X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mango
    • Feb 2010

New book on Aegean Macedonian ethnography

A Macedonian author is writing a book about the number of ethnic Macedonians in Greece. He is asking for modern photos of Macedonian villages in Aegean Macedonia. If you have any please email to mango@gate.net. Thanks.

BTW he has counted so far about 700,000 Macedonians in Greece.
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mango View Post
    A Macedonian author is writing a book about the number of ethnic Macedonians in Greece. He is asking for modern photos of Macedonian villages in Aegean Macedonia. If you have any please email to mango@gate.net. Thanks.

BTW he has counted so far about 700,000 Macedonians in Greece.
    I have some mate, just give me time to organise it. I have one photo of what looks like Grafiti in Macedonian cyrilic dated 1946 which would have been during the civil war. Its on a building in one of the villages. Would something like that be any good to you?
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      I have some mate, just give me time to organise it. I have one photo of what looks like Grafiti in Macedonian cyrilic dated 1946 which would have been during the civil war. Its on a building in one of the villages. Would something like that be any good to you?
      Send him everything you've got Bill, let them decide what is suitable for the publication, hopefully some gems will be unccovered in the process...

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Expect a lot of photos in your inbox Mango
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          Send him everything you've got Bill, let them decide what is suitable for the publication, hopefully some gems will be unccovered in the process...
          I actualy have video footage of a lovely old lady (from one of the villages). Her house was vertualy in the middle and highest point of this village. She opens her window from the top story of her house, and with as loud as she can, she belts out a song "Razbudise Makedonijo" waving her fist around.

You can't put that in a book. But even if you could, i would not do it to her for fear for her safety. I still can't get over this brave proud Macedonian old lady.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• mango
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
            Thanks buddy but he needs photos of how villages are looking presently since he speaks about the number of Macedonians today.

Comment

• Mygdon
              • May 2009

700.000? can this really be realistic/reliable?

Comment

• mango
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by artemi View Post
                The author is using reliable statistics as well as personal contacts. The statistics counts 'Makedonci po rod'.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by artemi View Post
                  Why not? The Grtsi did not wipe all of us out. There is about 2.5 million people in Greek occupied Macedonia. To think a quarter of them are descended from our people is not completely ridiculous.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Why not? The Grtsi did not wipe all of us out. There is about 2.5 million people in Greek occupied Macedonia. To think a quarter of them are descended from our people is not completely ridiculous.
                    Its not unreasonable at all, and if we consider that according to a Serbian census of 1924 there were about 620,000 Macedonians on 38% of its territory, its not unreasonable to assume that there were probably as many if not more on the other 51% of its territory.

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

rogi those pics are beautiful!

I really liked Lerin when I visited. I'd love to see Voden next time I'm there.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Before the greeks took over in 1913 they numbered 10% of the population & they had a Greek consulate in Solun.After 1913 they tried to destroy all traces of macedonian existence.Despite their propaganda they never occupied Agean Macedonia before & to this day it is illegally occupied!!
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

In that case, I'll upload them in their full resolution as one compressed file and email you the link.

Comment

Working...
                          X