View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:16 AM   #9
Karposh

Karposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
Actually, if you watch carefully the other picture (of post#5) is from a different bell, yet probably from the same church.
I agree with Amphipolis. The picture from post 5 seems to be of a different bell. Tell-tale signs include the lack of the fleur-de-lis bordering around the top of the bell and the sun symbols are different. The first bell had the ancient Macedonian sun symbols whereas the second bell has, what look like, snowflake type stars. Perhaps the second bell was made from another majstor from Gorno Brodi. One thing is clear they were certainly proud of their Macedonian heritage. This must have been their way of branding their product with a "Made in Macedonia" tag.

I noted also from the Bulgarian article that the renowned master builders from Debar were also employed to build the church in Izvora. I wonder if they left similar tags around the Balkan's Orthodox churches which they built.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote