X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    It would, but I think you're referring to his father or grandfather instead.
    Even if his father was born in Greece, it is likely that Kole would still be eligible for Greek citizenship. That is fairly standard across the world.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

I'm pretty sure it was Gruevski's grandfather that was born in Egej...

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Gruevski was born in Skopje. His father was born in Krušoradi, Lerinsko and moved to Skopje (along with Gruevski's grandmother) during the civil war in Greece. Gruevski's mother was the sister of Jordan Mijalkov.

When Gruevski was young, his parents divorced and Gruevski was raised by his mother and her brother (and his family)

Comment

• fyrOM
          Banned
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
          Gruevski was born in Skopje. His father was born in Krušoradi, Lerinsko and moved to Skopje (along with Gruevski's grandmother) during the civil war in Greece. Gruevski's mother was the sister of Jordan Mijalkov.

When Gruevski was young, his parents divorced and Gruevski was raised by his mother and her brother (and his family)
          Good Wiki Rogi…btw see post020 midway.

Comment

• Currency Trader
            • Sep 2009

PM Gruevski Speaks

Is Greece showing willingness to settle the dispute? Was any progress made?

.."our interlocutors still face a serious obstacle to accept that Macedonians live in this country who speak Macedonian. They are not even trying to hide this fact".

It is being rumoured that this year you are determined to solve the issue, that you have finally realised that there is no way out?

..."Since the beginning I wish a compromise to be found that would be acceptable for the citizens and that would be endorsed at a referendum. Understandably, it should be also acceptable for Greece. I hope this year the other party will show more real will to settle the dispute. It would not only unblock our EU and NATO integration processes, but it would pave the way for closer cooperation between both countries."

Will you present a proposal at the next meeting?

..."The problem is the will of the other party to take a small risk, to explain to its citizens that their neighbour is not their enemy and that everyone has the right to be called the way it wants to be called and to establish its own identity. Until different policies are run at home and in Europe, there will be no progress."

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I can't stand this political mumbo jumbo. The Greeks should bitch slap Gruevski and so should the Macedonians. He wants a compromise but he wants everyone to have the right to be called the way they want. What the?
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

More contradictive garbage and mixed signals by Gruevski, what an insult to the Macedonian people that he actually thinks they are so stupid as to be so easily duped.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Folks, the only thing that remains a major problem is the United States of America who are forcing this ethnic cleansing issue - total racists
                  SAY NEVER!
                  http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

This is insanity.

Here we have Gruevski admitting what his intentions have been all along. He has not only intended to change the name, but he is expecting the Macedonians to agree to a name change.

He is a first class traitor.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

If Gruevski had been at all serious from the outset, he would have vetoed all negotiations and said NO, we are Macedonia, we are Macedonians. Period.
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Basically caving in to greek demands.Gruevski holds a weak position where he is a willing participant to change the name.It's like the flag issue revisited but much worse.I don't think he fully comprehends the enourmity of what he is doing or just doesn;t care.If Gruevski doesn't change his stance he will go down as a traitor of the first order.He will try to dupe the macedonian population that what he has to do is right & hoodwink them to accept it.
                        Last edited by George S.; 01-19-2011, 05:44 AM. Reason: ed
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

everything has its price. His soul can be bought for Greek dollars. Macedonia does not have a strong selfless patriotic leader, who will lead his people, both governments are corrupt and hell-bent in destroying us, 130 countries acknowledge Macedonia, as Macedonia. Yet the games continue. When he retires in yankee doodie land with his offspring and watches the demise of the Republic being over run with shiptars, then hopefully he will be ostracised or some really pissed off Macedonian takes his life, then the dollars he pockets from selling out wont matter to him.
                          Gruevski and co will go down in Macedonian history, I agree, but not for the good of Macedonia, but for selling his soul and his people to the devil
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

Reading the whole interview, I don't get the sense of a sell out, in one part he indicates his dislike for any geographic determinant in our name, as for his idea of a compromise with Greece, I can only beleive at this point as it has often been put on the table before, it's a bilateral solution he seeks, not one in which the name Macedonia is effected internationally.. at least I hope I'm right

Will be watching carefully for any future developments

In the mean time pushing hard to make the people of Macedonia think about pulling out of these negotiations all together, just as MHRMI and AMHRC are currently doing by opening up the debate in Macedonian society, it's a good strategy for the diaspora in my opinion
                            Last edited by blackcactus; 01-19-2011, 07:16 AM.
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

As the words (Lyrics) goes by one of my all time favorite activist/singer Bono,

"How long.....How long must we sing this song"

Look guys, this is how it is. He is a politician. Unlike many other politicians, he actually fears backlash from the voters. Call him a man with no balls or call him wise. He is doing what citizens expect of him to do.

And what do the people want? EU Entry but not at a cost of changing our name or identity. Now has he broken any of these?

Yeh sure, we hear many times words such as compromise come out of his mouth. But thats all diplomacy jive knowing all to well, Greece would never come to it. It byes him more time in office. And if by miracle, Greece calls his bluff, he has plan B, which he then takes it to the people in a referendum and knows to well, its virtually insured it will not pass.

Before anyone asks me, "Why does he waist time negotiating when the situation is like flogging a dead horse"

Well apart from the reason its what the citizens want, i found a comment he made posted by Indigen interesting, where he was asked
                              "Did you have pressure to accept a solution in 2010"?

He replied, (Google translate)

Yes, at one time there was enormous pressure, perhaps the greatest ever. But it passed, and would not navrakjal it.
                              If it was any other person, he would have caved in long ago.

Originally posted by blackcactus
                              In the mean time pushing hard to make the people of Macedonia think about pulling out of these negotiations all together, just as MHRMI and AMHRC are currently doing by opening up the debate in Macedonian society, it's a good strategy for the diaspora in my opinion
                              The problem we (Diaspora) have, is both citizens and Government don't respect us as much as we hope. Its important we continue pushing hard (even though not many are listening) What we need to do to make them notice us, is on top of sending out messages, is hurt their pockets further. We got to be cruel to be kind. Can you imagine the threat to the economy if we all threatened never to go back until these negotiations end? Could you imagine if we told them if we wanted to go to a EU country to spend the same amount of money, Macedonia would not be on the top of our lists.

This is something i would promote "Ban visiting Macedonia" indefinitely till negotiations end and "Ban visiting Macedonia" permanently if its not Macedonia in Future.

Now regardless if Gruevski has No Balls or is wise, this tactic is applicable to either mentality he might have.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                                • Jan 2009

Good points bill

If Macedonia changes it's name (Highly unlikely) then I reckon there would be a great number of Macedonians in the Diaspora that will not visit there as much or even many will not return back at all...this is something that the Politicians need to think about aswell..
                                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
                                X