• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Two Macedonians World Champs in Kickboxing

Saturday, 29 October 2011

Macedonian kickboxer Dimitar Georgiev is the new world champion in the category up to 74kg after defeating his Iranian opponent Musavi Mir Davud in yesterday's final.

In front of a large crowd in Skopje's Boris Trajkovski arena, Georgiev was superb not just in the final, but throughout the entire tournament.
    Ace Georgievski followed his colleague's example, brought the second gold for Macedonia and became the world champ in the 94kg category defeating Slovenian opponent Dejan Vajs.

The Macedonian ladies also had the opportunity to bring gold, however Maja Mihajlovska (70kg) lost in the final just as her training partner Gordana Boshevska (65kg) who also lost out the gold to Hungarian opponent Miskolci.

Apart from the two silvers, Stefka Jankovska won a bronze medal.

Over 1,500 kick boxers from 60 countries are taking part in this year's world championship.
    http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19482/2/

this guys show the world how strong macedonians still are...
    well done guys
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Hope their fights end up on Youtube!
    Well done to them.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Well done to the boys for their gold medals and the girls for their silver and bronze medals.

It would have been nice to have a small Makedonsko sonce.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

yeah draped in the ventilator how great is that.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

I hope those are ice packs around his shins...

Does anyone know what kickboxing federation these championships are held for?
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Congratulations and good on them all, both men and women. It would have been good to promote the Macedonian sun rather than the ventilator though.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ProMKD
              • Oct 2011

Congratulations Macedonian Kickboxers! There are two massive flags inside the Boris Trajkovski Arena - the 16-ray and the ventilator. I am trying desperately to find pics of this event where the flag is showing, and videos too! But here's a stock photo of the arena:

Surprisingly, it just took me a while to find that. I found it at the "boristrajkovski.gov.mk" arena website, and it was under the "latest panoramic view" and I had to take a screenshot. I noticed a few event photos ONLY had the ventilator on the one side now. I wonder if that's old or new. I was there for the Finland-Macedonia handball game in 2008 and the 16-ray was on the wall. Someone must find pics of the kickbox!
              www.everythingmacedonia.com
              Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

Working...
              X