X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I am not sure I understand what you mean Vangelovski.
    Here is the subject of our ongoing focus of late:
    http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1303
    I just mean is there a clean version of it - everyone seems to be making suggestions in posts - has it all been put together somewhere where we can just read the document?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

The first post in that thread reflects a number of the suggestions and is relatively "clean".
      It has probably been updated about 10 times since it was originally posted by Rogi in the first instance.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TajnataKniga
        • Dec 2009

-off

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
        Tajnata Kinga, Its ov or ev its Goce Delcev not Gotse Deltcheff
        prolet, sorry but when my family left macedonia over 75 years ago they put down -off because in the english language its equivalent to -ov.

the last name of a person should not dictate their allegiance to the macedonian cause. i have cousins who are super macedonian but don't even have macedonian last names.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Wether it is 'Ov' or 'Off' does not determine the ethnicity of a person, TajnataKniga is correct in saying that 'Off' was used because it is more phonetically suitable in English.

Having said that though, Even the surname Donevski can sound like Doneff-ski, so I do think it should've remained as an 'Ov' for everybody, as I don't think catering to other languages is healthy or necessary. Let the westerners write Delcheff in their English newspapers, we should stick to our own and keep it as Delchev.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
            Phoenix, my comment about Vangelovski being unreasonable is concerning our previous debates and my assessment of his character, not his questions concerning UMD.

Read my previous posts, I have no problem with questioning UMD, I am just stating my opinion. Why is it so wrong for me to support UMD? Why are you portraying those who criticize as victims of blind followers?

On your final point, see my posts in the Macedonian Cause thread because this is exactly what I am talking about when I say the difference in approach causes the argument, everyone agrees on the goals.
            Buktop, I think its a bit rich calling Vangelovski "unreasonable" and your assessment of his character based on some previous debate is a bit silly, to say the least.

I don't believe Vangelovski has strayed from his ideas of where Macedonia should be heading, there's nothing "unreasonable" about that, Vangelovski's ideas are pretty much in tune with the vast majority
            of Macedonians.

Didn't you say you were glad he wasn't in UMD any longer...?

To put it to you in another way Buktop, the Macedonian people need many more Vangelovski's in their ranks because the Buktop's of this world are too busy pulling splinters out of their arse from sitting on fences for too long...

Comment

• makgerman
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
              my last name ends in -off, does that make me bulgarian? i'm macedonian to the bone my friend.
              No one is saying Macedonians with surnames ending with -off are Bulgarian.

Why do they refer to actual surnames of Macedonians such as Delcev, Daicov, Damev or Gruev improperly with ..ffs' at the ends? The same doesn't have to be repeated what was done 75 years to suit the English language.

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                I'm not talking about disclosures - I'm talking about governance and policy making - isn't that what the conversation was about?
                My mistake, I was thrown off by the inclusion of that in your post.

There are no statutes or regulations regarding 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations regarding policy making or governance, organizations under this tax jurisdiction may maintain private or public standing and to my knowledge are simply forbidden from influencing government elections, other than that I don't know of any clauses that effect the governance of 501(c)(3) organizations, unless it is different in Australia, I am not familiar with their tax regulations.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  Buktop, I think its a bit rich calling Vangelovski "unreasonable" and your assessment of his character based on some previous debate is a bit silly, to say the least.

I don't believe Vangelovski has strayed from his ideas of where Macedonia should be heading, there's nothing "unreasonable" about that, Vangelovski's ideas are pretty much in tune with the vast majority
                  of Macedonians.

Didn't you say you were glad he wasn't in UMD any longer...?

To put it to you in another way Buktop, the Macedonian people need many more Vangelovski's in their ranks because the Buktop's of this world are too busy pulling splinters out of their arse from sitting on fences for too long...
                  Well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I don't know why you have such a problem with me Phoenix, it seems that just because I support UMD you have drawn this picture of me as an ignorant, blind, zombie, an arse kisser, fence sitter, moron, piece of shit, and whatever other colorful descriptive phrases that I cannot recall at the moment.

If my comments on your statements regarding UMD have had this much effect on you, then I believe they were indeed warranted. One will always use aggression when threatened and it seems that I am really hitting a nerve.

As of yet you have failed to provide an example of a proper press release using "strong" language. Perhaps if you were to provide such an example you could pass it along to those that could benefit from it, rather than just stating your disapproval.
                  Last edited by Buktop; 01-06-2010, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

My mistake, I was thrown off by the inclusion of that in your post.

