X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Constellation
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
    Do you think, do you think? What is there to think about, my guess is as good as anyone else’s which is only a guess… until the tomb has been entered. I haven’t wasted a thought on it, who knows what is in the tomb. I still think there is still a chance that the tomb may have already been looted.

If troy really did happen what did the victors do? If Greeks did exist BC what have they been doing all this time why hasn’t any other tombs of this size been found. If Greece had existed for over 2000 years I would expect stone buildings right across Greece from sea to sea.

How many Greek kings and Heroes have passed, what is to be shown of their feats? How many impressive tombs have been found within modern Greece.

I would expect the most visited to be Achilles tomb?

Wasn’t Achilles cremated, dusted into a jar and buried under a mound of dirt in Persia. He may not have been a king; he is what you Greeks claim to be your greatest hero, no tomb?

How come there are no other tombs of a significant size in Greece, don’t you Greeks boast about your many kings and heroes, where are their tombs?

Isn’t a Greek King worthy enough?

Did the Archaic people think very little of their rulers?

I don’t understand how it has been labeled the “biggest tomb found in Greece,”

Can you compare this tomb to anything in Greece?

Can you find me an example of that stone work anywhere else?

Where is the biggest tomb in Greece? How big is it?

Amongst all the negativity and deceit you throw at the Macedonian people, many misinformed Greeks claim that ancient Greece existed and that the Macedonians were Barbarians in comparison to the Greeks.

The biggest tomb found in south Eastern Europe was found in Macedonia not Greece.

What do you think will be found within the tomb Con?

I haven’t given it a great amount of thought such as you have; I think there could be a chance of many different inscriptions engraved on funerary gifts.

When I first heard about the tomb, I was entertaining myself with a silly thought that there may be many copies of books that were within the library of Alexandria.

Con, you made a thread on Eupedia, you must be interested in the DNA samples that will be take from the bodies.

What if it is Alexander’s wife Roxanne is buried under there; I wonder what her people looked like BC. The Muslims and the Mongols would have had a strong impact on the genetics within the area, what did these people look like before the Mongols and Muslims, interesting.
    I think you make fine points Redsun. For the record, I am not a Greek. I think I have stated this too many times on this forum. If I was a Greek, I would openly state it.

Nevertheless, you raise a lot of good questions.

My impression is that whatever is publicly released to the media will only be filtered and pre-approved information. The public will never know the full scope of what is discovered, and I would not be surprised if there is a "Greek" spin to the discovery.

If only this tomb can be examined by a team of international experts and be documented unedited. Maybe we will learn more about our history.

It would be most interesting if a preserved body or two is discovered. What can science tell us about these bodies? Who were they? What did they look like?

Most interesting.

Comment

• Redsun
      • Jul 2013

I apologize for calling you a Greek.

Yes, very interesting, I enjoy reading news on recent archeological discoveries from any ancient time and any nation.

There are many things to be discussed, we could only speculate. I cannot see a reason to further discuss it, what can be discussed concerning the tomb at this time is merely speculation.

It has been reported that the tomb will be entered at the end of this month, there is only six more days to go, that is if they can meet their set deadline.

No need to get anxious.

Comment

• Redsun
        • Jul 2013

Another report, news.com. August 24, 2014 12:24PM

“There is no other such tomb in Greece, or the Balkans,” she said. “We are struggling to do a correct job, and some time is necessary, maybe another month. Today we’re removing stone blocks and digging. We’re not many, but we’re good.”

“There is no other such tomb in Greece, or the Balkans,”
        “Maybe another month?”
        “We’re not many, but we’re good.”

How good? How much experience has she had with newly discovered tombs, so good that she thought they would be in the tomb by the end of the month but now say that it will take another month?
        A period of a month’s difference… what an expert. Bullshit.

“Pieces of the sphinx’s wings were found at the site, allowing for a full restoration,” the Greek Ministry of Culture said.

Where are the heads of the sphinxes???

Katerina Peristeri - “It’s difficult for such a grave to have been plundered,”
        Later on the same page - The tomb was demolished by the occupying Roman army and some of its stones used to stabilise a nearby river bank. This has made the structure itself unstable.

