Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Risto, Even Australia took over 100 years to go to where it is now, you need strong laws and you need people to follow them. In Macedonia its really very simple, you catch and fine about 10 people for smoking in a public place and you wont see anybody else lighting up because all those people will tell their mates,parents,kids,wives etc etc Look at how it is in the EU you need reforms and proper laws so at least we know who runs the country, you are always going to get some bad cases some bad example nobody is perfect people get killed every day in America, in the UK every 20 seconds a car gets stolen however there is a general rule of law that everyone must follow. I can understand where Jankovska is coming from because she comes from a very small town in Macedonia, in every normal country you start the laws with the smaller towns and work your way up to the bigger cities like Skopje,Prilep,Kumanovo,Bitola etc etc however in Macedonia its the complete opposite which means that the bigger cities will feel the heat first starting from Skopje. I remember when the Pajaci came into place and i'll explain it how it works, if you park your car in a non parking zone a truck comes along and picks it up and takes to their depo and you have to pay 2000 denars for the service and a 1500 denars fine for illegal parking, people had their cars picked up because they parked in the front of peoples houses and lawns, if they could they would drive in the toilet so they dont have to walk there, anyways it all started in Skopje in the bigger suburbs where there were no Albanians,Gypsies ect and they would pick up all day long then about a year later they started going to Butel,Chair,Topaana,Shutka,Bit Pazar and they would pick up all the cars and the Albanians had no choice but to pay up and you will see them now they are parking in proper spots i had to see it with my own eyes to believe it so its only a matter of time before the smaller citizens will feel the full force we are a young country and alot of mistakes will be made however the rule of law must be enforced its not ready yet and its not ready in many other countries around us like Serbia,Albania,Bulgaria and even Greece however if we keep going at this pace we will get to a respectable stage.

People in the Villages didnt pay for electricity and im talking about Albanian strongholds so EVN the Austrians switched off the whole village like Arachinovo and in two days all the bills where payed which means everyone must pay, if there are mistakes made from the distributor and so forth then there are ways to deal with this.

I remember going to MVR to get a passport or an ID Cards there was so many people there that ladies around me started fainting from all the heat in the middle of July so they fixed the system you ring up and book a date you rock up there and there is only a few people infront of you and you hardly have to wait at all, its a long process and its far from perfect but at the very least the people are starting to show that respect, in Katastar you can take out a title for your property in 15 minutes which is shorter then Australia, before it would takes weeks or months you had to beg friends to help you now its different. In 3 hours you can open up a business which is brilliant, the administrations are actually starting to do their job now otherwise they get fired. At least now people are starting to take some responsibility not like before.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Prolet how old are you?

When was the last time you were in Maco and mixed with the ordinary citizens outside of Skopje?

Once you answer the above, i will give you an explanation about your misconception of politics in Makedonija!!
      Warrior, I go to Stari Kraj All the time, in Skopje there are people from pretty much every village and town in Macedonia. I been to all over Macedonia and i have seen how people live there, i never said that Macedonia is a paradise heaven but you have to start from somewhere the transitional period is over, this has to be done to meet the minimum EU standards for starters, have proper laws, justice system etc etc even our jails need to meet the proper standards. The reason why our country is poor is because of the state that it was before, nobody payed taxes, nobody payed fines, alot people didnt have their wages payed for months some even years, people became rich overnight and so forth if something doesnt change then we will always be a poor and lawless country.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

I can't believe you guys are crying for 1600 denari, $30 US, 20 eur, Any family in Macedonia can afford that, and those that can't are the ones who are on welfare already. My family are from Struga, they work as cuvari during the winter for 150 Eur a month, and in the summer, they make money by selling bali and chejnsa, they know that you stock up in the summer to live through the winter, and 1600 denari will not make or break a household in Macedonia.

I recently found out that my family has not paid our property taxes for 4 years, and while I was in Macedonia I started to freak out, thinking that our house would be taken away, so i went natreshni and I asked how much we owed for the 4 years. They told me that 4 years back-taxes was 3000 denars!!!!!! 60 dollars for 4 years.

I completely agree with Prolet, in order to develop as a country, the government must raise taxes and they should be able to fix roads, pay for schools, pay for security and these laws should be enforced.
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Too Right Buktop, we need to take action instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and let me tell you Struga is a fantastic place better then Ohrid for a holiday its quieter,your on the beach pretty much and the night life is good. We should be heavily in investing in cities like Struga,Ohrid,Dojran,Prespa for tourism we have natural beauties that others can dream about and its time to start taking advantage of them.

Look at Croatia spending billions on their coast line in Dalmacija, surly we can make the most of what we got.

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Too Right Buktop, we need to take action instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and let me tell you Struga is a fantastic place better then Ohrid for a holiday its quieter,your on the beach pretty much and the night life is good. We should be heavily in investing in cities like Struga,Ohrid,Dojran,Prespa for tourism we have natural beauties that others can dream about and its time to start taking advantage of them.

