Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonska_Kafana
    • Aug 2010

Well, after looking at many of these responses the first word that comes to mind is hypocrites. First, it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to please everyone at the best of times. Next, PM Gruevski is faced with trying to be accountable for the actions of ALL the past 20 years. Was, the speech perfect? No. Would, most Macedonians feel he did a decent job under extreme pressure from the United Nations and Washington DC.? Yes

The, ONLY time you can please ever single person alive is when you're 6 feet under and that's even not 100% depending on the person next to you.

Lets, build on strengths not weaknesses.
    http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
      Well, after looking at many of these responses the first word that comes to mind is hypocrites. First, it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to please everyone at the best of times. Next, PM Gruevski is faced with trying to be accountable for the actions of ALL the past 20 years. Was, the speech perfect? No. Would, most Macedonians feel he did a decent job under extreme pressure from the United Nations and Washington DC.? Yes

The, ONLY time you can please ever single person alive is when you're 6 feet under and that's even not 100% depending on the person next to you.

I agree with you MK, It is impossible to please everyone.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
        I agree with you MK, It is impossible to please everyone.
        Those, seeking political perfection need medical assistance.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

MK,

Noone is seeking political perfection. I however, do seek minimum level of performance from politicians and one of those is protecting and exercising on behalf of the Macedonian people, their sovereign rights. One of the actions that falls under this minimum set of standards is the declaration (could have done it in his speech to the UN) of the Interim Accord as 'null and void', ending Greek oppression (and the name negotiations) in one foul swoop!
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
            Vangelovski is correct on the UN process and importanly the importanance the UN has in a States integration into the Global Community

But is a vote on the UN floor required. Maybe just maybe Cruevski is preparing us for it
            or am I just hoping
            Zarni,

Our name at the U.N would change EVERYTHING. There are many countries holding the Macedonian government hostage to our supposedly pending admission to the U.N. Austrailan recognition depends on what our name is at the U.N. The great tragedy is the Gruevski have forced countries to "hold off" while the Macedonians export with stupid pride the 'negotiations'. The great treachery is that we are not blocked. Vangalovski is right, that the Macedonian government only has to state it no longer wishes to be called FYROM, to each country. That could be enough. It could go the ICJ, to get a ruling to remind UN members of their obligations. It could put it to a vote on the floor, or it could simply get the 9 votes out of 15 in the Council. Either/or, it is done.

I am glad to see UMD changing its position. A part of me wants to help them, but it continues to be the little things, like lack of support of the end the negotiations campaign ...etc. It it just so hard to know what they are really thinking.
            Last edited by Pelister; 09-26-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana
              PM Gruevski is faced with trying to be accountable for the actions of ALL the past 20 years. Was, the speech perfect? No. Would, most Macedonians feel he did a decent job under extreme pressure from the United Nations and Washington DC.? Yes
              Those, seeking political perfection need medical assistance.
              MK, do you want to clarify what you mean by the above? Are you equating the pursuit of national integrity with political perfection? You seem to be making excuses for Gruevski without looking at the bigger picture. The guy has been in office since 2006, how much longer do we have to wait before he does the right thing by the Macedonian people and withdraws from the treacherous Interim Accord? How much longer do we have to wait before he corrects past mistakes, which, although not created by himself, have nevertheless been perpetuated during his whole time as PM?

I am glad that some of you feel all warm and tingly inside because he made such a speech at the UN. Meanwhile, he is still in negotiations over our identity with Greece. Tell me, do you also feel the same about his suggestion to gamble on our historical name by putting it up for a vote in a referendum? Do you agree with his manipulation of our historical symbols in Macedonia? Do you agree with his stance on the nameless statue? Do you agree with his stance on coalition with former terrorists who tried to destabilise Macedonia in 2001? Do you agree with him granting amnesty to terrorists from 2001? Do you agree with his subsequent stance of not granting an audience to grieving family members of Macedonian defenders who died during the conflict in 2001?