I don’t understand “the tomb was demolished” these two, in away contradict one another don’t they?

Ground-sensing geophysical teams have identified there are three main rooms within the huge circular structure.
        But entering the tomb is no easy task.
        An unstable nearby stone wall, built in the centuries after the tomb was first formed, will be removed to ensure the safety of excavators.
        Diggers are preparing for the worst: It is possible much of the roof has already collapsed, filling the rooms with dirt and rubble.
        If this is in fact the case, excavations will have to proceed very slowly and carefully to locate and preserve fragmented grave offerings.

Preparing for the worst under the possibility that if the roof hasn’t collapsed it may, you’re kidding me right. Why can’t you just remove the tones of dirt above the tomb, which will remove that risk all together, simple logic. Geophysicists have located the three rooms which minimizes the land they would have to move above these rooms. Instead what do they do? They remove an unstable stonewall of the tomb… that will surely make things safe.

Katerina Peristeri“We are struggling to do a correct job, and some time is necessary, maybe another month.

Struggling to do a correct job, why? Do you need international help? Whats preventing you?
        Last edited by Redsun; 08-24-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

New photos released today

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

from today:

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Yet to see any writing on the walls.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                That symbol (the centre of the sonce) appears many times on its own without the rays. I've always had a theory that perhaps the ancients used that as their symbol and the rays were merely there to highlight it - just as one would bold or underline a word.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• sydney
                  • Sep 2008

Who's to say they haven't been in the back door already (we know Greeks like the back door), considering works have started over a year ago?

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    That symbol (the centre of the sonce) appears many times on its own without the rays. I've always had a theory that perhaps the ancients used that as their symbol and the rays were merely there to highlight it - just as one would bold or underline a word.
                    Good observation. Many Macedonians think it is the flower of the zdravec (see photo below)

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                      Good observation. Many Macedonians think it is the flower of the zdravec (see photo below)

I've heard of the zdravec but this is the first time I've actually seen one.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        I've heard of the zdravec but this is the first time I've actually seen one.
                        Legend has it that Macedonia's landscape was filled with many rare flowers, one of which was used to make a medicine for healing wounds. Possibly the zdravec?

That's in interesting theory mate, I never thought of it that way. But later on after antiquity, the sonce seems to remain without the flower in many cases.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                          Who's to say they haven't been in the back door already (we know Greeks like the back door), considering works have started over a year ago?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz2dQGuT2pK
                          100% they have. Destroying anything that doesn't suit them

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                            Legend has it that Macedonia's landscape was filled with many rare flowers, one of which was used to make a medicine for healing wounds. Possibly the zdravec?

That's in interesting theory mate, I never thought of it that way. But later on after antiquity, the sonce seems to remain without the flower in many cases.
                            Its possible that the original symbol (if it was the zdravec) was forgotten and then the centre was stylized into a gold disc.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                              • Aug 2014

Let the fabrication begin...

I bet they will address the issue that there's only Greek archaeologists working on the excavation then hire a bunch of random archaeologists (who aren't known to have discovered anything previously) and just pay them off.

If they are addressing the issue, why not hire British, Italian and Macedonian archaeologists to seal the deal on any questioning?

Who agree's that we should create a petition to ensure the validity of what may be the most important archaeological find in history? Lets nominate specific archaeologists we can trust to be taken aboard too.
                              Last edited by Nikolaj; 08-26-2014, 04:44 AM. Reason: added

Comment

• Constellation
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                                Let the fabrication begin...

I bet they will address the issue that there's only Greek archaeologists working on the excavation then hire a bunch of random archaeologists (who aren't known to have discovered anything previously) and just pay them off.

If they are addressing the issue, why not hire British, Italian and Macedonian archaeologists to seal the deal on any questioning?

Who agree's that we should create a petition to ensure the validity of what may be the most important archaeological find in history? Lets nominate specific archaeologists we can trust to be taken aboard too.
                                A bit naive. This is not a democracy. We cannot petition a foreign country, and a foreign academy, to allow in an international team of archaeologists.

We are at the mercy of the Greek state.

Comment

Working...
                                X