X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

I sympathise with all your comments and I too would like to see things move faster but I will use a simple analogy to explain my point. When walking in winter and you come across a patch of ice you walk softly until you reach solid ground. Everyday I hope gruevski reaches solid ground. Slowly but surely all opposition is being wiped out.

Like you Prolet I don’t know if he is the best but he looks like he is the best we have for now. A government is always more constrained to say the politically correct things whereas individuals and ngos can be more liberal. It is good to see our human rights organisations are active and maybe the Mto can encourage them to take greater action in deflecting issues from Greece and Bulgaria
    Such as the Spaska Mitrova case and many others.

Maybe we in the diaspora are far but if we can support those organisations with reach we can deflect things from the vlada in ways that are more blunter than the vlada can allow themselves to take. The Mto seem like a solid group well resourced in information and excellent connections to ngos.

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

OziMak, He has so much on his plate its not funny

He has to deal with our terrible health system which he openly states that we havnt even started yet, now they are starting.

He has to deal with Poverty,Foreign Investments,Constant Lobbying, Always out of the country to meet with other MEP's to gain support, lets not forget the name issue, lets not forget Bulgaria and Greece calling him a nationalist and that we will get nowhere with him, lets not forget the Sorosoids and the Opposition parties and lets not forget the Albanian Minority that he has to juggle along with him. Its very tough, he cant do everything at once.

Lets also not forget that EU and Nato Standards need to be met, which means more reforms,battle against Corruption and Crime, bringing in new laws etc etc Some of these things should have been done decades ago and he has to do them now.

There is no doubt that Grujo has stumbled along the way, however he is the best we have at the moment and like it or not we need him to push along with the reforms in order to finish what he started.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

I am glad to see Crvenkovski in the position he is, I'll be even more glad to see him behnd bars.
        Gruevski has made many deals with the devil and soon enough we will all realise that he lacks experience, will and most importantly 'jajca' to lead Macedonia. I am very dissappointed at his performance and I think we should not give him a decade.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Jankovska, With these ratings he'd have to shoot himself in the foot pretty badly in order fall from office.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• drle
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I hope Grujo does not stay in for another 10 years.
            I would prefer someone who actually stands up and does something about attacks to our identity. This cat and mouse game is a little tiresome now.
            RTG....Why don't you understand that Grujo is doing best he can for the Republic of Macedonia...Of course we're gonna shut down the minute we put our heads up....just look what happened in 1995...we caused a cohesion and bang the Greeks gave it to us good and proper with the trade embargo..

Time and time again I read on this forum people constantly bagging him for what he's doing....Grujo has been the best Premier Macedonia has seen since its independence and we should be lucky he ain't corrupted like your Gorgievski, Crvenkovski or even Gligorov.

Mate I can assure you we're lucky we're not called the Central Balkan Republic from the early 90's thanks to Mr Gligorov...and our nationality wouldn't have been Macedonian but Slavic Balkanian if Gligorov bent over a bit more for the Greeks..

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Drle, I agree with what you say, but Grujo has had the opportunity to make some better decisions and actually follow through with some statements he has made. For example, after Bucharest, Grujo basically said, on camera, that Macedonia will be pulling out of the negotiations, that there will be some 10-point plan or something to that effect, etc. He has backed down in some critical moments where strength was required.

Had it been anybody else, sure, by now we would have been in an even worse position, but let's give credit where credit is due only, at the end of the day, we are still in the negotiations while Grujo is in power. Things can still change for the better.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• drle
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Drle, I agree with what you say, but Grujo has had the opportunity to make some better decisions and actually follow through with some statements he has made. For example, after Bucharest, Grujo basically said, on camera, that Macedonia will be pulling out of the negotiations, that there will be some 10-point plan or something to that effect, etc. He has backed down in some critical moments where strength was required.

Had it been anybody else, sure, by now we would have been in an even worse position, but let's give credit where credit is due only, at the end of the day, we are still in the negotiations while Grujo is in power. Things can still change for the better.
                I think purely because Grujo has realised that we are a goldfish amongst sharks and we have little influence in what we say to the world. But at the same time, we have taken Greece to the ICJ which I personally think is a big jump towards seeking justice for the pain we've suffered in the last 10-12 years...

I think now what Grujo has to do is remain positive about his nationalistic ideas...If there's one thing Greece doesn't like the fact that Grujo's ancenstry traces back to Lerin and that if its anyone that's gonna bite Greece on the arse good and proper its an Ejgejc...

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Excellent post Drle

Not only that Gjorgje Ivanov is from Egejska Makedonija too, he is born in Valandovo but his parents come from Kostursko.

This is the first time ever that we've had Egejci as Premier and President, not some Communist scum that would sell their souls to the devil. Grujo to me has been very good under the circumstances, just like at the justice system its full of corrupted judges who dont even want to to be lustrated. We have Opposition leaders who give our secret information to the Greeks, who was leaking information before the summit to Bucharest?? Branko Crvenkovski was president and everything came out in the Sorosoid outlets clearly exposing our positions and giving the advantage to the other side, who went to rat us out to Brussels all the time??

