Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Macedonia to take over Council of Europe under "Macedonian Chairmanship 2010"

Expect Greek Reactions

Monday, 12 April 2010

"Macedonian Chairmanship 2010" is the name under which Macedonia will preside over the Council of Europe (CoE) Committee of Ministers as of May 2010, Minister of Foreign Affairs Antonio Milososki informed Monday after meeting with CoE Secretary General Thorbjřrn Jagland, who is paying a two-day visit to Macedonia.

It was noted that the Council of Europe will respect the position of Macedonia's Government the term "Macedonian Chairmanship 2010" to be in English translation.

According to FM Milososki, reactions from Greece are expected.

- Macedonia's six-month chairmanship of the CoE Committee of Ministers will be recognisable for the reforms, priorities, conferences and achievements. We can do this together with other member countries, including Greece, Milososki stated amongst other things. He said he was convinced that if both countries - Macedonia and Greece - acted in a pragmatic fashion, Macedonia would be able through its CoE chairmanship to demonstrate that the region of SEE could increasingly contribute to CoE priorities.

- I'm not in charge of permitting someone to use this or that name. I have to stick to the decisions reached by the organisation I am heading, said Jagland. When asked why he kept avoiding to say the name of the country - Macedonia, and whether it was hard to pronounce "Macedonian chairmanship", CoE chief Jagland responded: "Yes and no".

- I'm aware of the sensitivity of this issue. I hope that it will not overshadow other very important issues that need to be raised in the Council of Europe, Jagland said.

The rule of law, raising the level of instruments for implementation of decisions related to human rights, social inclusion of all marginalised groups in several European countries, stirring debate on their social, religious, ethnic or political diversities and launching processes for greater inclusion of the younger generation in social and political trends in democratic societies, in all CoE member countries with a focus on the issue of Roma people. These are the priorities of Macedonia in the course of its chairmanship of the CoE Committee of Ministers, due to be taken over from Switzerland.

CoE chief Thorbjřrn Jagland stressed that Macedonia in "this exceptionally important period" would chair with CoE successfully, taking into account "the credibility of the country based on its ongoing reforms".

He said Macedonia would hold the chairmanship in a key period - the third stage of CoE development, which kicks off with the enforcement of the Lisbon Treaty. The Council of Europe has undergone two important phases of its development - in 1949 when the organisation was established and the European Convention on Human Rights was adopted. The second stage started after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

In addition to meeting with FM Milososki, Thorbjřrn Jagland in Skopje will meet with President Gjorge Ivanov, PM Nikola Gruevski and Parliament Speaker Trajko Veljanoski as well. The CoE Secretary General is also scheduled to deliver a lecture at the faculty of law within the Skopje University.

Macedonia's readiness to take over the chairmanship of the oldest international organisation in Europe will be underlined at the meetings. Focus will be put as well on political issues that are expected to be the focal point during the chairmanship, both of Macedonia and CoE's interest.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

Macedonia takes over chairmanship of the Council of Europe

Bravo!!!!!

The Republic of Macedonia Tuesday takes over the Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe. Macedonia will take over the chairmanship from Switzerland for the next six months and will hand over to Turkey on November.

Macedonian Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe will be officially presented Tuesday in Strasbourg at the 120th session, media reports.

Micheline Calmy-Rey, Head of Switzerland's Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, will chair the official session informing the ministers and officials of CoE member states on realised activities in the past six months, and FM Antonio Milososki will present the priorities of his country’s programme.

Milososki will symbolically rap of the gavel, which will officially mark handing over of the chairmanship.

The Committee of Ministers accepted the logo and naming of “Macedonian Chairmanship 2010” as it was proposed in the official document submitted by the Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on priorities of the Macedonian presiding over the Committee of Ministers. The document was followed by cover page at which provisional reference of the country is found in accordance with the UN Security Council Resolution 817 from 1993.

Around of 20 ministers of the CoE ministers are expected to participate at the 120th session among whom is Swedish FM Carl Bildt, Turkish FM Ahmet Davutoglu, Serbian FM Vuk Jeremic and Greek alternate FM Dimitris Droutsas.

Milososki organised dinner for Balkan foreign ministers late Monday in Strasbourg. Foreign ministers of Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro, Vuk Jeremic, Sven Alkalaj and Milan Roken respectively, as well as Croatian state secretary for political affairs Davor Bozinovic and Milososki discussed about intensification of regional cooperation within the frames of the activities of the Council of Europe.

An exhibition of the Macedonian artist Robert Jankuloski entitled “Shared Temples” will be opened at CoE headquarters in Strasbourg on the occasion of the Macedonian Chairmanship over the Council of Europe.

Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Council of Europe - Which Presidency?

Macedonian new reports suggest that its the "Macedonian Chairmanship". The Council of Europe webside shows something else:

http://www.coe.int/t/dc/files/presid...default_en.asp
      Last edited by Vangelovski; 05-11-2010, 09:13 PM.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Tom
        No surprise mate, this will not change unless we change it in the eyes of the international community. When I say we I mean the diaspora for we are the only ones not under political pressure to have to conform to the demands of the racists. We need to commence legal proceedings at UN level to have our name instilled immediately on an international level under international law, it's obvious thegovernment of ROM is tied to agreements they have signed and they are incapable or incompetent - either way it falls back into our laps if we do not accept the current situation. We the diaspora need to do this as a priority without delay at whatever cost it takes. ANYBODY NOT IN AGREEANCE OR NOT WILLING TO SUPPORT OR BECOME INVOLVED IN THIS NEEDS TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ASK THEMSELVES WHAT SORT OF MACEDONIAN THEY ARE!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, We are recognized as FYROM in the European Council however the name of the Presidency is called Macedonian Chairmanship as it states behind Milososki in his interview. Why do you think the Greeks are protesting for? If it was good for them there would be nothing to argue about.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Vangelovski, We are recognized as FYROM in the European Council however the name of the Presidency is called Macedonian Chairmanship as it states behind Milososki in his interview. Why do you think the Greeks are protesting for? If it was good for them there would be nothing to argue about.