Or does a semi-patriotic speech at the UN counter all of that? Ask yourself what Macedonian 'patriotism' means to you. Is it about sticking to a set of principles and having the integrity to abide by them at all times? Or does it mean following the lead of Gruevski and his banana vision for Macedonia? You are one who often talks about 'one flag' (the proper one). Do you think that Gruevski even thinks about the flag issue? In the same speech, he just referred to the change of flags as an example of Macedonian "good will"!
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

The Macedonians have put themselves under pressure, no one else. The Macedonians created the 'negotiations'. It was Macedonians who decided to accept the acronym FYROM, take the issue out of the United Nations, and create a direct, bilateral 'negotiation' of our identity with our enemy. They have only themselves to blame. A simple letter telling countries they no longer want to be referred to as FYROM would probably be enough; they could go to the ICJ, they could put it to a vote, to two votes, to three votes. Israel was admitted on its third attempt.

If it is the Albanian threat that is causing all of this madness, they only have to invest in some traditional nation building projects to build up Christian Macedonian villages, and its all done.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                  The Macedonians have put themselves under pressure, no one else. The Macedonians created the 'negotiations'. It was Macedonians who decided to accept the acronym FYROM
                  100% factual statement Pavle

NOTE

Next, person that falsely claims Macedonia was FORCED to change flags should be sent to other websites aka the minors. The, change was done willingly folks .. cash transaction.
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

I, was directly involved in government (20 years) and can tell you almost everything that is done is with the majority of citizens approval. Blame? ... the citizens who allow it to happen.

Anyone, demonstrating since the UN speech other then in Athens?
                    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Anyone, demonstrating since the UN speech other then in Athens?
                      Many of them have bought the 'dream' that Gruevski is selling to them, so they probably agree with your sentiment that he "did a decent job under extreme pressure from the United Nations and Washington DC". What I don't understand is why people like yourself who should know better are making excuses for this clown? You don't live in Macedonia thus you're not subject to the daily spread of garbage and propaganda that they are. He makes one half decent (albeit tainted) statement and all of a sudden all of his other shortcomings are forgotten. Wake up Macedonians, wake up and start showing some consistency if you want to be taken seriously.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Many of them have bought the 'dream' that Gruevski is selling to them, so they probably agree with your sentiment that he "did a decent job under extreme pressure from the United Nations and Washington DC". What I don't understand is why people like yourself who should know better are making excuses for this clown? You don't live in Macedonia thus you're not subject to the daily spread of garbage and propaganda that they are. He makes one half decent (albeit tainted) statement and all of a sudden all of his other shortcomings are forgotten. Wake up Macedonians, wake up and start showing some consistency if you want to be taken seriously.
                        Bottom, line is unless the citizens of Macedonia wake up we can debate until Macedonia 2025. BTW, that number was not by some fluke or lucky draw.
                        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

MK,

Anyone that claims to be representing Macedonians needs to be thoroughly scrutinised, including the MTO Inc. I don't see why Gruevski is any different. SoM provides a very good list (though only a sample) of Gruevski's fundamental ideological and strategic mistakes, which if only affected him would be fine, but they affect all of us. Words, no matter how well they are crafted, are only words. His actions betray the few good things he has said. But that is yet another issue, most of what Gruevski has said is an outright admission that he is willing to change Macedonia's name!
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            MK,

Anyone that claims to be representing Macedonians needs to be thoroughly scrutinised, including the MTO Inc. I don't see why Gruevski is any different. SoM provides a very good list (though only a sample) of Gruevski's fundamental ideological and strategic mistakes, which if only affected him would be fine, but they affect all of us. Words, no matter how well they are crafted, are only words. His actions betray the few good things he has said. But that is yet another issue, most of what Gruevski has said is an outright admission that he is willing to change Macedonia's name!
                            Tom, the only way anything will change in Macedonia is if .. big if, the Macedonian citizens take action not anyone living in diaspora countries.

Lui Temelkovski - Macedonia should go on the offensive - YouTube

Listen, to the reference made about many of the citizens ..
                            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Gruevski failed his people by suggesting the name of Macedonians could be changed if a referendum went through favouring a change. It would be nice to have a leader who performs at a minimum level of functionality which includes demanding we sit at the table as equals. I'm surprised at what many people are willing to accept on such important matters.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                Gruevski failed his people by suggesting the name of Macedonians could be changed if a referendum went through favouring a change. It would be nice to have a leader who performs at a minimum level of functionality which includes demanding we sit at the table as equals. I'm surprised at what many people are willing to accept on such important matters.
                                How, would that be possible? if a referendum went through favouring a change? Macedonians, would be divided like never before and at that point I guess the battle is lost forever.

First, even the citizens don't have the right to change my history let alone any government.
                                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X