Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

Ovcharani Panagir 2008 (my video - again thanks for the upload piperka)

YouTube - 2008 - Aegean Macedonians - ovcharani panagir

Comment

• Sekirani
      • Feb 2010

While on my upcoming holiday to Macedonia, i plan on going to Ovcharani for this celebration and hopefully film some of the event !

Comment

• Sekirani
        • Feb 2010

My videos of the Ovcarani festivities on July 20, 2010 - enjoy !YouTube - Ovcarani 20- 7-10 Part 1 YouTube - Ovcarani 20-7-10 Part 2 YouTube - Ovcarani 20-7-10 Part 3 YouTube - Ovcarani 20-7-10 Part 4 YouTube - Ovcarani 20-7-10 Part 6
        Last edited by Sekirani; 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
          • Nov 2009

beautiful....

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
            • Jan 2009

Ethnic Macedonian wins mayoral spot in Ovcarani, more wins expected

Gjorgi Javramov has been elected village mayor of Ovcarani municipality in the first round of local elections in Yunanistan.

Although the Macedonian Party in Yunanistan "Rainbow" will not officially take part in the elections, its members were put on lists as independent candidates. Javramov has acquired the highest number of votes and will substitute Pande Aslakov.

Macedonian minority members are very well satisfied that one of their representatives will become an overlord of the village and will fight for preserving Macedonian identity in Yunanistan.

Macedonian citizens have their candidate in the village of Neret, near Lerin. Vasil Stojkov, supported by the leading New Democracy, will compete in the ballot. Nikola Cockov is a candidate to head the Lerin prefecture which includes dozen of villages in that region. He has been supported by the opposition party Syriza. Both candidates have not succeeded in gaining 40% of the votes to be elected in the first round. However, they will run for support in the second round on Sunday.

Nevertheless, the Macedonian minority party in Yunanistan "Rainbow" will take part in the forthcoming EU elections, which is a great opportunity to raise voice and be represented in the political scene.
            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

Latest videos from Illinden in Ovcharani, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60vaUlFA1dU Овчарани 19/07/2014 Ovcarani 19/07/2014 Μελίτη 19/07/2014 - Александар е цар македонски

ILLINDEN VO OFTSARANI 2014 - YouTube
              Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 07-21-2014, 01:03 AM.
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                • Apr 2014

The mayor of Ovčarani joining in this time:

Јанко Ашљаков е запаметен како градоначалник на општина Овчарани и како човек кој прв што се декларира како македонец
                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                  The mayor of Ovčarani joining in this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5igK...el=Egejskiglas
                  Pande is the best! Always gets involved in the Oro and fighting for Macedonian rights on the other side of the modern day border.

It seems like in recent years Ilinden in Ovcarani has even become an event that some Macedonians from the Republic attend too, it's great to see.

I was watching over some videos from Ilinden there in 2014 and remembered this one with the 5 year old boy from Negush region dancing, such a nice video!

ILLINDEN VO OFTSARANI19 ΙΟΥΛΙΟΥ 2014Τιμούμε την ιστορία μας, τα χωριά μας, τους ανθρώπους μας.Ние чест нашата историја, нашите села, нашиот народ.селото OFTS...

Some other great vids from over the years:
                  Илинден во Овчарани 20141 Абер ми дојде од Солуна града2 Бисер Балкански 3 Оган да го гори

ILLINDEN 2014 – selo OFTSARANI LERIN-Бисер балкански - Една мисла имаме Kade i da odishKade i da shetashNe se sramiNe se plashiMakedonec da si. x2Ref.Edna mi...

Приказни од Македонскиот полуостров, за забранетиот македонски народ...Мир вам, Армакедонци мои...
                  Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 09-06-2021, 07:35 AM.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Apr 2014

What organisation sets up the Ilinden? Has become one of the most popular ora in all of Macedonia
                    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

The village reps organise their event. They are staunchly Macedonian and I have great memories attending their panagirs.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Voshtarets
                        • Feb 2012

Both my living 95 year old father and my late mother (Bog da proste) were born in Voshtarani (Ovchareni). The old timers always called it Voshtarani...the name Ovchareni is more recent. I went to visit in 1977 and 1980 and I witnessed a profound awareness amongst the villagers of who they were. Back in the day, the Greek authorities tried numerous times to get the villagers to swear on the Bible to cease conversing in Macedonian but they failed miserably every time.

I'd love to go back for another visit. Ilinden is the time to go. Vaska Ilieva performed at the festival once and had the Voshtartsi in tears when performing her patriotic songs.

My father is fond of saying "Nie Makedontsi imame zlaboki koreni". How true that is.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Voshtarets, how did the public name of the selo shift from Voštarani to Ovčarani?

Comment

• Voshtarets
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            Voshtarets, how did the public name of the selo shift from Voštarani to Ovčarani?
                            I asked my dad that question this morning. At the ripe age of 95 his mind is still sharp as a whip, so whatever he tells me on historical matters I accept as the voice of authority.

According to him, the name "Ovcharani" appeared only after the Greek Civil war. He can't explain exactly how that name came about. The original name "Voshtarani" is the correct village name, used by the older generation of villagers as well as the inhabitants of the neighboring villages up to the civil war period. The original name derives from the Macedonian word for wax (vosok) as the village used to export significant quantities of wax and honey to the other sela. In 1926 the Greek government renamed it to "Meliti" which derives from the Greek word for honey, which is "meli".

Anyways, hope this helps. If I find out anything else I'll let you know.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

The Macedonians learned to hate themselves in that part of Macedonia. The subtle (and often not so subtle) techniques employed over there meant speaking Macedonian was an indicator of being a peasant farmer rather than an "enlightened Greek". I suspect the newer name came from a degree of self-loathing among some of the enlightened "shpioni".
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

According to village elders, the original settlement was called Voshtarani. At some point, a few shepherds moved a little further away and established a new village called Ovčarani. When more people arrived, they eventually settled near a river, at the current location of the village. This story was mentioned by Ǵorče Petrov in his “Materials on the study of Macedonia” back in 1896, so both names have been around for quite a while.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X