Look at Croatia spending billions on their coast line in Dalmacija, surly we can make the most of what we got.
            100% agree Prolet, my only problem with Struga is the lack of governmental structure in it's extremities, they are basically lawless, especially the ones closer to the mountains. You know, I walked with my cousin to the police station, where we came upon a friend we knew who was an officer, my cousin asked if he could see his pistol and right in the hallway of the station the officer loaded, cocked and handed the pistol to my cousin, and while officers were walking by no one even batted an eyelash... Out of all the places I have visited in Macedonia, Struga is like the Wild West of Macedonia. Beautiful place, but wild man...

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Buktop, My striko has an apartment in struga just after the Charshija there, its very nice i like the restourant T'Ga Za Jug they have the best kebapi there and the service is really good.

I've had a special forces policeman give me his assult riffle fully loaded i had a look at it and gave it back, all in the line of duty ofcourse most people know eachother its not like i was going to shoot anybody. LOL

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Buktop, My striko has an apartment in struga just after the Charshija there, its very nice i like the restourant T'Ga Za Jug they have the best kebapi there and the service is really good.

I've had a special forces policeman give me his assult riffle fully loaded i had a look at it and gave it back, all in the line of duty ofcourse most people know eachother its not like i was going to shoot anybody. LOL
                T'Ga Za Jug is famous in Struga, but if you go along the Drim, Sv. Nikola skara is one of the best in the entire area, and for some real good Lazagna or Pizza you go to Angela Pizzeria.

Yes I understand that we know the police and we aren't going to shoot anyone, but here in the USA if an officer is seen handing his firearm to a civilian he will be suspended or fired.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                  I can't believe you guys are crying for 1600 denari, $30 US, 20 eur, Any family in Macedonia can afford that, and those that can't are the ones who are on welfare already. My family are from Struga, they work as cuvari during the winter for 150 Eur a month, and in the summer, they make money by selling bali and chejnsa, they know that you stock up in the summer to live through the winter, and 1600 denari will not make or break a household in Macedonia.

I recently found out that my family has not paid our property taxes for 4 years, and while I was in Macedonia I started to freak out, thinking that our house would be taken away, so i went natreshni and I asked how much we owed for the 4 years. They told me that 4 years back-taxes was 3000 denars!!!!!! 60 dollars for 4 years.

I completely agree with Prolet, in order to develop as a country, the government must raise taxes and they should be able to fix roads, pay for schools, pay for security and these laws should be enforced.
                  Buktop, how do the youth of macedonia afford to go to Grease, Bulgaria, Serbia, Albania, Crna Gora and Croatia every summer? I thought people in macedonia where poor?

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                    • Jan 2009

Good Point Risto,

Once the whole issue is solved then i will celebrate, if you recall in 1994 people were celebrating when we where admitted to the UN under FYROM za sramota.
                    Personally i found the "celebrations" during after the referendum even more disgusting.

People didnt turn up to vote against shiptar take over of the country because they where too busy getting pissed at the pub and waving american flags.

American would have been surprised on how easy it was to control or people. We must have looked real fools then.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                      Buktop, how do the youth of macedonia afford to go to Grease, Bulgaria, Serbia, Albania, Crna Gora and Croatia every summer? I thought people in macedonia where poor?
                      I never said they were poor.

Those youths get money from their parents, or from relatives outside of Macedonia. How do those youth's have enough money to go to kafani and clubs every night? Beers are 60 denari in a club, 30 denari outside a club, the cost of living in Macedonia is so low that people who actually make 6000-7000 dollars a year are well off.

Comment

• Warrior
                        • Jan 2010

Warrior, I go to Stari Kraj All the time, in Skopje there are people from pretty much every village and town in Macedonia. I been to all over Macedonia and i have seen how people live there, i never said that Macedonia is a paradise heaven but you have to start from somewhere the transitional period is over, this has to be done to meet the minimum EU standards for starters, have proper laws, justice system etc etc even our jails need to meet the proper standards. The reason why our country is poor is because of the state that it was before, nobody payed taxes, nobody payed fines, alot people didnt have their wages payed for months some even years, people became rich overnight and so forth if something doesnt change then we will always be a poor and lawless country.
                        Based on the above post i dont think you have seen much of Macedonia. Its OK to raise taxes only when you raise the standard of living and give people the opprtunity to earn more. The more they raise taxes the more people sruggle to make ends meet. In some of your posts you are very naive as to the governments policies. What they say and what happens on the ground is totally different. Best way to analyze government policies, just ask the average Joe that works in a factory. All their rights have been stripped and been abused by the so called external investors. Corruption is rife and the economy is totally stifled, because we are hanging on the skirts of the West to give us some crumbs. What is wrong dealing with countries that are not prejudice to us, such as China, India Russia etc. But Gruevski can not do that, becuase in the eyes of his masters he will be seen as a communist, therefore lets do the so called capitalist thing and tax the hell out of the average citizens that havent been paid for the past 12 months!!!! Now we are meeting EU standards!! It works both ways Prolet, we might have EU taxes but not EU income in Maco. See problem NOW!!!

