Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

jankovska what do you think we in the diaspora should be doing for macedonia as a nation.

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

join greece and accept such self imposed madness and narrow mindedness.

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

why re malaka

because in greek school in australia they teach that in the begining was not the word or god but hellarse. katalavenis ti sou leo king konstantinos

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Royal Hellas View Post
          Ah, so you would like us to join you, or would you like to join us?
          what?

the people of Macedonia would like to earn as good money as the rest of the western European countries, this however will not happen in the near future, if we take the power of globalization into consideration.
          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Venom
            • Sep 2008

Royal Hellas. What about the massive conspiracy between America and Macedonia? Everything in greek newspapers is true isn't it?

Like you know it is, soon Macedonia will be as powerful as Israel and it will be a disaster for the citizens of greece. =)
            S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Royal Hellas
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Who cares, our mate Obama will clear up any misunderstandings.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Royal Hellas View Post
                Who cares, our mate Obama will clear up any misunderstandings.
                But before he does, his new adviser Colin Powell will remind him what the real reason was for not supporting the Greeks in the first place. Bring it on.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                  I am not so sure guys. While Pelister is right we have to see the bigger picture here. People in the Republic are the people who stayed there, through the bad and good, full stop. They watch the news on how their country is not recognized, how it receives threats by Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, threats that are directed at the country they live in not just the country they love. Macedonians from the Republic for some 200 euros wage have to drive to Greece, be humiliated in ways you never be in a western country, be asked to clean the border or take the car plates off, or scratch the flag.... if someone came to you in OZ and asked you to do so what would you do? Kick their arse and than get them in trouble with the law. But these people have to do it because they have to put bread on the table. Same as the people who are humiliated on the Bulgarian border but they still have to 'sverc' stuff to feed their families. And when they manage to save for a yearly holiday they can not go far because their country is not accepted anywhere. The news are just depressing, high bills, no work and constant threats.
                  Yes we are beeing maybe humiliated but we are not. Us in the Diaspora have come so far to be heared because we live in a bit of a comfort in that sense. I can go and preach to all Macedonians in RoM how their name is sacred, they have to fight for it no matter what blah blah blah but than I take my pretty red British passport and get paid on the 25th and go on holiday somewhere just because I feel a bit down and no on stops me. Last time I went to Macedonia talking to close people of mine going on about how we should be ready to die for our name if we have to and don't need this and that blah blah they usual shit someone from the Diaspora has to say and a very dear person of mine turned around and saiid: Ok, why don't you come back? I mean you are ready to die for Macedonia but you are not ready to come and live in Macedonia. Patriotic my arse and you know what he is right. All we do is preach but no one wants to live their comfortable lifes in OZ or the UK or Toronto and live in Macedonia, try and make it there. That's all we ever do, just talk. How you don't need to take a gun to defend a country this that and the other but we actually don't do anything for the country. We have UMD and a zillion Macedonians who just are good at talking the talk. Maybe this close person of mine is right: Go live back home. Invest your hard earned money in the country you love or simply give them to the country and people. Albanians do it, why shouldn't our Diaspora. People in RoM have every right to be pissed off with the Diaspora, we have moved decades ago but still dictate how they should live. Bullshit.
                  You make some good points.

The other thing is that many Macedonians have know where else to go.

But, the country is not under a military threat - and I havn't seen any evidence of the Macedonians in the Republic being threatened personally - like we are here in Australia. What I mean is have their identity challenged face to face.

I mean when I was growing up in High School - we were fighting grkomani because they were telling us face to face we weren't Macedonians. Now, Macedonians in the Republic have never experienced this kind of confrontation in Macedonia. I have had an Australian at a prominent University call me a "Slav" - that wouldn't happen in Macedonia.

The other thing is this - I have to live with FYROM when I call Telstra international call assistance ...etc.
                  Last edited by Pelister; 10-21-2008, 10:56 PM. Reason: ADD TEXT

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

My Mother had to into hospital for a day trip a while ago and they asked her Nationality.
                    She said Macedonian, naturally.
                    The hospital said .... "no, that is not on the list ... what about Croatian ... is that alright?"
                    My Mother wrote it for them ...
                    M
                    A
                    C
                    E
                    D
                    O
                    N
                    I
                    A
                    N
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I wonder what a Greek from modern Northern Greece would write when they go to the hospital? And then wonder why we even have a problem with Greeks.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                      X