• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

France 24 Europe District Macedonia

I stumbled along this the other day on my satellite channel.
    In case you havnt seen it. Thats where I found out over 1000 Greeks go to Macedonia on an everyday basis. A lot also for dental work which offers same quality with better price. Clips 1 & 2 below.

Europe District takes you to Macedonia, a former Yugoslav republic whose long-standing name dispute with Greece has hampered Skopje’s progress towards EU and NATO membership. We also show you why a row…

From Skopje to Tetovo...we meet Macedonia’s large Albanian community. We also go south to the town of Bitola, well-known for its dentists, and whose shops have become a magnet for Greek tourists. Finally,…
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

your gas prices as well are cheaper over there. I sometimes wish I was by the border so I can go fill up at a 1.40 Euro a liter. We are paying 1.70 a liter

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

This will all change if Macedonian becomes a EU member.

I would bet the majority that come from Greece come because they do not have a choice.
      Last edited by Bill77; 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

ltron i found out from a couple of greek friends that it's cheaper to go to bulgaria.In australia to screw say 8-10 teeth it costs Over $30,000 ,maybe $40,000 so what people are doing is going for a holiday to greece & instanbull & from there they go to bulgaria where they can do the whole thing for a couple thousand dollars.With certificates that if something goes wrong they will pay in australia to have something remedied.Also the hotels are very cheap in bulgaria.I don't know if the macedonian dentists are cheaper.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

voltron a lot of greeks are coming to buy stuff over the border because it's cheaper.Some of them say if the way things are going in on greece with prices they may move in to macedonia.Macedonia can make the most by not joining the eu but whom am i to say they will join anyway.
          Just saying hi to my friend Bill still holding the baby!haha
          Last edited by George S.; 03-30-2011, 07:59 AM. Reason: edit
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            Just saying hi to my friend Bill still holding the baby!haha
            Hi George
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

How is it going bill,weather is shit in sydney with hailstones etc making the grass grow a
              a couple of feet high i just cut it last week.
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post

I would bet the majority that come from Greece come because they do not have a choice.

Thats a fact. Prices skyrocketed like you wouldnt believe. Trust me when I say I miss the Drachma.

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  ltron i found out from a couple of greek friends that it's cheaper to go to bulgaria.In australia to screw say 8-10 teeth it costs Over $30,000 ,maybe $40,000 so what people are doing is going for a holiday to greece & instanbull & from there they go to bulgaria where they can do the whole thing for a couple thousand dollars.With certificates that if something goes wrong they will pay in australia to have something remedied.Also the hotels are very cheap in bulgaria.I don't know if the macedonian dentists are cheaper.
                  Well, My family comes to Greece for dental work. In the states they really rape you good. Espescially if you dont have insurance. A simple cavity will cost you around few hundred bucks. In Greece its like 50 Euros a cavity. Pretty good deal.

I have to hand it to you guys though. You have integrity, I mean if we are supposed to be at each others throats the last place I would go to is a Macedonian Dentist. lol, I mean for the love of God what are we thinking. But I guess hippocratic oath and proffessionalism prevails in this case. Also brings good business to the locals over there Bitola.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Absolutely correct.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Voltron, Whats your opinion on the Bishop of Solun Antimos openly attacking our people and stating that Bitola belongs to the Greek People??
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Voltron
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Nationalists exist everywhere Prolet. I think there was a case with one of your Priests as well. Nothing to comment on. New generation will take over from the old guard.
                        Its espescially regrettable when fellow Orthodox Christians insult each other. We should know better espescially in the rising tide of islamification. I dont endorse this type of language.

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Yep, one effect of E.U membership will be that it drives the price of everything ... milk, bread, meat ...etc, through the roof.

Comment

Working...
                          X