There are no statutes or regulations regarding 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations regarding policy making or governance, organizations under this tax jurisdiction may maintain private or public standing and to my knowledge are simply forbidden from influencing government elections, other than that I don't know of any clauses that effect the governance of 501(c)(3) organizations, unless it is different in Australia, I am not familiar with their tax regulations.
                    Ok, lets make it a bit easier - what should a democratically governed organisation do every year or two? And how would this aid the development of policy making, ensuring that its members are represented?
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

As of yet you have failed to provide an example of a proper press release using "strong" language. Perhaps if you were to provide such an example you could pass it along to those that could benefit from it, rather than just stating your disapproval.
                      This has been provided to you time and again, but your selective memory refuses to acknowledge it because you prefer subserviance...maybe you're linked to the Macedonian Government - that would explain a lot.

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I don't know why you have such a problem with me Phoenix, it seems that just because I support UMD you have drawn this picture of me as an ignorant, blind, zombie, an arse kisser, fence sitter, moron, piece of shit, and whatever other colorful descriptive phrases that I cannot recall at the moment.
                        Buktop, one colourful descriptive phrase that's missing is BULLSHIT ARTIST because apart from "fence sitter" i haven't called you any of those horrible things but if the shoe fits, you're welcome to it cinderella

If my comments on your statements regarding UMD have had this much effect on you, then I believe they were indeed warranted. One will always use aggression when threatened and it seems that I am really hitting a nerve.
                        Climb down from the moral highground before your symptoms of altitude illness get worse...

I've already commented on what in my opinion constitutes a proper press release, one that accurately conveys the feelings of the majority of the diaspora, take the time to read the press releases from an organization like AMHRC and their partner organizations in Canada.
                        Their messages aren't lost in translation or in a sea of ambiguity, their language is both strong and direct.
                        UMD often give the impression that Macedonia's interests are second to those of America or their criticism of the Europeans is watered down to the point of losing its urgency.

But in relation to the UMD press release where they "applaud" the sending of Macedonian troops to Afghanistan it is the most unfortunate and disgraceful use of the English language that I have ever seen...
                        Last edited by Phoenix; 01-06-2010, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                          • Dec 2009

wasnt it because macedonia sent troops to afghanistan that it earned a lot of respect by the world? macedonia almost got an invitation to NATO? why shouldnt UMD applaud? macedonia is more involved in afghanistan than grease. macedonian troops have gotten more medals than many other armies from the US. maybe macedonia decided to send troops to get more public support from the US? why did it decide to send more troops?

are you against what is going on in afghanistan in general, against macedonia's involvement, against the US period or against UMD period, which one is it? im not sure really, maybe all of the above?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

TK, Afghanistan is not Macedonia's war.
                            Bigger countries than Macedonia are opposed to the war effort in Afghanistan. Macedonia may well have almost gotten a number of things due to their involvement but they did not. Even if they did, only an American can applaud such an alliance. A better description of the extra troops would read as follows:
                            The MTO understands there are many sacrifices to be made in order to achieve one's goals. We remember the lack of assistance given to Macedonians by any nation during our historic struggles as a people. Sending Macedonian troops into someone's war carries a heavy burden for all Macedonians.

We can never applaud such an action, however we can demand actions in return for such extreme sacrifices.
                            This is what the Diaspora thinks Afghanistan is all about. Nobody is applauding it unless you are a special kind of American.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                              • Dec 2009

what if macedonia sent troops to darfur to stop the genocide there, wouldnt you applaud it? i sure would, genocide is genocide, our people went through genocide (nobody stopped it), but why shouldnt we help stop genocide in the world today?

macedonia is spreading freedom through its mission in afghanistan, the kind of freedom all citizens of macedonia enjoy, be it macedonian, albanian, roma, whatever.

afghanistan had a theological dictatorship. serbia had a dictatorship. macedonia was involved in both. australia has 1550 troops in afghanistan. australia like macedonia is committed to ending terrorism. didn't gruevski confirm the israel foreign ministers claim yesterday that al qaeda is active in the balkans?

see australia in afghanistan http://gc.nautilus.org/Nautilus/australia/afghanistan

australia increases troops to afghanistan http://cnn.hu/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/...tan/index.html - this is applaudable!

"We cannot ignore this cold, hard strategic fact: Less security in Afghanistan means less security for Australians," he said. "Handing Afghanistan back to terrorist control will increase the threat to all Australians."

have any macedonians been killed in afghanistan?

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                                Ok, lets make it a bit easier - what should a democratically governed organisation do every year or two? And how would this aid the development of policy making, ensuring that its members are represented?
                                So you are alluding to elections? Perhaps once membership and the number of volunteer's increase they could have elections.

As of this moment, they have UMD workshops and community meetings, this in addition to the e-mail suggestions helps UMD gauge the sentiments of the diaspora. But if those who have concerns and complaints actually made an effort to go to these workshops, I am sure we would be singing a different tune right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X