http://www.sitel.com.mk/video/makedo...ni-no-badijala
            Prolet, I see where this thread is headed. Tell us more about what you think.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
              • Sep 2008

apparently that was the 'compromise', being called FYROM but under Macedonian Chairmanship...
              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Volk, the point is, I can't find the term "Macedonian Chairmanship" anywhere, other than where Milososki himself refers to it. All the CoE documentation is worded in order to avoid stating the term "Macedonian Chairmanship" and refers only to FYROM.

Comment

• Mikail
                  • Sep 2008

Let's see where this get us/them
                  From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Volk, What exactly do you mean? In all leading organizations we are called FYROM from the UN to Nato,EU to the council of Europe i guess this is a small victory for us and now we need to start pushing for name recognition from all the European Council Members.

Vangelovski, I'm disappointed to see FYROM written anywhere and lets hope that we can use this presidency in order to gain respect of its members which will ultimately lead to name recognition, this is a good opportunity for us.

Vangelovski, Im happy with the fact that we're getting alot of exposure out of this, the fact that CNN is filming in Stari Kraj and telling the world about our country, it will raise awareness to the rest of the world about who we are and where we come from, that in itself i think is a good thing.

Comment

• Volk
                      • Sep 2008

FYROM is everywhere, Macedonian Chairmanship is referred by Macedonia and promoted my Macedonian distributed material. Pretty pathetic really, point taken Tom... I guess its better than nothing...

On another note, it seems to be used by the local media as a strong sign that we are not losing the name battle which is a good sign for the population not to waver.

In all leading organizations we are called FYROM from the UN to Nato,EU to the council of Europe
                      Fuck them all
                      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                        FYROM is everywhere, Macedonian Chairmanship is referred by Macedonia and promoted my Macedonian distributed material. Pretty pathetic really, point taken Tom... I guess its better than nothing...

On another note, it seems to be used by the local media as a strong sign that we are not losing the name battle which is a good sign for the population not to waver.

Fuck them all
                        And then some.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Silver
                          • Sep 2009

I plan to send them an email regarding this crap. I know it's not much, and I know I can't change the fact that the Euro's either tolerate rascism and fascism or they have no ability to cope with trying to change one of their own. How long can a member of the EU openly practice fascism and claiming ethnic purity at the expense of all else?

The EU is nothing but a mirage. I hope we never give in to these rats and their slavic migration nonsense.

What are Macedonian organizations doing about this? Anything?
                          Last edited by Silver; 05-12-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                            What are Macedonian organizations doing about this? Anything?
                            Some are congratulating them and throwing their full support behind them and advising that the Macedonians of the Diaspora and the Republic have full faith in them.

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) congratulated the Republic of Macedonia today for the start of the Macedonian Chairmanship of the Council of Europe´s (CoE) Committee of Ministers. UMD wished Macedonia´s Foreign Minister Antonio Miloshoski success in chairing the CoE´s Committee of Ministers.

Macedonia´s Foreign Minister Miloshoski announced today in Strasbourg, France the priorities of his country´s program, focusing on the following areas: strengthening human rights protection; fostering integration while respecting diversity; and promoting youth participation. The Macedonian Chairmanship 2010 presents an opportunity to enhance the Council of Europe´s standing in the international community, and highlight contributions it has made towards strengthening Europe´s legal standards, human rights, democratic development, the rule of law and cultural co-operation.

"This is an historic day for Macedonia and the Macedonian people, taking over the chairmanship of the oldest pan-European organization" stated UMD Chairman of the Board and Vice President Aleksandar Mitreski. "The Macedonian Diaspora stands firmly behind Macedonia´s goals of strengthening the Council of Europe and positioning it as a leader in human rights protection, fostering integration while respecting diversity, and youth participation."

"The Council of Europe, through its institutions such as the European Court of Human Rights, and the Commissioner for Human Rights, has become a respected organization among Macedonians living throughout Southeast Europe and the world," added Mitreski. "Today, Macedonians are proud to continuously contribute to the success of the Council of Europe, and hope that human rights for all citizens, and especially for Macedonians, will be respected in every country in Europe."

Founded in 1949, the Council of Europe, one of the oldest international organizations, has 47 member states representing close to 800 million citizens. The Foreign Affairs Ministers of Council of Europe member states hold the chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers, the executive body of the organization, on a rotating basis in alphabetical order, for a six-month term. The Macedonian Chairmanship 2010 will last till mid-November.
                            The Council of Europe sounds like a big lollypop ... so sweet I want to lick it.

A side note .... I stand for changing many of the Council of Europe's existing positions in relation to Macedonia. Including what it calls us. And if Miloshoski had any decency in his Bulgar loving blood, he would stand down until they have the decency to call Macedonia by its proper name. Human Rights my arse!
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

"Macedonian Chairmanship" who are disrespected ad infinium by the organisation they apparently 'chair'. It's all a charade. Human Rights don't stand a chance against this sort of racist hypocrisy, which is combined with the weaklings from our end in the government.

How these people walk in to meetings and functions with the acronym plastered everywhere amazes me, kako ne vie sram? Ne se pocituvate sami? The Macedonian government should walk from any sort of event that wishes to represent them by the acronym, but no, nashive ushte mu se pikaat.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X