• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jiver
    • Jul 2013

Working as a doctor in Australia

Hi all,

Basics are that I'm a general practitioner who graduated from the Ss. Cyril and Methodius Uni of Skopje, I've practiced in Macedonia for some time before coming here.

Does anyone know of doctor recruiters for rural Australia? It's easier to be registered and to start work in the country, rather than in the big city.

Thanks in advance!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Hi jiver, plenty of work for GP's in rural Australia. Have you considered whether your qualifications are recognised here in Australia?

I have a number of clients in your profession. Happy to help where I can.

pozdrav
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Jiver have you checked out whether your studies at st kiril etc uni are recognized for medicine.Foe example in the past people studied at Belgrade uni only satisfied half the oz uni requirements.One of the hardest thing is to satisfy examiners for the second half.There are quite a number of Macedonian medicos finshing more than half of their course.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Jiver,

Are you already in Australia?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

He appears to have been a few months ago.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• jiver
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Hi jiver, plenty of work for GP's in rural Australia. Have you considered whether your qualifications are recognised here in Australia?

I have a number of clients in your profession. Happy to help where I can.

pozdrav
            Hi Risto the Great,

I had a look and saw that Ss. Cyril and Methodius is on their site of recognized Universities, so I can only hope!

My interest is purely to find work in an Area of Need, I read the requirements to start working there are more streamlined than in opting for general registration.
            The only thing is...I can't find an employer willing to look at my case. It's a huge country, I just don't know where to start looking. That's one of the problems of being a recent arrival here

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Pozdrav!

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Rural Western Australia is definitely lucrative and in need of services such as yours.
              Another alternative is to reside in the city and do locum work (after hours driving to patient's homes). It is extremely lucrative!
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jiver View Post
                Hi Risto the Great,

I had a look and saw that Ss. Cyril and Methodius is on their site of recognized Universities, so I can only hope!

My interest is purely to find work in an Area of Need, I read the requirements to start working there are more streamlined than in opting for general registration.
                The only thing is...I can't find an employer willing to look at my case. It's a huge country, I just don't know where to start looking. That's one of the problems of being a recent arrival here

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Pozdrav!
                I think there is still a process of accreditation that you need to undertake. You're best point of contact is probably the Australian Medical Association (AMA) as a starting point.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

You can't set up shop in nsw unless you have the credentials.Your qualifications need to be assessed reassessed.From st kiril Methodius.They may not fully satisfy the AMA as to the registration as an gp.Plus you don't have much Experience,not much experience.
                  Are you onyo a visa if so you may or may not be allowed to work.Also to get sponsorshipst could be a lot of capital.NO one wants a small return on a large outlay.A lot of medicos have fallen by the wayside burned out & psycholoonsidered staying where you aregicalle damaged.The country is not the answer for some people.Have you considered wwhere you are??7 all the best.?goodluck
                  Last edited by George S.; 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• jiver
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    I think there is still a process of accreditation that you need to undertake. You're best point of contact is probably the Australian Medical Association (AMA) as a starting point.
                    Thank you for the reply, Vangelovski!

I have contacted the AMC and, according to their advice, in order for me to proceed to the next stage of obtaining an Area of Need registration I need to find an employer to sponsor me for it.
                    It's basically a legal requirement, I cannot be registered under that category unless I have someone who's agreed to take me in.

I've looked at a number of positions, nothing so far though. I don't think some of the recruiters themselves understand the process (wouldn't surprise me though)...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I assume you meet all the criteria here:
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• jiver
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        I assume you meet all the criteria here:
                        http://www.medicalboard.gov.au/Regis...Standards.aspx
                        In this case I classify under the Limited Registration paragraph, for an Area of Need...well I meet most criteria, as I still don't have a job offer lined up.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Jiver,

If you feel more comfortable dealing with other Macedonians, you may want to contact this group:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inter...49128108504909

Its based in Sydney, Australia.

Having said this, I unreservedly condemn their use of the ventilator, but they might be able to help you out.

Comment

• jiver
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            Jiver,

If you feel more comfortable dealing with other Macedonians, you may want to contact this group:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inter...49128108504909

Its based in Sydney, Australia.

Having said this, I unreservedly condemn their use of the ventilator, but they might be able to help you out.
                            Thanks for that, Vangelovski! I'll give them a call, and see if I can work something out. And what about their use of the ventilator?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Jiver, I don't want to derail your thread here, but a quick note on the ventilator seeing as you asked.

Like most of the diaspora and many Macedonians in Macedonian itself, the MTO Inc. has drawn a line in the sand. That line has been drawn very clearly in its official statement, The Macedonian Cause (http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/ann...nt.php?f=2&a=3).

The MTO Inc. has made a commitment to support and promote Macedonian freedom. It has also made a commitment to resist ANY attempt to deny the Macedonian people their freedom.

The ventilator is an attempt to deny the Macedonian people their freedom and as such it will be resisted by the MTO Inc. Many ask why it is an attempt to deny our freedom.

The reason why the ventilator is an attempt to deny the Macedonian people their freedom is simple. The Greek government, that has no legitimate say over anything to do with the Macedonian people, convinced an illegitimate Macedonian Government to FORCE a new flag onto the Macedonian people. The Macedonian people did not want to change their flag - they had this decision forced onto them. That means they lost their freedom to choose their own symbols (along with many other things through the Interim Accord).

You may ask why the Macedonian Government of the time was illegitimate. They were illegitimate because they RIGGED the elections in order to maintain power. They were not democratically elected. They were illegitimate tyrants.

The ventilator is one instrument among many that Greece uses to display their domination and our loss of freedom. Using or apologising for the ventilator is not something as simple as accepting a particular flag design, it is accepting the loss of freedom that Macedonians experienced in 1995 and continue to be subjected to.

We do not use or apologise for the ventilator in any way, shape or form. We use the sonce. That is a symbol that was not forced on us. That is a symbol chosen by Macedonians, for Macedonians, on the initiative of Macedonians. That is the symbol AND act of Macedonian freedom.

Comment

Working...
                              X