X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtyCodingHabitz
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    I find it hard to believe any school would accept citations on an essay from a website that can be altered or edited by anybody that bothered to log on. To use it as a reference point, sure, but to use it as a citation, I don't think so.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I am not sure you have understood my question.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

DCH i comend you for surviving a school with racist biggots who are your teachers great to hear you stuck to your guns. I had a teacher in highschool who was a Serb and him and myself would always get into arguments when it came to history class.
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• sf.
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          I find it hard to believe any school would accept citations on an essay from a website that can be altered or edited by anybody that bothered to log on. To use it as a reference point, sure, but to use it as a citation, I don't think so.

Remember in say year 9, one of your lazy teachers would give you a bullshit poorly-defined assignment like "do research and report on tigers?" And if you are my age, you would copy everything out of an encyclopedia, or any source off the net and the lazy prick of a teacher would not care about references or even bother to check your assignment, coz he/she is an English teacher and is only filling in the hours at an under-resourced school. These are the conditions under which wikipedia is accepted. However, teachers like this are increasingly getting weeded out of the system.
          Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

It surprises me , as the primary schools and high schools and university my sons have attended and attend do not allow Wikipedia to be used for citations in research , in Adelaide, South Australia.
            Rightly so, there is more than enough false Greek propaganda altered and spread on this site when it comes to Macedonian issues.
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• machorot
              • May 2010

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
              My greek history teacher failed me because I disagreed with her "ancient greek" books and all the bullshit was inside. That was the same teacher that didn't put my name in the school year book that had all the students names, except mine.
              DCH, i understand your frustration. Perhaps asking the AMHRC for some advice would be worthwhile, as it may be a case of discrimination.

Also, a word of advice from me, is to be careful about what you say and how you react to those teachers. Try not to be confrontational, but rather let them make the mistake.

You could have perhaps challenged some of the information in those history books by citing some alternative views in other reputable publications, and then asking the teacher in front of the class, which piece of information is correct, and why.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

good advice but challenging any teacher in front of the class does not sit well with them
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

DCH, i understand your frustration. Perhaps asking the AMHRC for some advice would be worthwhile, as it may be a case of discrimination.
                  Kinda late now... I'm 19.

You could have perhaps challenged some of the information in those history books by citing some alternative views in other reputable publications, and then asking the teacher in front of the class, which piece of information is correct, and why.
                  With a greek teacher? you try convincing them.

Comment

• Mactruth
                    • Dec 2010

Wikipedia

I wanted to see how many people here are actually using the information on this website to make edits on Wikipedia?

Greeks and Bulgarians have a monopoly on that website, and many people use Wikipedia for information. In other words, don't blow off Wikipedia, it is an important digital battle ground that every member here has to recognize.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

Welcome to the MTO Mactruth.
                      Wikipedia cannot be cited in our education system as a resource for information, and as such, is not a credible website for information, as information can be altered.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mactruth View Post
                        I wanted to see how many people here are actually using the information on this website to make edits on Wikipedia?

Greeks and Bulgarians have a monopoly on that website, and many people use Wikipedia for information. In other words, don't blow off Wikipedia, it is an important digital battle ground that every member here has to recognize.
                        Best thing is to contact George Soros and ask him what's going on with him - one of his many internet operations.
                        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Wellcome aboard.If you had reputable people only updating information in a professional way like encyclopaidias & reference books.But with wikapaedia every man & his dog can change anything.So you got politics into it.All the different countries will have their own versions & propaganda to spread.So Mactruth the information is only as good as the people writing it.
                          The only thing is you have to take the information from wikipaedia with a grain of salt as it may be innaccurate.
                          Last edited by George S.; 12-08-2010, 02:57 AM. Reason: ed
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

Welcome Mactruth...We already have a thread on Wikipedia..
                            I wouldn't use Wikipedia for toilet paper...

Wikipedia - false information
                            Sites such as Wikipedia have always been susceptible to vandalism and the spread of false information by individuals or groups with a vested interest. false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately. It is synonymous with and sometimes called Black propaganda. It may include the distribution of forged documents,

Sites such as Wikipedia have always been susceptible to vandalism and the spread of false information by individuals or groups with a vested interest.

false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately. It is synonymous with and sometimes called Black propaganda. It may include the distribution of forged documents, manuscripts, and photographs, or spreading malicious rumors and fabricated intelligence. Disinformation should not be confused with misinformation, information that is unintentionally false.
                            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

I am forwarding the following info from a few selected posts from Kajgana forums to add to (or reinforce some of) the info that has already been presented in this thread.

15-08-07
                              Misirkov

Регистриран
                              Mar 2005
                              Мислења

Номинално

Wikipedia ne e "glupost" zoshto mnogumina od poneupatenite bash od tamu
                              crpat informacii. Idealna e za mackanje ochi na Zapadnjaci i ostanati. Zatoa
                              Bugarite ja imaat preplaveno Wikipedia so nivna propaganda protiv Makedonija!

Ne se raboti samo za car Samoil, tuku bukvalno za sekoj Makedonec i za
                              sekoja tema (jazik, identitet, nastani, licnosti). Ako ne mozat nesto direktno
                              da izmenat, vednas do nego stavaat nivna "verzija" (ili nivnata e prva verzija)
                              i taka ja relativiziraat makedonskata vistina.

