejuvenated position resulting from its new found friendship with the recently arrived Muslim overlords. With the

Of course, there is much to elaborate, but it is a good starting point to get the structure of events clarified and in place.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Osiris, there was a reason for wiping out the Ohrid Archbishopric in the 1700's.
                            The decision came from Istanbul with huge influence from the phanariotes. I have never read anywhere about the locals protesting about the Ohrid Archbishopric, therefore can only assume they were looking after their flock .... All over Macedonia.

I would like to know what a "Greek" in Macedonia was in the 1700's if anyone would like to chip in. And if we remove ethnic Vlachs from the equation, then I would like to read about this 1 person.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

exactly my a point risto in the 1700 s one would have been hard pressed to find agreek in attika boetia the peloponese many of the islands thessaly eprirus etc etc let alone in macedonia. then sudenly we find greeks everywhere in russia the ukraine in bulgaria turkey albania serbia rumania and macedonia we should never forget the megali idea originally encompassed even parts of italy and egypt.
                              Last edited by osiris; 07-30-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X