X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sekirani
    • Feb 2010

Christian Today Study

Christians from across Europe gathered in Leicester earlier in the month to engage in the issue of being Muslim within Europe.

Australia ranked third when it came to helping others in a survey of 15 to 64-year-olds conducted in 26 countries belonging to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), as well as China, India and South Africa.

The report, Society at a Glance, measured ‘pro-social behaviour’ in OECD countries, such as volunteering, giving money to charity and helping a stranger.

Only America and Ireland were more generous. Greece is the least kind country, with only 13 per cent saying they had done something to help others.

The study also reports Australians doing over 4 hours a day of unpaid work, ranking third among the OECD countries, and spends 45 minutes a day caring for household and non-household members, shorter only than Ireland (62 minutes) and New Zealand (48 minutes).

After Canadians, Australians are also the most tolerant in the OECD migrants, ethnic monitories and gays and lesbians, with an average of 84% while the OECD average is 61%.
  • Frank
    Banned
    • Mar 2010

Greece is the least kind country, with only 13 per cent saying they had done something to help others.
    Fear and hate of minorities with self loathing and denial that the Greeks are immigrants themselves all bound by Hellenism and Western Governments who continue to feed this undeserving spoilt little brat of a Nation

Whilst in Australiaing no border frontiers is well a great advantage if that was not the case I am positive the picture would be so,so different

On unpaid volunteer work can you Imagine selling that concept to Macedonians can you imagine the stumped look on their faces

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Well frank australia is helping us to call us fyrom & not to recognize us under our proper name.Macedonia.Australia is simply playing politics & does not care about us as a people
      they dont beleive in self identification & trust what the greeks have lied to them we are..
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I don't think Macedonians are in any way much more enlightened than Greeks in terms of "niceness". Surveys like this often don't convey other important matters. For example, the community spirit in Macedonia and Greece (especially in the villages) is superior to anything you will ever see in USA or Australia.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          For example, the community spirit in Macedonia and Greece (especially in the villages) is superior to anything you will ever see in USA or Australia.
          I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. I think Macedonian communities are just as prone to small town/village politics, jealousy's and spite as any other communities. In terms of community spirit, how many volunteers were mobilised during the recent Queensland floods? The figure was 50,000 (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-flood-victims), so much that the authorities could not even utilise everyone that wanted to help. Similar examples of community spirit abound throughout Australia and the US and in fact probably dwarf anything Macedonia has been able to muster in both sheer numbers and ratio's. One example that is really telling is the work of Australian Legacy organisation, which provides care, funds and housing for the families of Australian soldiers that have died in war. This organisation is run by volunteers and depends on donations. The sheer amount of community mobilisation and resources that it takes to support all of those people has never been achieved in Macedonia for anything, let alone the families of those killed in war.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Frank
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

The article points to the volunteer spirit of helping without a personal benefit but just wanting just to from the heart, that is the main point most of you are missing. Are all you seriously saying Macedonians display any of that character today not even 500 families from Archinovo who still live as refugees in their own Country ethnically cleansed by Albanaian Terrorists are given a hand by anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X