Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraganOfStip
    • Aug 2011

Mirsad Ndrecaj,a.k.a. "commander NATO" is positively identified as one of the killed terrorists:

”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• Volokin
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      The crap coming from Bulgarian officials' mouth is bothersome, though expected. They are already acting like a full scale war is about to happen. What...the Bulgarian army needs to be at the border in case Albanian terrorists attack Bulgaria? or to swoop in and "save" Macedonia like they did in WW1 and ww2?

http://www.focus-fen.net/news/2015/0...orsens-pm.html
      I actually find it sort of funny how obviously condescending the Bulgarians are towards the Macedonian state, yet Macedonia sees it as "good neighborly relations".

What a fucked up region we come from.

Comment

• Volokin
        • Apr 2014

I believe that the events in Kumanovo and Gosince are rather Albanian groups taking advantage of Macedonia being destabilized, than direct US involvement through their surrogate groups.

I do believe though that the situation within Macedonian internally, is being influenced by certain external factors.

Macedonia now, needs a strong leader, that will see through propaganda and lies, and sort this out professionally.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Have a look at the cunning Kosovo bastards. While they try to manipulate the situation to their favour....nije samite ocite se vadvame.

Daniel Serwer:

Daniel Serwer is a Senior Research Professor of Conflict Management, and a Senior Fellow at the Center for Transatlantic Relations, at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. Wikipedia

Uneasy Kosovo, and Macedonia
          Posted in Daniel Serwer - May 13, 2015 - 0 Comment
          Kosova Sot, a Pristina daily, asked me some questions last week and published the answers today. My responses are below (1-18), but then Sunday they sent me an additional question, about Macedonia, which appears first here:

Q: In the meantime armed conflicts occurred in Kumanovo in Macedonia where there were policemen killed, civilians and gunmen. Do you think the situation in Macedonia will escalate? Did Macedonia failed to be a state for all citizens, because Albanians are the nation’s largest after the Macedonians in this country?

A: I think it is too early to speculate on the precise political origins and objectives of the group involved in this incident. But one thing is clear to me: those who challenge state structures in the Balkans today have no justification. The states potentially involved–not only Macedonia but also Kosovo, Serbia, Albania and Bosnia–will need to be prepared to protect themselves from those who intend to use violence to achieve political ends. I’ve got nothing but sympathy for the state security officials called upon to suppress rebellion, so long as they do so in strict observance of the rule of law.

Macedonia is having a hard time. All its citizens need to reflect on how it can begin to move forward on its Euro-Atlantic ambitions. Visible motion in the direction of joining NATO and the EU would do wonders for the country’s internal stability.

http://www.peacefare.net/?cat=101
          Great response Daniel Serwer
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• DedoAleko
            • Jun 2009

You should see this video: LIVE EC Midday press briefing of 12/05/2015

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
              OMG
              BINGO

who was the journalist that asked the EU that question

EU statement in not condemning their EU country Kosovo against 50 plus group of terrorists against Macedonia, instead, focussing on political and economic climate ??

As journalist beautifully said to "EU" when the Charlie Hedbo attacks occured in France, the terrorist attack was condemned, not the financial and political climate of France

BINGO

why is this not being condemned ....
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Authorities in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia have identified five men they say are leaders of an armed group planning to carry out imminent attacks.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Spirit
                  • May 2015

Hi All
                  New to the forum, long time lurker
                  My wife came to Australia just over a year ago from Bitola
                  She is not surprised as to what has transpired in Macedonia the last few days and has repeatedly told me over the past year that something like this was going to happen

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                    Hi All
                    New to the forum, long time lurker
                    My wife came to Australia just over a year ago from Bitola
                    She is not surprised as to what has transpired in Macedonia the last few days and has repeatedly told me over the past year that something like this was going to happen
                    Welcome to the forum Spirit. What led her to come to this conclusion? Aside from the obvious which we see and read, is there any further insight you can share on her behalf given that she is from Macedonia?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

welcome Spirit, and yes please do let us have your wife's insight

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                        • Jan 2009

In neighbouring Kosovo, the leftist nationalist opposition Vetevendosje, [Self determination] movement urged Macedonian Albanians to join anti-government protests in Skopje, saying the Prime Minister was directing "police terror against Albanians" in the country.

