Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volokin
    • Apr 2014

A census should be very high up the list of things to complete, to provide an accurate figure on the Republic of Macedonia and it's people, if it can be done accurately.

Comment

• Mad Mak
      • May 2015

Results of the 2002 census in Macedonia :
      Total population : 2.022.547
      Macedonians : 1.297.981 (64,2%)
      Albanians : 509.083 (25,2%)
      Others : (10.6%)

Last year, 20 562 citizens left the country, in the last fifteen years, it is estimated that the number of macedonians (citizens) who emigrated exceeded 600 000.

The demographic and economic disaster is ineluctable.
      Last edited by Mad Mak; 02-22-2016, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mad Mak View Post

Last year, 20 562 citizens left the country, in the last fifteen years, it is estimated that the number of macedonians who emigrated exceeded 600 000.

Mad Mak,

Do you have a link for the estimate of 600,000 emigrants? It would help me with something if you do...

Thanks
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Mad Mak View Post

Last year, 20 562 citizens left the country, in the last fifteen years, it is estimated that the number of macedonians who emigrated exceeded 600 000.

600,000 over 15 years would put emigration at 40,000 per year, which is nearly double last years numbers, every year for the last 15 years. Also the 20,000 from last year is citizens of Macedonia which includes all ethnic and religious groups, not just Macedonians, so again it seems unlikely that 600,000 Macedonians alone, have left in the last 15 years. Just as many, if not more Albanians are emigrating out of Macedonia. A more realistic estimate would be 300,000 citizens over 15 years, of which at most 200,000 are Macedonian and 100,000 being others or mostly Albanian.

A big caveat in the emigration problem is that although more Albanians are leaving than Macedonian, Albanians mostly go to European countries, and are more likely to return, or visit their homes regularly. On the flip side, Macedonians today go to either Australia or the USA, and at best return once every few years for a vacation, many dont return at all, or very infrequently.

The reason the former is significant is actually quite obvious if you take a drive through Macedonia's Macedonian and Albanian villages. What you will notice is that the Albanian villages have brand new modern homes, there is still youth growing up, and there is an entrepreneurial spirit present with the capital to back it up. Go through the Macedonian villages and you will find a hand full of older folks who are basically waiting for their turn to visit the pearly gates. The homes are old and collapsing, you cant find a kid in sight.

I think in the coming decades we will see a large influx of Albanians returning to Macedonia, cash in hand ready to invest in a future there. That will be the final nail i the coffin for a Macedonian Macedonia. As Macedonians we are more than happy to integrate into western society, without looking back. During communism times people emigrated in big numbers, but it was for a "pechalba", many came back, now its definitely a one way ticket.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            During communism times people emigrated in big numbers, but it was for a "pechalba", many came back, now its definitely a one way ticket.
            I think the same thing will happen with ethnic Albanians eventually. Particularly if more pursue education.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

VO CENTAR Koj se plasi od popis vo Makedonija!? (Vasko Eftov)

"The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

Working...
              X