• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Clearly you have amnesia:

If you are "more" concerned about one issue over another. This implies levels of importance. Clearly I am not being argumentative for the sake of it. You appear to have some kind of short term memory problem.

Try again.
    That implies that level of importance of what I CARE about, not about the level of importance that political national boundaries have had on affecting cultures.

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      I think we need a rule against stupid analogies. Too many of them on the MTO at the moment.

The views that I specifically call anti-Macedonian, are those that work against Macedonian freedom and that work against the human rights of Macedonians. I'm not referring to some vague notions, but specific and concrete policies, such as the Badinter Prinicple.

You've been avoiding the Badinter Principle like the plague lately. You said you support it but you do not support the other elements of the Framework Agreement. How is that possible? RtG is completely right when he says that it is inextricably linked to the FA. The Badinter Principle was designed SOLEY and SPECIFICALLY to protect the "other elements", or special privileges, given to the Albanians under the Framework Agreement. It serves no other purpose. How is it that you can support it and then claim not to support the special privileges it was designed to protect?
      Start making sense and things will start making sense.

Let's break it down into steps, because you've been quite slow:

I'm for the Badinter Principle...take it out of the context of the OFA, I'm for it.
      I'm for what the Badinter Principle does in theory...to protect minority rights.
      I'm not for many of the rights, or privileges, that the OFA guarantees to ethnic Albanians.
      I see it this way: the drafters of the OFA could have found MULTIPLE different ways to enforce its measures. They didn't need the Badinter Principle -- they just used that mechanism. Does that make the mechanism in itself bad? No.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
        Start making sense and things will start making sense.

Let's break it down into steps, because you've been quite slow:

I'm for the Badinter Principle...take it out of the context of the OFA, I'm for it.
        I'm for what the Badinter Principle does in theory...to protect minority rights.
        I'm not for many of the rights, or privileges, that the OFA guarantees to ethnic Albanians.
        I see it this way: the drafters of the OFA could have found MULTIPLE different ways to enforce its measures. They didn't need the Badinter Principle -- they just used that mechanism. Does that make the mechanism in itself bad? No.
        Yes, it still makes the mechanism bad. It essentially means that the vote of an individual from one ethnic group is worth more than the vote of [insert as many as necessary] individuals from other ethnic groups. This is a peversion of democracy and natural/human rights.

In the specific Macedonian context, it means that the vote of one Albanian is worth more than the votes of four non-Albanian citizens, whether they are Macedonians, Turks, Vlachs etc. In the Macedonian context, it means that one ethnic group is above all other ethnic groups, including the majority and other smaller minorities. Why is this particular ethnic group of such importance? What makes their natural and civil rights more important than those of eveyone else, majority and other minorities included?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

vicsinan up to now you have asked a lot of questions & we have given you a lot of answers.But you seem to be abrogating as to why you favour the badinter principle.We have been open to you & you have been evasive.Why what are you hiding,you make it clear that you are pro albanian you have chosen your anti stance.So you are claiming to be macedonian after that,you don't desrve the title macedonian.Predavnik would be more appropriate.That is you just want to give everything to the albanians also you should take glory with your new name the fyrom or fyromian that is more suitable as you are an apolegetic to that end.Where as in contrast the members who are real macedonians unlike the fyromanians desrvedly can be proud as they follow the correct path of the macedonian cause & we will not deviate from it or apologise for being like that.We hold what is reveered & we nurture our identity of who we are & we exhibita rightous macedonian character.Contrast this with present macedonia that is on a disaster collision with itself & is on an anti macedonian slide why?The reason is people are mentally enslaved they have left others to dictate their fate,In other words they got no balls,guts or fortitude to stand & speak on their own.The people need reawakening & they need to know the truth because the truth will set them free.Yes that's right knowing the truth,you will get a glad reaction of what the macedonian cause is then you will empowered to act & free yourself of the enslaved slavery caused by our own people, other people who hate us & that speaks volumes.Our brothers & sisters are payiing the price of what other macedonians who are anti macedonian they are constantly enslaved the slave mindset.All macedonians need to revere & nurture the cause.The message has to get out of hope & that there is a way out for macedonia & that doesn't involve compromising or capitulating itself.
          Last edited by George S.; 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Why is this particular ethnic group of such importance? What makes their natural and civil rights more important than those of eveyone else, majority and other minorities included?
            I've already explained my views on that.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

