Macedonian language in Greece has a stable future!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian language in Greece has a stable future!

Professor of South Slavic languages Christian Fos in an interview with Deutsche Welle provides an optimistic future for the Macedonian language in Greece: Macedonian youth reappears interest in their mother tongue.

Today the Slavic dialects spoken in Greece are spoken in greater part of the country, from Kostur in the western part of Greece, to the Kavala area in the eastern part of the country.
    This is the area that today is called Greek Macedonia. Here live some 200,000 people with Slavic origin, but only a small proportion of these people speak the Macedonian language as mother tongue, "said for Deutsche Welle the professor of South Slavic languages and cultural studies at the University HUMBOLDT in Berlin Christian Fos:

"In past centuries, specifically from 1913, when these areas were integrated into the Greek state, was also carried out a more or less repressive assimilation. Merging of the population lead to the parents to talk with their children only in Greek. For most of those Macedonians their language in Greece since at that time became extinct. "

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot
  • Silver
    • Sep 2009

Nice post Brat, just waiting for the conspiracists to get here if you know what I mean...
    Last edited by Silver; 02-26-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Chrisian Fos would be an interesting person to speak with.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
      X