X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

National All Styles Championship

On the 1 - 2 December the National All Styles Championship was held at the Melbourne sports and aquatic centre. Pece Naumovski this year competed in a higher division this year, 15 - 17 years age group for sparring.

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Lalor local has a black belt in determination
      By Annie Koiker

PECE Naumovski began taking karate lessons after becoming enthralled by the action in martial arts films at the age of eight. Six years later, the Lalor resident has fought his way through more than 100 competitions, with spectacular results.

Naumovski obtained his black belt, first dan, in just five years. He also holds a coveted World Championship title – which he admits is his proudest achievement to date.

Naumovski balances his year 10 studies at Thomastown Secondary College with a gruelling training regime under the guidance of coaches Jason Knight and Morgan Abouzid at Go-Kan-Ryu Karate.

“Some days we focus on my fitness, practising cardio and stamina exercises, and then we spend a lot of time practising drills,” he says.

Naumovski has represented Australia on numerous occasions and has kicked and blocked his way around the globe.

“I’ve probably been to about 10 major competitions around the world; in Greece, North America, Germany, Japan, and England,” he says.

“I’ve met some great people along the way, and also some tough competitors. It’s always good to see how people from all around the world train.”

Naumovski has numerous inspirations, but names Hollywood star and martial arts icon Bruce Lee as his favourite.

“Although his style is different... what I find

most powerful is his determination” he says.

Naumovski’s karate takes up most of his spare time, but he manages a happy social life with the support of family and friends.

“It helps me stay focused, because I know I have to be determined to reach the levels I’m aiming for,” he says.

While planning a future in karate, Naumovski is realistic about the benefits of study. He aims “to finish VCE, go on to university and leave with a degree.”

Further down the track he would ‘‘love to open a club somewhere, and have my own place’’.

Naumovski was recently nominated for Whittlesea’s 2012 Australia Day Awards for devotion to karate.

He is grateful for the support he gets from the community and tries to give something back by helping at the Donnybrook Monastery each Sunday.

“I have a lot of sponsors in the area, and from the Macedonian community, who are an incredible help to me and my family.”
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

2013 AKF Australian Open Championships

The 2013 AKF Australian Open Championships was carried out on the 20 - 21 of April at the Whitlam Leisure Centre, Liverpool, NSW. There were over 930 competitors from seven nations including, England, Japan, and China. Pece Naumovski was among those representing Australia as he has done many times on numerous occasion. He came away with the silver medal in kumite (sparring) juniors -68 kg.

"This was a tough match, I have been training hard every day. When you go into any tournament you have to have the mindset that any position you get is a win regardless if you came tenth or first. It just means that you have to train harder next time. I am happy that I came second, it just means that I won't the first place even more and I am determined to get it in my upcoming tournament." said Naumovski

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Congratulations Pece! Well done, a truly inspirational young Macedonian!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Bij
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
            National All Styles Championship

On the 1 - 2 December the National All Styles Championship was held at the Melbourne sports and aquatic centre. Pece Naumovski this year competed in a higher division this year, 15 - 17 years age group for sparring.

Is it just me, or is the kid on the right in this picture BLUE?

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

Yes he got hit in the head a few times.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Camp 2013
                Pece Naumovski attended the Australian Karate Federation (AKF) high performance camp at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). The camp was headed by a world class coach in karate Mr Antonio Oliva Seba 8th Dan from Spain. "Antonio Oliva is one of the pioneers of Martial Arts in Europe and a world leader in the study and teaching of Tactics in Combat Sports. He is a Founder Member of the CICAC (Centre for Scientific Research into Martial Arts and Combat Sports)". Pece was really taken by what Mr Oliva said and has a similar philosophy about karate "Antonio Oliva is a believer and as such believes that Karate is Love. Love is the only force, the only power and the only knowledge with the capacity to drive our world to new levels of consciousness which are higher than those at which we currently live."

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

congrats pece great news.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                    • Nov 2009

Pece Naumovski GKR World Champion 2013

Pece Naumovski World Champion Once Again Pece Naumovski has once again proven that he is the best of the best becoming GKR world champion for the second time, the first was in Birmingham, UK 2007. Since then Pece has represented Australia in many tournaments around the world such as the karate Olympics in Las Vegas, USA and Japan championship, Takamatsu, Japan. The 2013 GKR World Cup was held on Friday 19 July - Sunday 21 July 2013 at Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre Homebush Bay, Sydney. Countries such as England, United States of America and New Zealand were represented by their best karate athletes. Pece placed first in Kata in open division defending his title. There were over 30 competitors in this open division. Pece scored the highest score recorded by all three judges. The founder of Go Kan Ryu karate Kancho Robert Sullivan says that he sees great potential in Pece as a karate athlete and looks forward to watching him when he breaks into the seniors division. He also said that Pece has a bright future at GKR karate as a senior sensei and can see Pece one day climbing up to the top. "Such is the potential of this young karate-ka that I cannot stop thinking about the similarities between me and him when I was his age" said Kancho Sullivan. "I have worked hard all year and have been able to take my training to the next level, since my last world cup I have been able to represent Australia in many high level international tournaments which has allowed me to grow into a well rounded athlete and to have the opportunity to compete against top karate athletes from around the world". Said Pece. The pictures show Pece a proud Australian representing his country, but he does not forget his roots and his heritage. "I am a Macedonian and I am proud of my heritage. I represent two countries that I love and I have to show this love any way I can". said Pece.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

comgrats pece its all the determination & the will to win & you'll make it.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post

Pece Naumovski World Champion Once Again Pece Naumovski has once again proven that he is the best of the best becoming GKR world champion for the second time, the first was in Birmingham, UK 2007. Since then Pece has represented Australia in many tournaments around the world such as the karate Olympics in Las Vegas, USA and Japan championship, Takamatsu, Japan. The 2013 GKR World Cup was held on Friday 19 July - Sunday 21 July 2013 at Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre Homebush Bay, Sydney. Countries such as England, United States of America and New Zealand were represented by their best karate athletes. Pece placed first in Kata in open division defending his title. There were over 30 competitors in this open division. Pece scored the highest score recorded by all three judges. The founder of Go Kan Ryu karate Kancho Robert Sullivan says that he sees great potential in Pece as a karate athlete and looks forward to watching him when he breaks into the seniors division. He also said that Pece has a bright future at GKR karate as a senior sensei and can see Pece one day climbing up to the top. "Such is the potential of this young karate-ka that I cannot stop thinking about the similarities between me and him when I was his age" said Kancho Sullivan. "I have worked hard all year and have been able to take my training to the next level, since my last world cup I have been able to represent Australia in many high level international tournaments which has allowed me to grow into a well rounded athlete and to have the opportunity to compete against top karate athletes from around the world". Said Pece. The pictures show Pece a proud Australian representing his country, but he does not forget his roots and his heritage. "I am a Macedonian and I am proud of my heritage. I represent two countries that I love and I have to show this love any way I can". said Pece.

Bravo Pece, da si shiv i zdrav mogou godini!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

What an absolute champion.
                          Well done to him.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

He trained hard for this one and as always draped himself with the Macedonian flag. Id like to see other young Macedonian athletes doing the same.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

The 2013 AKF National Championships were held on the 9 - 11 of August Hobart, Tasmania. There were over a thousand competitors from all over Australia, Victoria had the most athletes competing at national level. Pece Naumovski was able to take away the silver medal after some tough fights in kumite.

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Congratulations Pece! well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X