Dedo Iljo Vojvoda fought with his 206 Macedonians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Dedo Iljo Vojvoda fought with his 206 Macedonians!

This quote is taken from a Serbian book about the Serbian-Bulgarian war of 1885.
    Somehow Macedonians are to be found in it......

Source: "Istorija srpsko-bugarskog rata 1885" By Vladan Đorđević, 1908, page 389.

Brief translation into English:
    In that cheta there were 206 Macedonians under the command of pop Georgijeva and Dedo Iljo Vojvoda...
    There were Macedonians fighting in the war of 1885, where was Tito?
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Вардарец
    • Sep 2008

In "Tatini muda"
    For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Вардарец View Post
      In "Tatini muda"
      made gol na site dushmani..... lazhat cel den....
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Diabolical
        • Jan 2009

what is a "vojvoda"?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Vojvoda is a warlord.

My apologies, I made the assumption that you are a Macedonian. What is your background?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Magedon
            • Dec 2008

A proper english equivalent would be a DUKE - but there is no really a proper equiv.

VojVoda would be the one who VODI (leads) the V(B)OJ (battle; the word VOJNA (war) is from the same branch) - VOD is also a smaller brigande of warriors who usually have a VojVoda as a leader. VODA is also WATER and is the root word for all these others, cuz the water in rivers LEADS THE WAY FORWARD. VODICH means GUIDE.
            Makedonsko devojche, kitka sharena; od gradina nabrana - dar podarena - IMA LI ?????

Comment

• Diabolical
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Vojvoda is a warlord.

My apologies, I made the assumption that you are a Macedonian. What is your background?

I am Macedonian... sorry, I have only recently begun to look into Macedonian history... It's something that has begun to interest me very much, but my knowledge is very hazy, so you guys will have to bear with me, at least for a little while

While on the topic of vojvodi, the term wouldn't have been used to refer to the IMRO members, would it?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

The people of VMRO were called 'Komiti' or 'Komitadji', as they were members of the 'Komitet' (Committee). A group of Komiti were called a 'Cheta', and the leader of the group was the Vojvoda, which literally means 'War Leader' but the best equivalent in English is 'Warlord' or also 'Duke' as Magedon stated.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Diabolical
                  • Jan 2009

Got it .

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

If you're going to write about it, use the word Duke. It is most accurate and better received - the term warlord has negative conotations.

These men were brave heroes, fighting for freedom and justice and many of them were educated around the world (i.e. there were komiti who had studied at Sorbonne University in France, which was at the time among, if not the most esteemed University in the world).

Remember, they wrote the Krushevo Manifesto, which represents the most forward thinking ideology of the time for the region and beyond, and can be still seen as very forward thinking and progressive even by today's standards.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                      If you're going to write about it, use the word Duke. It is most accurate and better received - the term warlord has negative conotations.

The term warlord is historically accurate.

Use of the term "Duke" would be an anachronism, both unrepresentative and misleading. You and UMD can shove your self proclaimed political correctness up your arses. Just a small window into your mind, and a brief example of how UMD intends to white-wash Macedonian history.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Read "Macedonia and the Macedonians in the Eastern Crisis" by Manol Pandevski.

It talks alot about the Macedonian volunteer fighters in Serbia, Romania and later Bulgaria, and Dedo Ilija, fighting under Russian millitary command.

This was the same guy who joined forces with the Macedonian warrior priest, Berovski, in 1878 in Pirin Macedonia. Together, with about 400 Macedonians, they stormed a Turkish garrison in 1878 to mark the beginning of the Kresna/Razlog uprising.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Is the Dedo Iljo cited in this source the same Dedo Iljo Maleshevski? The below link says that he is also know as Pop Gorgiev.

Wikipedia has seriously gone down the drain, now even Dedo Iljo is a 'Bulgar' as Bulgarian lies and historical manipulations are accepted without an argument. Apart from the light reference, Wikipedia is next to useless.

Comment

• Diabolical
                            • Jan 2009

I'll look into it, thanks Pelister

SoM, it is indeed a joke, you'll be hardpressed to find a Macedonian from before 1940 on Wikipedia... unless it's the Macedonian Wikipedia... unfortunately, it's underdeveloped.
                            Last edited by Diabolical; 02-20-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

No Diabolical, you wouldn't be hard pressed to find a Macedonian before 1940 on Wikipedia, you would be hard pressed to find an article about a Macedonian that has not been severely distorted by a Greek or Bulgar racist.

Where did you get the 1940 figure my friend?

Comment

Working...
                              X