• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    A few videos I'd like to share:

The 1st is of the unofficial anthem of Macedonia (Zemjo Makedonska) being proudly sung by the Macedonians of Pirin:
    Старо и младо на оро Македонско во Пиринска Македонија .Не успеаа крвниците побугарени со нивните пријатели да ги уништат Македонците, тоа започна од 1913 па...

The 2nd one is not related to the anthem but I found it really sweet just the same. Macedonian kids from Pirin singing “Ne se srami, ne se plashi, Makedonets da si.”
    Македонски деца од Пиринска Македонија си пеат Македонски песни на Македонски јазик .Македонскиот народ на поклон кај Македонскиот великан Јане Сандански.

And finally, since I'm on the subject of the Macedonians of Pirin, the 3rd video is an extended report of the 1990 gathering at the Rozhen Monastery on the anniversary of Sandanski's murder where an estimated 10,000 Macedonians from all over Pirin gathered to pay their respects (which strangely enough, is at odds with the last Bulgarian census from 2011 which counted a total of 1,654 Macedonians in the whole of Bulgaria?!). I wouldn't bother sitting through the whole half hour duration of the video. I just want people to get a sense of the crowd that day so just fast forward to the scenes where the camera pans through the crowd. It's enormous. The two census results post WWII counted close to 200,000 ethnic Macedonians living in Bulgaria. They were apparently coerced against their will to declare their “Macedonian” identity by the evil commie authorities of the time. Who coerced these Macedonians in 1990 post-Zhivkov Bulgaria to make their way up to Rozhen while running a gauntlet of police batons to display their Macedonian identity?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HLZmIN_Z7c
    Thanks for sharing.

Makedonska Himna na Makedonija-Velika Britanija (8 years ago):
    Last edited by Carlin; 05-25-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

Just a bit off-topic in response to the posts about the Brsjaci. First time ever I'm discovering that this is a thing:

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Uploader of 'Izgrej zora na svobodata' claiming it's written in Solunski Macedonian, and not in Bulgarian -

MACEDONIAN MARCH, МАКЕДОНСКИ МАРШ, ПРВА ХИМНА НА Р.МАКЕДОНИЈА. Бугарите велат дека овој марш е Бугарски бидејќи се пее, наводно, на Бугарски јазик, но тие н...
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          Uploader of 'Izgrej zora na svobodata' claiming it's written in Solunski Macedonian, and not in Bulgarian -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYUNgNQSfs
          If it was in the Solun dialect one should probably expect words like "нишчо" and "ќе" rather than "ништо" and "ште". Its origin is often attributed to a Bulgar named Aleksandar Morfov, who supposedly wrote it for or at the behest of Todor Aleksandrov. Others suggest it originated in eastern Macedonia. Whatever the case may be, the version that appears to be most common today (as in your link above) is closer to literary Bulgarian than it is to literary Macedonian. That vernacular, even if it was based on a peripheral eastern Macedonian dialect, would not be suitable for a Macedonian anthem.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
          X