View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 09:55 AM   #389
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
Velevska's reaction:

https://iportal.mk/scena/elena-veles...sh-im-chinish/

I watched the video. I don't see how her quote was taken out of context. The interviewer asked her what are some Bulgarian songs you sing at Macedonian concerts in Australia. Velevska responded with Jovano Jovanke, Kazi Oblace Belo, and other songs. Clear cut.

She apparently apologized two years ago and claims that a feud with a Macedonian manager in Australia is the real reason this protest is happening. Even if that was the case, I didn't find her apology convincing.
I rewatched the clip several times and I also agree that it's pretty clear cut Vic. I thought initially she might have been taken out of context in some way but I don't think she was. Don't know how she is trying to wriggle herself out of this. What do you guys think? If she sincerely apologised for saying this in the past would you accept it? For me personally, I don't even listen to her music and the fact that she makes songs in Bulgarian turns me off instantly, in the same way that it turns me off when Macedonians make songs in Serbian such as Aneta/ Grupa Molika and Tyzee for example.