"Gruevski will fall in Skopje, not in the neighborhoods and villages of Kumanovo," the movement said.

Normality was returning to the northern town of Kumanovo on Monday after gun battles between police and a shadowy armed formation claimed eight police lives and turned it into a war zone.

The shiptars still think they are the victims in this, when in fact it was terrorists (who where all ablanian) that attacked and killed macedonian AND albanian policemen lol.
                        What odd people

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                          • Jan 2009

Some opponents of the government, including the opposition Social Democrat leader, Zoran Zaev, have voiced suspicion that the authorities may be attempting to distract the public from the crisis - and from further planned mass protests - by orchestrating ethnic unrest.

James Ker-Lindsay, a British expert on Southeast Europe at the London School of Economics, said the timing of the latest violence raised obvious questions.

"The timing just seems too suspicious. Questions are being asked as to whether the government has somehow orchestrated this in order to divert attention away from the growing scandal," he said.

"Such views cannot be easily dismissed as Balkan conspiracy theorising. Given the evidence of serious wrongdoing by the government, many people believe the administration is more than capable of staging a terrorist attack in order to stay in power," he told Matisak's Blog.

Since February, the opposition has been releasing taped conversations that appear to show that the government has been involved in a wide range of misdeeds and political tricks, including electoral fraud, abuse of the justice system and covering up for the murder of a young man by a police officer.

Large anti-government protests that took place last week before the shootout saw the country’s various ethnic communities coming out onto the streets to demonstrate together.

Protesters at several occasions tied Macedonian, Albanian, Serbian and Turkish flags together to show their solidarity and unity.

Normality was returning to the northern town of Kumanovo on Monday after gun battles between police and a shadowy armed formation claimed eight police lives and turned it into a war zone.

Its not just albanians and SDSM supporters that think it was a Gruevski plot to create these events. Some "political experts" and even American and EU politicians think it was a plot planned by Gruevski too.

More proof that the west has been supporting the shiptars?

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

Bulgaria has sent soldiers to its border with Macedonia, where a political crisis is brewing after the deaths of 22 people last weekend.

Bulgaria sends army to Macedonia border

Bulgaria has sent soldiers to its border with Macedonia, where a political crisis is brewing after violence which claimed 22 lives last weekend, Bulgarian PM Boiko Borisov told parliament on Wednesday (13 May).
                            The measure is meant to stop a possible wave of refugees from the smaller south-western neighbour with which Bulgaria shares centuries of dramatic history and still has unresolved issues.

The troops are also preparing to prevent potential terrorist attacks, Borisov said.
                            “The military are at the border, they are preparing [weapon] emplacements in case, God forbid, things in Macedonia worsen,” he said.

A police raid in the northern Macedonian town of Kumanovo over the weekend resulted in the deaths of 14 ethnic Albanians and eight policemen.

The government of Macedonia’s embattled prime minister Nikola Gruevski said it had encountered terrorists who penetrated from a neighbouring state in an attempt to destabilise the country.

Meanwhile, Gruevski’s interior minister Gordana Jankulovska and security service chief Saso Mijalkovski quit Wednesday because of mounting allegations of illegal wiretapping and intimidation of media.

Borisov said Bulgaria feared turmoil and an ensuing humanitarian crisis in Macedonia, a third of whose 2 million people are ethnic Albanian.

The fragile peace in the country rests on a 2001 accord between the Slavic-speaking majority and the ethnic Albanians which ended an armed conflict between government forces and Albanian guerrillas.