I've already explained my views on that.
              No you haven't. You talked about minority rights in general, not about why ONE minority is above all other minorities and the majority. Further, you have never stated what "rights" exactly you would like to see protected by the Badinter Prinicple.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

No you haven't. You talked about minority rights in general, not about why ONE minority is above all other minorities and the majority. Further, you have never stated what "rights" exactly you would like to see protected by the Badinter Prinicple.
                To your first point, the Badinter Principle does not do that and I've already explained why. I don't tolerate incompetent readers.

To your second point, yes I have...but no I haven't talked about the Badinter Principle protecting privileges under the OFA because I don't agree with those privileges.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

To your first point, the Badinter Principle does not do that and I've already explained why. I don't tolerate incompetent readers.

To your second point, yes I have...but no I haven't talked about the Badinter Principle protecting privileges under the OFA because I don't agree with those privileges.
                  Victor, now you are just being intellectually dishonest. The Badinter Principle, in the Macedonian context, applies only to the Albanians as no other minority group has the voting power to actually exercise it. So in the Macedonian context, it makes the Albanian vote worth more than not only the Macedonian vote, but the vote of every other minority. It is also likely to do this in practice in many other states if it were to be applied there. This practical fact cannot be ignored and you are yet to address it.

Secondly, you have not stated what specific rights you would like to be protected under a Badinter Principle, but if you think you have, please point out where or repeat them here.

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

Victor, now you are just being intellectually dishonest. The Badinter Principle, in the Macedonian context, applies only to the Albanians as no other minority group has the voting power to actually exercise it. So in the Macedonian context, it makes the Albanian vote worth more than not only the Macedonian vote, but the vote of every other minority. It is also likely to do this in practice in many other states if it were to be applied there. This practical fact cannot be ignored and you are yet to address it.

Secondly, you have not stated what specific rights you would like to be protected under a Badinter Principle, but if you think you have, please point out where or repeat them here.
                    To your first point, I addressed Badinter in theory and the implementation of Badinter in actuality.

To your second point, I've already explained my views on that.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

To your first point, I addressed Badinter in theory and the implementation of Badinter in actuality.

No Victor, you have done no such thing. No amount of worming will get you out of this one. Either post a link to where you think you've addressed these points or address them here again.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

So vicsinan how can you claim you're not anti macedonian yet you advocate special priveleges for the albanians.You are pro albanian that on it's own makes you anti macedonian.What makes you sure a minority like albanians who are not native to the land ,macedonians are ethnic to their land desrve more rights & priveleges.In my opinion the only rights in a democracy that a minority should get is whatever is bestowed on ordinary citizens nothing more nothing less what could be better than that.
                        But in your case you advocate open slather priveleges specials on voting rights,etc etc.So don't be suprised that you are not for the cause or that we called you anti. Macedonian.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Tom's statement to you"The Badinter Principle was designed SOLEY and SPECIFICALLY to protect the "other elements", or special privileges, given to the Albanians under the Framework Agreement. It serves no other purpose. How is it that you can support it and then claim not to support the special privileges it was designed to protect?"
                          Your response to that was you are not sure you like the badinter principle as amechanism & you don't like all the priveleges & rights that it confers on trhe albanians.Also you don't like the FA but beleive in the good mechanism it provides.So you are ignorant of what both attempt to do is errode macedonian soveregnity & hand it to the albanians.Also when asked about specific issues you don't think the priveleges the albanians are getting aren't that bad.Well short of secession or just giving slices of land away what more can be done to please the albanians.Seeing you favor the albanian cause what else could ROM do appease the albanians.?
                          Last edited by George S.; 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Just give us some links to where you feel you have adequately done this.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Just give us some links to where you feel you have adequately done this.
                              Whether my responses were adequate for you or not, or whether they were satisfactory or not, they are there, especially with regards to what I stated and why I stated it, even though they are not related to the assumptions and misinterpretations some of you have made.

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

No Victor, you have done no such thing. No amount of worming will get you out of this one. Either post a link to where you think you've addressed these points or address them here again.
                                See my response to Risto.

Comment

Working...
                                X