MACEDONIA AND THE MACEDONIAN QUESTION (Greek state propganda 1983)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angliski
    Banned
    • Jul 2012

Thanks guys. I know the Greeks grabbed their part of Macedonia from the Turks. I think they only beat the Bulgarian army into Solun by an hour or so, or it would today be a part of Bulgaria. But I'm confused because some posters above call Macedonia before WWI "a country" and the Greeks above call it "a region". Was Macedonia before WWI a country? I know that Greece was never a country before the 19th century creation of the modern state. If Macedonia was a country and not a region inhabited by many different people, when did it become a country? I guess it comes down to what is a " Macedonian"? Can a Greek in Greek Macedonia be a Macedonian and can a Bulgarian in Bulgarian Macedonia be a Macedonian, too? Or is it a designation for only a certain culture of people that excludes everyone else no matter what they feel about their identity?

thanks

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Dude,from your posts I can't help not to come to the conclusion that you're not Macedonian,otherwise you wouldn't been asking these questions.Where are you from?
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Angliski View Post
        Thanks guys. I know the Greeks grabbed their part of Macedonia from the Turks. I think they only beat the Bulgarian army into Solun by an hour or so, or it would today be a part of Bulgaria. But I'm confused because some posters above call Macedonia before WWI "a country" and the Greeks above call it "a region". Was Macedonia before WWI a country? I know that Greece was never a country before the 19th century creation of the modern state. If Macedonia was a country and not a region inhabited by many different people, when did it become a country? I guess it comes down to what is a " Macedonian"? Can a Greek in Greek Macedonia be a Macedonian and can a Bulgarian in Bulgarian Macedonia be a Macedonian, too? Or is it a designation for only a certain culture of people that excludes everyone else no matter what they feel about their identity?

thanks

Zdravo Angliski,

That's a good question, what do you think a Macedonian is?, and what do you believe the term should mean?
        Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 07-14-2012, 08:19 AM.
        “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• momce
          Banned
          • Oct 2012

where did all the "greeks" in Macedonia go? why did they have to cleanse the area and bring in anatolians and force immigration on people etc? i cant find any mass genocide of the original greek macedonians anywhere lol...the terms greek and bulgarian make no sense in modern world either they are just political terms constructed by modern state and church
          Last edited by momce; 12-21-2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X