Panagir in Marina, Naoussa July 11-12, 2009!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Panagir in Marina, Naoussa July 11-12, 2009!

YouTube - Μαρίνα Ναουσας Σαββάτο 11 Ιουλίου_Marina Naousas Saturday 11 July

YouTube - Marina, Naoussa July 12, 2009 - Μαρίνα Ημαθίας 12 Ιούλη 2009

Opa!

Gore glavata Makedonci!
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

This is great, because they are maintaining the culture and cultural identity.

But I would bet you anything that most of the people in the clip above, do not think of the people from the Republic of Macedonia as the same as them, with the same language and culture, rather as "Yugoslavs" who are completely different and 'barbarians' to them. Of course, there will be some who have been outside of their villages and had contact with other people and know the real story...

But the key is this cultural identity, that is the link, that is the foundation for cultural and national unity.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

But I would bet you anything that most of the people in the clip above, do not think of the people from the Republic of Macedonia as the same as them, with the same language and culture
      They are a product of their upbringing.

And surprisingly the Macedonians of the Republic are equally blissfully unaware of their fellow Macedonians in Greece. I can't tell you how many recent immigrants from Macedonia are astounded to hear a person whose ancestry is from "Greece" speak Macedonian.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

This is true, however, as of 2008 there has been an intensive educational program running in the Republic of Macedonia to make everyone aware of the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia - and now the overwhelming majority of the population are aware of the entirety of the situation.

Daily, for months on end, documentaries on television have been playing about the plight of the Macedonians from Aegean Macedonia, as well as similar programs showing that a large portion of the Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia are from Aegean Macedonia and showing how we are all connect and related.

For obvious reasons (Greek Government anti-Macedonian policies, racism at all levels against minorities and the assimilation program), no such program that allows information about the Macedonians, exists in Greece.

That is why the only 'information' that the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia have, particularly in the areas not particularly close to the border with the Republic of Macedonia (such as Negush, Ber, etc), is from the Greek media and the majority prosfygi who live among them.

So they hear the Greek media and propaganda telling them that up north across the border are these Yugoslavs who want to take their houses and land, while from the Prosfygi they hear how bad the Turks are for killing them and forcing them to flee... so that's the picture they get, that's all they know, that's all the information they have.

I heard this from so many in Negush and Ber, who initially thought I was 'one of them' because I could speak 'their language' (in 'their dialect') and I would ask them questions to find out what they thought (about the name issue, about the people across the border, etc). Then when I'd tell them that I was from Prilep and Bitola, they'd be completely confused (how does he know our language, how can he be just like us, what is going on)

Because of the rapport I had with them, they would listen and I would explain (in calm ways that would not activate their in-built defensive mechanisms created over decades of propaganda) the full picture to them.

It was actually easy for them to accept and realise this, because although they kept quiet about it, some of them had relatives across the border, some of them knew some of the truth, but most importantly, every one of them knew they were not the same as the rest of the 'greeks', they knew they were 'nashi' and not Vlach, Albanian, Turkish or Pontian (which is the only groups in Aegean Macedonia) and not 'Greeks' like the ones down South in Athens, etc. They were prepared to accept that 'their kind' was unique (which they knew) and that their kind existed across the border to the north (most of them didn't even know anything about the Republic of Macedonia at all before that).

So, like I said, it is the language and the culture which is the key.

As long as the Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia maintain their Macedonian national, linguistic and cultural identity (as opposted to bastardising the language with Englishisms, or becoming Westernised to the point of losing their own cultural uniqueness and traditions) and the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia continue to have festivals like the one in Ovcharani and others (and there are more and more and more of them taking place), with Macedonian music and dance, and an increasing use of the Macedonian language - that will be the driving force behind a cultural and national unification of all Macedonians and this would happen as the Macedonian economy grows, as trade between Macedonians in the Republic and Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia increases, as well as the lifting of visa requirements or joining a borderless state in the European Union, where there would be increased interaction between all Macedonians from all over Macedonia.
        Last edited by Rogi; 07-25-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Well said Rogi.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• AegeanMacedon
            • May 2009

the greek nationalists hit again!!!!!!!!!!!
            Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

• AegeanMacedon
              • May 2009

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Nice video's Aegean Macedon, thanks for the information also, keep em' coming.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                X