Comment

• Warrior
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Buktop View Post

Must be cheap in Struga also i am not sure if there was property tax dating back to 4 years. This is new law introduced by the Gruevski government. First time I paid was in Oct 2009 and it dated back for 12 months.

Most people are saying why introduce the tax now, yet the services havent changed!!!! Especially in rural Macedonia.

I was there in October of 2009 and the fee for 12 months of my place was higher than what you quoted over 4 years. Nonetheless i dont have a problem with paying taxes as I am a visitor there and an Australian citizen. At times i think the taxes should be higher for people like me that own a property there, but not for someone that earn 150 Euros a month. The monthly bill of electricity that i paid was 90 Euros, so how the hell are they going to survive??? Have you seen how many people in the rural of Macedonia have had their electricity disconnected because they havent met payment.
                          Two things the government can do.
                          Charge people in accordance to their income or standard of living in Maco. The current charges are EU standards. I was in Swiss in December and that is how much my cousin pays for electricity there, when converted to Euros.
                          Also what happend to providing some assistnace to the citizens to pay the bills instead of bringing in the heavy boys to disconnect it on the spot. Re-connection another 50 Euros. Insane.

The best customer/investor for the RoM is their citizens, if they cant afford to get their head above water, the economy will be the way it is and most Western investors will see it as a good place to go and abuse further the helpless citizens. Give people a chance to flourish and not tax them to death!!!!
                          Last edited by Warrior; 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

Firstly Prolet has not seen Macedonia at all. It's not just 1600 denari za taxa, what about other bills. What about danok na se drugo sto opnuvat?
                            And Prolet Macedonia is not poor becase people didn't pay taxes, Macedonia is poor becase of the gov that was and that is now. Greedy, unsatisfied bustards who will drain the poor Macedonia of the last denar to afford their flash lifestile. It makes me sick.
                            I really dare any of you here to pack your bags and I will be sending you 6000 per month to live in Macedonia? Anyone up for the deal?
                            Or are you all happy in OZ, UK, Europe America? Take me up on the offer, I promise I will give you 100 evra sekoj mesec pa prekarajte. Single you won't be able to, think how people do it with families/? Taxa za skolo, taxa za kuka, taxa za grob, taxa za dvor, taxa za kokosarnik, taxa za majcina im putka i na Grujo i na site. When you add those taxes up you are fucked? Did you know you pay tax for the dead? Or you still think it's only 1600. A be deca, daj porasnete najubavo ke e

Comment

• Pelister
                              • Sep 2008

If the vast majority of Macedonian people don't want you negotiating their historical identity, are you not then obligated as their elected representative to stop negotiating ?
                              Last edited by Pelister; 01-19-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

Gruevski disregarding the Macedonian people.

A few months ago a poll was conducted about what Macedonians thought of the negotiations. In that poll over 90% of Macedonians were against any form of negotiation of our historical identity.

Does Gruevski have a mandate to negotiate? Has Gruevski ever explicity asked the Macedonian people whether they want him negotiating? The answer to both questions, has to be 'No'.

So the question I have is why is he negotiating?

Gruevski quoted as saying:

- I have presented him more details (on the matter), so that he may help if an opportunity pops up. Macedonia wishes a solution to be found for this problem, it is in its favor, and as thus far we shall do our best to come to a settlement that will unblock the process for the country's integration with the EURO-Atlantic institutions. We are ready to accept everybody's help, being however aware that the will of the two (involved) parties is the key to the (name row) settlement, Gruevski said at a joint press conference with his guest Pahor.
                                Why is Gruevski negotiating?

- I have presented him more details (on the matter), so that he may help if an opportunity pops up. Macedonia wishes a solution to be found for this problem, it is in its favor, and as thus far we shall do our best to come to a settlement that will unblock the process for the country's integration with the EURO-Atlantic institutions. We are ready to accept everybody's help, being however aware that the will of the two (involved) parties is the key to the (name row) settlement, Gruevski said at a joint press conference with his guest Pahor.
                                The UMD position is IDENTICAL.

Gruevski has his sites on joining the E.U and NATO and he is convinced that negotiating our historical identity is the ONLY way to get there. The Vice-President of UMD said EXACTLY the same thing in a letter recently.

Is it worth it?

Have the Macedonians been asked whether they want this?

What about the terms being put to the Macedonians ? Why hasn't there been ANY principled opposition to the terms put to the Macedonians by (the Greeks, the E.U and NATO) ? Why havn't the Macedonians rejected these terms on any of the hundreds of valid and justifiable grounds, such as our legal rights, our human rights and our political rights ?

The reason why none of them have defended this attack: GREED

Apparently joining the E.U will mean real estate prices in Macedonia will sky-rocket.

Gruevski is betraying the Macedonian people.
                                Last edited by Pelister; 01-19-2010, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X