Bulgaria is ready to accept some 90,000 Macedonian citizens who hold Bulgarian passports, Borisov said. But he indicated that beefing up border security is meant to contain a potential surge of refugees.

“Those who hold Bulgarian passports … may come to Bulgaria but we should also get ready for a humanitarian crisis”, Borisov said.

He said the army and a special anti-terrorist unit are engaged in joint exercises to hunt terrorists in the mountainous border area.

Bulgarians view Macedonians as their ethnic kin and consider the latter’s language a strain of Bulgarian. Both peoples use the Cyrillic alphabet and understand each other without an interpreter.

But Gruevski has done little to heed EU recommendations to stop anti-Bulgarian rhetoric in politics and media, which the EU commission has repeatedly described as being tightly controlled by his government.

Talks with Bulgaria on a bilateral treaty on good neighbourly relations have ground to a halt as Macedonia’s crisis deepened in recent months.

Bulgaria wants the treaty to solve bilateral problems, such as Skopje's call to recognise a “Macedonian minority” in Bulgaria and questions over the rights of Bulgarians in Macedonia.

Sofia is conditioning its possible consent to opening EU accession talks with Macedonia on the latter’s signing of such a treaty.

Meanwhile, Greece has been blocking the opening of EU talks for the past five years.

Athens wants Macedonia to change its name, which coincides with the name of a northern Greek province and which, Athens says, implies a territorial claim.

Regardless of its six year-old recommendation for the EU to open accession talks with Macedonia, the commission has repeatedly criticised it for insufficient progress on rule of law and respect of fundamental rights, as well as lack of improvement in relations with neighbours.

Are these Bulgar vultures also seeing this as an oppourtunity to attack?
                            I face palmed at a number of parts of this article.
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Spirit
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by julie View Post
                              welcome Spirit, and yes please do let us have your wife's insight
                              Thanks for the welcome both SoM and Julie
                              She is convinced that there are larger forces at play and that it involves the Turkish pipe stream.
                              I'll give you all a bit of background about my wife, she is half Serbian half Macedonian, her father was a general in the old Yugoslav army and was posted in Bitola where he met her mother, my wife is born, bred, raised in Bitola and lived there for her all her 42 years of her life until she moved here to Australia just over a year ago, we met in 2012 when I went back to Macedonia (my first visit back since I was 5 years old in 1977)
                              My wife speaks 5 languages fluently, has bachelors degrees in both economics and computer IT that are recognised worldwide yet in Macedonia could not utilise these degrees and get a job in her chosen fields of qualification as she chose not to utilise vrski or align herself with either of the major poltical parties. She is highly intelligent academically yet also very street smart and in order to survive she tutored primary/ high school children in English and mathematics (she had a large number of clientele and is highly regarded and well known in Bitola)
                              Yet within 4 weeks of arriving in Australia she got a managers position in one of the largest department stores in the country.
                              She has great insights into the level of corruption and as she says to me it's different when what you read or see in the media is vastly different to what she has seen with her own eyes

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

From a Bulgarian MP General: There's no point for the Bulgarian Army to be on the border with Macedonia.

“I am not in charge of commanding the army. If you wish to know my opinion on whether there is point in the army being at the border, I personally think there is not. I am neither a commander, nor Chief of Defence to say it [has to be] at the border,“ said MP General Miho Mihov, speaking before journalists after a sitting of the parliamentary Defence Committee, FOCUS News Agency reported.
                                Mihov was explicit in his view there were no reasons for the army to be at the border with Macedonia.
                                “The lawmakers discussed the political situation in Macedonia in terms of crisis and military and political dimensions. We held internal talks. We did not listen to any experts. The Committee is a legislative body and can put forward recommendations, if asked. Yet its members need to be ready for more decisive moments when necessary. I do not expect such decisive moments for now,“ General Mihov stated.
                                According to him, there is no point in the Bulgarian army being at the border as there are no threats to Bulgaria’s security.

I agree -- there's no point.

Comment

Working...
                                X