Na primer, duri i za osloboduvanjeto na Skopje (sto e Vtora svetska vojna i
                              za koj nastan ima zivi svedoci) napisale deka bilo oslobodeno bugarskoto
                              naselenie. Ili pak za Pulevski napisale deka ne se znaelo kakov bil, bilo
                              "disputed" dali e Makedonec ili Bugarin, itn.

Na Wikipedia, Bugarite imaat zaposleno lugje koi celovremeno rabotat. Taka
                              sto i da smenite nesto, za kratko vreme go menuvat na staroto. Mislam deka duri
                              ima i nekoj program koj toa go odrabotuva.

Ova kolku da znaete so kogo si imate rabota.

Pozdrav i mnogu upeh.

македонска-пропаганда)

18-08-07 #16
                              Misirkov

Номинално

Sega se otkri deka i Vatikan (pokaj CIA, FBI, MI-5, BBC, itn.) shteluvale
                              podatoci na wikipedia.

Ako e enciklopedija, taa po definicija treba da sodrzhi provereni fakti, a
                              ne neshto shto na nekoj mu odgovara. Jasno e deka toaa ne e sluchaj so ovaa tnr.
                              "enciklopedija". Problemot e shto mnogu luge ne se svesni ili svesno go
                              pottisnuvaat faktot deka ne se raboti za pouzdan izvor na informacii i chesto se
                              povikuvaat na wiki kako izvor.

Se postavuva prashanjeto na kogo mu e potrebna vakva "encikoledija"? Dali ne
                              se raboti za perfiden nachin na oblikuvanje na javnoto mislenje i prekrojuvanje
                              na istorijata?!

Shto se odnesuva do prilozite za wikipedia, mnogu e ochigleno deka tie
                              spagjaat vo domenot na propagandata i revizionizmot. Zatoa mnogu organizacii,
                              vladi itn. kako gorenabrojanite BBC, MI-6, itn. vkluchuvajkji ja i bugarskata
                              vlada, imaat plateni lugje celovremeno da shirat propaganda.

Konkretno za car Samoil - ne postoi nitu eden primaren istoriski izvor od
                              toa vreme vo koj Samoil se narekuva/e narechen bugar! Toa e fakt!

Eve primer za valkanite igri na wikipedia:

"International Humanitarian Law professor Ludwig Braeckeleer thinks so. In
                              an article published yesterday in the Korean newspaper OhMyNews, he reveals a
                              discovery he made while researching a story on the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103
                              over Scotland. It turns out that a Wikipedia administrator named SlimVirgin is
                              actually Linda Mack, a woman who as a young graduate in the 1980s was hired by
                              investigative reporter Pierre Salinger of ABC News to help with the
                              investigation. Salinger later came to believe that Mack was actually working for
                              Britain's MI5 on a mission to investigate the bombing and to infiltrate and
                              monitor the news agency. Shortly after her Wikipedia identity was uncovered,
                              many of her edits to articles related to the bombing were permanently removed
                              from the database in an attempt to conceal her identity. This discovery comes
                              only months after another Wikipedia admin was caught lying about his credentials
                              to the press. What can Wikipedia do about those who would use it for their own
                              purposes?"

македонска-пропаганда)/page2

For fair use only.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Wikipedia

If we can have statistics regarding this forum,
                                The most used word in this forum would have to be "Macedonia"
                                The silver medal would have to go to the Greek, forum members favourite "Wikipedia".

We've all been guilty of posting a wikipedia link before, but some seem to swear by them and think its the be all and end all. Why i came to this conclusion? well search the word "Wikipedia" in this forum, a huge majority of posts come from members such as Voltron, cultea, Agamoi Thytai, and the king of them all, the late MR Wiki (Thessa). I just wish i had a dollar each time these blokes posted a wiki link, i would have enough money to bail Greece out (not that i would do it) lol.

I feel it is important we expose some truths about "Wikipedia".
                                Truths, you will not find in Wikipedia it self. But then again, is their any truth in what is written on this site that gets fed by anyone in the world that only needs a computer.

Here is a stat that might explain where i am coming from.

Wikipedia wars: 10 biggest edit battles

Number one is, Nikola Tesla: The Origins-of-the-Scientist War

The eccentric Nikola Tesla was one of the most brilliant inventors of the nineteenth century. Perhaps most notably, he invented alternating current and helped perfect the designs of the radio and the telephone. His life was marked by famous feuds with the likes of Thomas Edison and Guglielmo Marconi (the inventor of radio). So what should spark an edit war?

Why, endless debate over how to refer to Tesla's nationality, of course. Serbia, Croatia, Austria, and Austria-Hungary (among others) all have decent claims to being Tesla's nation of origin, and all of them have proponents that regularly edit the page.
                                So his origin gets edited on regular basis. So if my son was to do a school project on Nikola Tesla, would he have to change his info on daily basis and be correct everytime?

If you ever want good, accurate, objective, critical information about History ... steer clear of Wikipedia!!

In the mean time, please also enjoy this comical video.
                                ‪Professor Wikipedia‬‏ - YouTube
                                Last edited by Bill77; 08-09-2011, 09:05 PM.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X