X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

Australia's Security Council bid

Read the comment at the bottom; http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/blo...1122-ispv.html
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Why would Macedonia support Australia.Macedonia is recognized as fyrom,Australia has allready sided with the irrendist Greeks.It's not going to help Macedonia one iota.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Australia has an excellent chance to secure a seat at the UN Security Council in 2013/14 round. It can strengthen its chances of success by reaching out to the many ethnic communities that are part of the Australia community such as the Macedonians. Diasporas can be the secret to success in influencing governemtns around the world to support Australia's bid. The Australian Macedonian community through organisations like the United Macedonian Diaspora is working closely with Australian MPs and the Macedonian Government to ensure that Australia gets full support from Macedonia and its political networks in the UN.

Ordan Andreevski | Melbourne - November 23, 2009, 11:31AM
        Australia needs to get with the program already and to give people the God given courtesy and right to their identity.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

Interview with USIP Daniel P. Serwer re: "Name Dispute"

YouTube - Interview With Daniel P. Serwer - UMD Global Conference 2009
          For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
          http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
          Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
          Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
          Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

I will call Macedonia Macedonia as long as Macedonians ask me to.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

What a shame some Macedonians are almost begging to be called something different.
              I hope they get what they deserve.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

If only they don't say even anything & stop the negotiations everything will be ok.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                  Australia needs to get with the program already and to give people the God given courtesy and right to their identity.
                  The Australian Macedonian community through organisations like the United Macedonian Diaspora is working closely with Australian MPs and the Macedonian Government to ensure that Australia gets full support from Macedonia and its political networks in the UN.
                  See, here is the problem !

Since when was UMD a representative of Macedonians world wide and the Macedonian government ?

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

What is the problem? I don't see it.

UMD is made up of members of the Macedonian community who are active and activists. As are all other Macedonian community organisations.

Therefore, through UMD and other active Macedonian community organisations, these activists of the community are making their voice, and thus the voice of the community activists, heard.

If you keep quiet, others will speak on your behalf. If you don't like it, get up and get active.

"Ten persons who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent"
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

You were so critical of my "diatribe" (as you put it) on Maknews.

UMD has members.

It does not quantitatively or qualitatively represent the rest of us.

The trouble is UMDs Ideology and politics and its vision for the Macedonian republic. That is what its members are signing up to. Your overtures that you represent a dissenting voice in UMD is really just more smoke and mirrors, given your recent posts on Maknews.

The organization is founded by, made up of, and controlled by Macedonians in the diaspora who worship the West, support the negotiations, and were pushing for a name change.

There is no way Meto in his capacity as a founding board member of UMD, publicly advocated a name change speaking at that time as a representative of UMD, without consulting other members of UMD board.
                      Your efforts to represent comments that Meto made for a name change, as his personal ones, and not those of UMD, might work in a vaccuum sealed container, but where public image and comments of the board are carefully delivered, it can mean only one thing. The UMD board discusses a name change, and accepted it before publicly announcing it.
                      Last edited by Pelister; 11-24-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

That is a complete lie and you know it.

All of your post above is wrong and you have crossed a line here.
                        There was never a discussion about a name change, there was never a vote or discussion about accepting a name change. If that were the case, I would have torn UMD up.

What Meto said in that video, he said of his own accord. I'm not going to try and explan it, because I raised it internally in the same manner you are publicly. But that is not the position that UMD has or ever had.

Now you are just lying.
                        Last edited by Rogi; 11-24-2009, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Pelister, your attacks on UMD are at best consistent.
                          At worst, the are scare mongering and damaging to the UMD.

I will not comment on the appropriateness of your actions in any way. However, I personally wonder out loud the following political and ethical dilemma that may happen for the UMD in the future:

(a) Let us assume the UMD actively cultivates and seeks ties with the ruling Government of Macedonia.
                          (b) Republic of Macedonia makes concessions that are not in the interest of Macedonians.
                          (c) UMD at what point gives up on the Government and becomes the voice of the Diaspora showing no fear or favour to the Republic's politicians? What would be the deal breaker have to be to make an action non-negotiable. Would the UMD ever denounce the Government's actions?

My fear is that, due to being such a politically correct organisation, it would fear losing relevance with political leaders. This fear would manifest itself in a non-judgmental stance which in turn would place the organisation at a diminished level of significance to the Diaspora.

I am not saying this will happen. I am merely saying this may well be ahead of them and will be a defining moment for them.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Rogi, to be fair, I am quite sure we have seen corroborating information about Meto where he appeared to accept a name change as a logical outcome to the dispute with Greece. This will most likely stay with him for life. If that was me and I was out to improve my reputation, I would initiate actions that would reverse the impact of such impressions. One thing I would do is face up to it and either apologise or counter the argument. I would make it personal and have done so before. I don't think it is as fatal as anyone thinks it is for a young man to re-assess his priorities. In fact, I am sure he has already done so. Like all of us.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Something is not right here, why would Australia help Macedonia when Australia has sided with the Greeks & has recognised Macedonia as FYROM hey guys why?
                              Macedonia has to be recognised by the constitutuional name & i/m sure AUstralia is not going to do it.Why should Macedonia help AUstralia what's in it for Macedonia.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ZAS
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                                Something is not right here, why would Australia help Macedonia when Australia has sided with the Greeks & has recognised Macedonia as FYROM hey guys why?
                                Macedonia has to be recognised by the constitutuional name & i/m sure AUstralia is not going to do it.Why should Macedonia help AUstralia what's in it for Macedonia.
                                Right On George, this UMD now has really shown their best CARDS, they now support This Racist government of Australia..........Ova braycha e REZIL and must be PUNISHED.
                                This METO guy must be related to CRVENKOVIC or Izdaynikot Lube Boshkovski.

Comment

Working...
                                X