X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Serafim Fintanidis: Greece lost the naming game

Rogi, I know you're gonna like this article but tell me where does the name Serafim come from? If thats not a Macedonian name then i dont know what is.

Tuesday, 20 April 2010

"We have lost the naming game before it started. Open any book anywhere that was published before 1990. Yugoslavia was made up of Six Republics: Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Macedonia with Skopje as its capital." says Fintanidis, former owner of Greek daily Eleftherotypia in an interview with DW.

"We seem to forget easily, or we don't wish to remember... Greece was playing Yugoslavia in Skopje as part of football qualifications. Greece lost 4-1. No one, not our fans, or players reacted that we played in "Macedonia", nor did the name bother us," says Fintanidis.

"Where did this 'outrage' appeared from regarding Macedonia? We have foreign nations whether we'd like to admit it or not, who are laughing at us" added Fintanidis in his interview for DW.

According to him, Athens, but also Skopje needs to learn from their mistakes. He also says Greece would prefer their neighbor be called North Macedonia, but admits it'd be a tough sell even though Skopje is interested in finding a solution.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

slowly the wall of stupidity is crumbling.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

This is a big statement from a top figure of one of the most widely circulated papers in Greece. Too bad he wasn't as brazen and honest during his leadership role with the paper.

Greek racists who deny the existence of the Macedonian people, take note of the words coming from your own:

We have lost the naming game before it started

It's only a matter of time now, while the Greek racists get weaker, the Macedonians in general get stronger, game over is coming. All the Macedonians have to do is stay strong, time will take care of the rest, let's do what we can to make it as short as possible.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Prolet, the name 'Serafim' is Hebrew, Christians use it because of the Bible.
        Originally posted by Prolet
        If thats not a Macedonian name then i dont know what is
        Then clearly you don't.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

[QUOTE]Prolet, the name 'Serafim' is Hebrew, Christians use it because of the Bible.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Prolet
          If thats not a Macedonian name then i dont know what is
          Then clearly you don't.
          __________________/QUOTE]

spoljai Ti SoM

Comment

• I of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            This is a big statement from a top figure of one of the most widely circulated papers in Greece. Too bad he wasn't as brazen and honest during his leadership role with the paper.

True, it is to bad, perhaps he just finally got fed up with all the BS, intimidation's, threats etc

Remember this;

Journalist stabbed after criticising Greek sprinters

October 21, 2004

A Greek journalist who alleged the country's two top sprinters staged a motorcycle accident on the eve of the Athens Olympics to avoid drug tests has been stabbed and beaten with crowbars as prosecutors prepare to reveal possible charges against the athletes.

Filippos Sirigos, 55, the sports editor of the Eleftherotypia newspaper, was ambushed by assailants wearing motorcycle helmets on Monday night after he left a radio station.

The attack on Sirigos has provoked a storm of protest in Greece, with his editor, Serafim Fintanidis, telling reporters that it was an "attempt to kill him... not an attack to scare him".

Police have also confirmed that the owner of the paper, Christos Tegopoulos, had received a package containing three camping gas canisters and a bottle of petrol in what they said was a clear attempt to intimidate the publication.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Big statement indeed.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Thanks SOM

I know many Macedonians who share this name and even surname like Serafimov or Serafimovski.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Prolet, the name 'Serafim' is Hebrew, Christians use it because of the Bible.

Then clearly you don't.

I google`d it and remembered where i heard that name b4, "Serafim"...

Its the name of the angel made with mosaic on the roof of Hagia Sophia church in Istanbul, 6th century...

Last edited by Onur; 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Spartan
                    • Sep 2008

'Serafim' are a type of Angel, not the name of a specific angel.
                    The serafim are first mentioned in the old testament I believe.
                    Last edited by Spartan; 04-20-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X