Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

If they decided to sabotage the event it would definitely downgrade their image in Melbourne. But you are definitely correct Julie, i wouldn't be surprised if a group of majmuni turned up to create a bit of tension, they would certainly not be welcomed by either the Macedonian or Australian supporters.
    The Greeks had their go in Melbourne back in 2006 and despite them not being capable of accepting a loss (remember Preston Vs South), no trouble was reported.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

I would love to see Australia host Macedonia. They have played before in Skopje when Aus was under T Venebals. Aus won 1-0.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daniel the Great
        • Nov 2009

Macedonia has played Australia before in Skopje on the 12.03.97, Australia won the game 1-0, they should have a rematch this time in Australia.
        It would be massive and i will go for sure.

I have seen a bit of the Macedonia vs Australia game on video but i cant find it now.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          I would love to see Australia host Macedonia. They have played before in Skopje when Aus was under T Venebals. Aus won 1-0.
          Who scored the goal and how did he score it??

Also who was keeping for Australia??
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mastika
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Who scored the goal and how did he score it??

Also who was keeping for Australia??
            Obviously Zeljko Kalac wasn't goal keeping.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
              • Nov 2009

I have managed to find the video of this game that was played in Skopje Macedonia, Macedonia vs Australia.

Prolet i think Mark Bosnich was the goalkeeper as for who kicked the goal yous have to watch it.

Last edited by Daniel the Great; 05-08-2010, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Boza was in goals yep

Aurilio Vidmar scored with a header
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                  This is something I'd love to happen, Macedonia coming to Australia for a friendly football match. This doesn't seem like an event that would occur anytime soon but what about in the future? Macedonia can only improve over the years and this would definitely make for a great match. Imagine the MCG or Etihad (Melbourne) packed with Macos and Aussies. This is something we need that would even help to unify us.
                  We have a strong Australian based community and i don't see why we couldn't do this provided that politics aren't mixed with the sport, something that would likely surface if this was taken into consideration by the FFA. Hypothetically speaking, how could we bring this to life?
                  If this did occur and we turned up in large numbers, not only would it be great for the sport but it would also expose our community and let Australia know who we are.
                  This may seem like a far fetched idea at the moment, but what of the future?
                  EgejskaMakedonia, Thanks for bringing this up..Just the other day I brought the same question up,by bringing the Macedonian team to play in Australia....maybe a Melbourne and Sydney game..
                  This would be awsome and I reckon we would get a big turn out of Macedonian supporters...
                  If we make enough noise it would be telavised so Australian citizens can see the amount of Macedonian they have in Australia.

How can we acheive for this to happen..?
                  The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Australia is much more better team than Macedonia.

I admired the Austraian team on the World Cup and their fanatic football spirit, they deserved to go higher but the referees are always an obstacle for the young unexperienced teams.
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Why did FFA choose New Zealand as a farewell match?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

TLWR, I agree that if the match were held in either Melbourne or Sydney we would get a great turnout. Theres no excuse why Macedonians shouldn't go, it is for the love of the world game.
                        Prolet, I am not sure on the true purpose for versing New Zealand in the farewell match but one would assume that it is because both countries made the World Cup and the close ties between Australia and NZ would most certainly be a factor.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Egejska Makedonija, This is the world cup we are talking about here, Australia has to play the best of the best while New Zealand is a very average side and they will be the whipping boys of the tournament.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

SYDNEY FC to face three European teams June 4, 2010 - 12:18PM

Sydney FC will host European clubs Blackburn, Rangers and AEK Athens in a four-team tournament in July, the A-League club announced on Friday.

Sydney FC will host European clubs Blackburn, Rangers and AEK Athens in a four-team tournament in July, the A-League club announced on Friday.

Dubbed the "Sydney Festival of Football", the reigning champions plan to make the competition an annual pre-season event with the hope of attracting different overseas clubs each year.

This year's tournament will involve six matches played as three double headers, with Sydney FC to face Greek side Athens in the opener at the Sydney Football Stadium on July 25.

Matches will also be played on July 28 and 31.

The tournament's points structure will differ from the norm, with teams awarded a competition point for each goal scored, as well as three for a win and one for a draw.

Football Federation Australia chief executive Ben Buckley said the tournament would be useful in boosting Australia's bid for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup with several FIFA delegates due to be in the country during the tournament.

English Premier League side Blackburn is home of Socceroos stars Vince Grella and Brett Emerton, while Rangers are the reigning Scottish Premier League champions.

Sydney will also face Premier League side Everton in a friendly on July 10 as part of a strong pre-season program.

Funny how they have selected a Athens team to come down...?

Quote: "Dubbed the "Sydney Festival of Football", the reigning champions plan to make the competition an annual pre-season event with the hope of attracting different overseas clubs each year."

Lets try and get a Macedonian team to represent their country in Australia next Year..!!!!
                            Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 06-04-2010, 12:06 AM.
                            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Toska
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                              Australia is much more better team than Macedonia.

I admired the Austraian team on the World Cup and their fanatic football spirit, they deserved to go higher but the referees are always an obstacle for the young unexperienced teams.
                              if you think Australia is better then Macedonia you have rocks in your head, have you ever watched any Macedonian or Australian Games, Macedonia will destroy Australia in the Centre, they wont even get close to touching the ball, Australia has no attacking power what so ever, they will have no chance.

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Toska View Post
                                if you think Australia is better then Macedonia you have rocks in your head, have you ever watched any Macedonian or Australian Games, Macedonia will destroy Australia in the Centre, they wont even get close to touching the ball, Australia has no attacking power what so ever, they will have no chance.
                                Yes pal, I did watched the last championship where Australian team got all my credits, they are running during the whole game, have shown fighting spirits and have very good organization and discipline.

What is more important giving them bigger advance compared to Macedonian team is the psychological streight, that element is the weakest in our Macedonian national team beside the fact that we are capable of actual competitive playing only one half and 80% of our forward lay upon 1 individual.

We don't have a good coaching staf and lack of discipline.
                                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
                                X