Macedonian Truth Forum

Macedonian Truth Forum (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Albanianization in Macedonia (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4837)

Volokin 07-14-2014 04:00 PM

Before it all subsides again...

I genuinely think that the Albanians, after a few days, begin to basically struggle to continue justifying their protesting actions and thus calm ensues for the next year. We know as well as they eventually do, that they are protesting over [B]NOTHING[/B].

A war will happen in the next 5-10 years in my opinion, only will happen earlier if something radically changes.

Phoenix 07-14-2014 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=Volokin;151224]Before it all subsides again...

I genuinely think that the Albanians, after a few days, begin to basically struggle to continue justifying their protesting actions and thus calm ensues for the next year. We know as well as they eventually do, that they are protesting over [B]NOTHING[/B].

A war will happen in the next 5-10 years in my opinion, only will happen earlier if something radically changes.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the shiptari have no genuine reason to justify their protests.
I disagree that there'll be war in the next 5-10 years.

The war of 2001 was the result of a 'perfect storm' of events, initiated by the total collapse of the former Yugoslavia and an ensuing power vacuum in the YU region.
A USA/NATO tunnel vision for destroying the Milosevic regime and a push by the USA to create a series of compliant micro-states from the ashes of the former YU.

For the US, all that has been achieved. The shiptari were a mere pawn in that end game.

The challenge for the shiptari post framework agreement is to keep relevance and ethnic privilege by maintaining the illusion of constituting +25% of Macedonia's population...

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt that the shiptari have the backing to fight another war.

George S. 07-14-2014 09:54 PM

Phoenix what is your vuew of ali ahmeti he started
The 2001 war.Who do you think will give tgevgo
Ahead.?? For the next war.

Volokin 07-15-2014 05:11 AM

[QUOTE=Phoenix;151227]I agree that the shiptari have no genuine reason to justify their protests.
I disagree that there'll be war in the next 5-10 years.

The war of 2001 was the result of a 'perfect storm' of events, initiated by the total collapse of the former Yugoslavia and an ensuing power vacuum in the YU region.
A USA/NATO tunnel vision for destroying the Milosevic regime and a push by the USA to create a series of compliant micro-states from the ashes of the former YU.

For the US, all that has been achieved. The shiptari were a mere pawn in that end game.

The challenge for the shiptari post framework agreement is to keep relevance and ethnic privilege by maintaining the illusion of constituting +25% of Macedonia's population...

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt that the shiptari have the backing to fight another war.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally.

Though it's clear that the Albanians want far more than "rights" in Macedonia. I can't see outright independence or annexing happening in the next decade, but an Albanian entity within Macedonia yes, like Bosnia. This is the best bet for all Greater Albanian regions in my opinion, will happen in Preshevo shortly as well.

Getting a their own state within Macedonia is the best the Albanians can hope for at the moment, it's the most politically correct and the most chance of getting international backing. I am sure that they would not receive any support for anything more radical...or am I putting to much trust into the international community? Anyway, so if such an agreement can be made through the official route of government, then a conflict will be avoided. If such a change cannot be made in government, I can only see one other option...

This will happen in the next 5-10 years, I believe, probably towards the latter. The Albanians are agitated at the moment, and it will come, the partition of Macedonia once again.

Phoenix 07-15-2014 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Volokin;151237]I agree totally.

Though it's clear that the Albanians want far more than "rights" in Macedonia. I can't see outright independence or annexing happening in the next decade, but an Albanian entity within Macedonia yes, like Bosnia. This is the best bet for all Greater Albanian regions in my opinion, will happen in Preshevo shortly as well.

Getting a their own state within Macedonia is the best the Albanians can hope for at the moment, it's the most politically correct and the most chance of getting international backing. I am sure that they would not receive any support for anything more radical...or am I putting to much trust into the international community? Anyway, so if such an agreement can be made through the official route of government, then a conflict will be avoided. If such a change cannot be made in government, I can only see one other option...

This will happen in the next 5-10 years, I believe, probably towards the latter. The Albanians are agitated at the moment, and it will come, the partition of Macedonia once again.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps some parallels can be drawn with the Kurds that are jockeying for statehood in Iraq...or maybe the shiptari, thanks to their rise in Kosovo, have gone as far as their international backers will allow, with no more movement towards the same for the shiptari of Macedonia...the Kurdish example shows the complexity of the situation and why such moves are largely dependent on outside factors...

Interesting read:-

[url]http://theconversation.com/as-crisis-grips-iraq-could-a-kurdish-state-be-in-the-offing-28976[/url]

Soldier of Macedon 07-15-2014 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Phoenix;151227]The challenge for the shiptari post framework agreement is to keep relevance and ethnic privilege by maintaining the illusion of constituting +25% of Macedonia's population...[/QUOTE]
I think it can be argued that Macedonians have a bigger challenge in reversing the unjust segregation of Macedonian society since 2001 and the treacherous FA, even if the ethnic Albanian minority is less than 25%.

Phoenix 07-15-2014 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=Soldier of Macedon;151246]I think it can be argued that Macedonians have a bigger challenge in reversing the unjust segregation of Macedonian society since 2001 and the treacherous FA, even if the ethnic Albanian minority is less than 25%.[/QUOTE]

Both groups have a unique set of challenges ahead of them.
It will be extremely difficult to take away certain rights that have been unfairly awarded to the shiptar minority.

Niko777 07-25-2014 10:37 PM

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][B][U]Foundations laid for new Albanian Mosque and Islamic Center in Skopje[/U][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[B][U][SIZE="4"]With 4 minarets, this will be the largest Islamic building in all of Macedonia[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[IMG]http://prikachi.com/images/567/7494567A.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://prikachi.com/images/568/7494568J.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://prikachi.com/images/570/7494570k.png[/IMG]

Niko777 07-26-2014 11:08 AM

The new Macedonia...

[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/kultuzin/LjubotenDzamii_zps0a81d6e6.jpg[/IMG]

George S. 07-26-2014 05:36 PM

Starting a war has its rewards into a lucrative career.Look where Ali ahmeti is today president of dui .They got the Macedonians over a barrel.The very things that we were warned about the serbs and Kosovo that we would be next.Did we heed those words ore so what have we done anything else.?No.What a joke, a mosque a huuge one with 4 minarets.Is there anything more insulting.Where did the money come from ??Arabia???diaspora???Was the govt aware.Now you can expect more minarets all over the place and as well as mosques at every corner.What gets up my goat is that the Macedonians of rom are not worried at all fait accompli has been established a long time ago.How fucking insulting it is.Back in 2006 when I went for a holiday some shiptars got in the plane but on the way out at skopje they made sure they got out first.The shiptars told us to wait our turn whils't they got off first.To make sure the men blocked our way out.How revolting and degrading.Looks like they are taking over already.The rom Macedonians told us that we are patriotic and worry too much .The unthinkable will not happen the Albanians have too much vested interest.They will never revolt again.Hello? I have been right through Albania and only managed to see ONE mosque with one MInaret for the whole of Albania.I had to goto Serbia via Albania.O the way to Albania at the border control the guards made us wait for 2.5 hours for our visas and demanded that we give them coffee money.How insulting and degrading.BUT on our border tiptars crossing the rom Macedonian guards are forever making money and laughing with the shiptars UNHINDERED.At the border crossing we are so polite to the shiptars we are inviting them please come in take our country away from us.