We've seen Nikola Gruevski,Gjorgje Ivanov and even Martin Protoger who is in the negotiation team constantly say that they will not change our name however they need to keep their cards close to their chest because we have to look out for the spies and kodoshi within our country then watch out for the dushmani.

The longer it goes on the better the position we are in, Greece is crippling badly now the whole EU is exposing them and the German MPs are slowly voicing their anger because the last thing they want to do is piss the Germans off. Having said that i read a report that if Greece goes under, Macedonia would be the most effected country out of it so its no good for us either but they should just leave us alone if they care about their country, we are next door neighbors we should be helping eachother other its a very bad sign for Greece at the moment.

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Prolet are you practicing naivete?
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Bratot, No mate thats just my opinion you dont have to agree with it

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by drle View Post
                        I think purely because Grujo has realised that we are a goldfish amongst sharks and we have little influence in what we say to the world. But at the same time, we have taken Greece to the ICJ which I personally think is a big jump towards seeking justice for the pain we've suffered in the last 10-12 years...

I think now what Grujo has to do is remain positive about his nationalistic ideas...If there's one thing Greece doesn't like the fact that Grujo's ancenstry traces back to Lerin and that if its anyone that's gonna bite Greece on the arse good and proper its an Ejgejc...
                        Drle,
                        please read the ICJ matter here:

The Applicant contends that in accordance with Article 11, paragraph 1, of the Interim Accord, Greece “has undertaken a binding obligation under international law ‘not to object to the application by or the membership of [The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia] in international, multilateral and regional organizations and institutions of which [Greece] is a member: however [Greece] reserves the right to object to any membership referred to above if and to the extent [The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia] is to be referred to in such organization or institution differently than in paragraph 2 of the United Nations Security Council resolution 817 (1993)’”, i.e. as “The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”.
                        Macedonia is going to court to affirm its right to enter into organisations as FYROM. It is also going to court to affirm it's lack of right to enter into organisations under any other name (e.g. Macedonia).

I used to think it was great until I understood why they are going to court. This is NOTHING to be proud of.

Grujo's time is up. He needs to step up NOW if there is to be any hope.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Jankovska
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by drle View Post

He only realised that after the VETO? Not so much for a politician than. No excuses. Stop the excuses. He promised something and he didn't do anything about it.

Comment

• drle
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                            He only realised that after the VETO? Not so much for a politician than. No excuses. Stop the excuses. He promised something and he didn't do anything about it.
                            Well what do you want him to do? Step down? Then what?

At the end of the day what do you want the bloke to do?

1) He's got no choice but to uphold the Ohrid agreement and learn to co-operate with the Albanians
                            2) He's replacing the old Marshal Tito feel about Macedonia and replacing it with a sense of national pride.
                            3) He's only playing by the rules to do what's best for Macedonia and that's getting em into the EU & NATO...You know it, I know, we all know it here that Macedonia needs the most help it can get, and Grujo is only doing what is best for them.

Jankovska its easy for you to point the finger in front of a computer screen when living in the diaspora...He's doing the best job he can!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                              • Jan 2009

1) A law against selling Historical finds. They should automatically become the property of the state..Fines and Jail term if selling Historiacl finds in the Black Market
                              2) Deportation policy for illegal aliens
                              The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• I of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

PM to convene meeting related to Judicial Council

Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski intends to convene a leaders' meeting to hear opinions and proposals of others about the government's proposal for constitutional changes related to the Judicial Council.

The changes promote incorporation of foreign experiences and production of judges with grater integrity, Gruevski told reporters after his tour of Tetovo, Gostivar regions.

Since the period of being an opposition party, VMRO-DPMNE has not been satisfied with the provisions for election of the Council's members, namely why most of them are not elected by judges, Gruevski said.

In 2006, VMRO-DPMNE as an opposition party was also against the Council's membership of the Justice Minister.

Macedonia's Judicial Council in accordance with the amendment 28 to the Constitution, is consisted of 15 members. Members of the Judicial Council on the basis of their official functions are the President of the Supreme Court and the Minister of Justice. Eight of the members are elected by the judges, three by the Parliament, two are proposed by the President and elected by the Parliament. The mandate of the elected members lasts for six years, with a right to be re – appointed once again.

The international community is also accepting our remarks, Gruevski said.

- We shall seek the opinion of other parties about these changes we wish to be adopted by consensus. Hence, I am planning to convene a meeting next week to discuss the changes, including the reduction of the mandate of the Council's members. The Government wishes for more serious judicial reforms, Gruevski said.

Asked to comment the work of the Constitutional Court, Gruevski said he was still waiting for the institution to explain why it passed the contradictory rulings on one provision for a period of six months.

The Court's act is a serious precedent, and demonstrates nothing else, but a severe lack of professionalism, Gruevski said.

- Obviously they (the Court) are being controlled as they alter their rulings. They should say who is in control. Maybe there is logic explanation we cannot understand and therefore I urge the Court to say why it changes its decisions, Gruevski said.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

Working...
                                X