Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TajnataKniga
    • Dec 2009

i dont see the flip-flopping. what do other macedonian organisations think of the framework agreement? why UMD on the spot and not others? UMD was founded when? 2004? looks like before the framework. they wrote it in their post. where were the other organisations? what were they doing to prevent the framework agreement? id like to see the macedonian government take rights away from albanians with the current circumstances. good luck! and isnt the macedonian government to blame for all this? that bastard crvenkoupolos. nobody can do anything now, neither UMD or gruevski.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
      • Dec 2009

has anyone seen the movie? anyone know what reviews its gotten?

Comment

• TajnataKniga
        • Dec 2009

great poll! UMD needs to call for macedonia to terminate the talks. and so should other macedonian organisations. everyone in the diaspora!

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

TK,

Most Macedonian diaspora organisations actively opposed (and continue to do so) both the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement. UMD is the only one that I am aware of to have called for its enforcement, advertise them as "progression" and use them as supportive arguments.

If we followed the argument that "noone can do anything now" and accepted the status quo, then we would still have been part of Yugoslavia. Remember Denko Maleski? He used the same scaremongering tactics that we see from UMD/Buktop & Co.

And if we were to accept your argument that "noone can do anything now", then why even bother having a 'cause'? Just accept the status quo and go along with whatever happens.
          Last edited by Vangelovski; 01-11-2010, 11:56 PM.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Hang on a sec - You said that you are fine with Meto's ZMR interview, why the sudden backflip? The 3-name solution ain't happening for you anymore?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga
              why UMD on the spot and not others?
              Because they claim to represent the Macedonian Diaspora, that's why.
              "noone can do anything now"
              What a great attitude.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Buktop,

UMD said it did not support the Interim Accord and ducked responding to the Framework Agreement. However, as usual, UMD is flip-flopping.

UMD has used the Interim Accord and Framework agreements as supportive arguments in many of their press releases - why would they do that unless they believed these agreements were legitimate and justified?
                UMD has highlighted the fact that the Interim Accord was broken, this does not mean it supports the Accord, it means they are stating facts, and they advocate the government withdrawing from the Accord.

UMD has already posted you links concerning their stance on the Ohrid agreement, it might benefit you to look at them.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

UMD in many instances has objected to Greek actions (such as the veto at NATO) and to demonstrate that these actions were unjust or "illegal", they have used the Interim Accord to support their claim. Why would you do that unless you believed the Interim Accord was legitimate?

As for the Framework Agreement, Meto provided his own version of history.

Buktop, you've got nothing new to add here, other than parroting UMDs greatness.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                    • Dec 2009

question

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Because they claim to represent the Macedonian Diaspora, that's why.

What a great attitude.
                    can anyone be 100% perfect? im not, nor are you, so why will UMD be?

what macedonians can do to change things is have god darn more babies and resettle the tetovo/gostivar area. koi ti je krev? everyone moved out, macedonians have one baby, albanians have 10.

but sorry im not going back to macedonia to have 10 babies, my future is not in macedonia, and i really doubt any of you will go back too. its easy for us in the emigrant communities to say what we believe, when we were not born in macedonia, never lived there, dont pay taxes, dont vote, dont have to live next door to albanians, and much more.

my energy is going to be spent on grease. albania gives macedonians rights too and just today appointed a macedonian to a government posting in Korca, read MINA. i think this is super. my worry is bulgaria and bulgarians more than anyone else.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Talks do not connote an intention for compromising the name, identity, culture or language. I think that there is a big misconception concerning the terms "talk" and "negotiation"

Supporting talks does not mean you support selling out.
                      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                      Our long awaited hour will draw near
                      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                        • Dec 2009

name them

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        TK,

Most Macedonian diaspora organisations actively opposed (and continue to do so) both the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement. UMD is the only one that I am aware of to have called for its enforcement, advertise them as "progression" and use them as supportive arguments.

If we followed the argument that "noone can do anything now" and accepted the status quo, then we would still have been part of Yugoslavia. Remember Denko Maleski? He used the same scaremongering tactics that we see from UMD/Buktop & Co.

And if we were to accept your argument that "noone can do anything now", then why even bother having a 'cause'? Just accept the status quo and go along with whatever happens.
                        name the organisations that 'actively oppose' the interim accord and the framework agreement? i want to find a 100% perfect organisation.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

MOCS in Sydney, Alexanders Descendants in Canberra/Perth, the NSW Macedonian Community Council - three should be enough to get you started.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

I think Buktop voted for the continuation of the talks...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Buktop, did you give up on this thread?

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                                • Dec 2009

which thread

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Hang on a sec - You said that you are fine with Meto's ZMR interview, why the sudden backflip? The 3-name solution ain't happening for you anymore?
                                damn, does this forum have moderators? every thread is about UMD and Meto, isnt their anything else to talk about?

i never said i agreed to a 3-name solution, you did. the place my great grandparents come from is called macedonia, to me it is called macedonia, it will always be called macedonia to me and my entire family. if anyone wants to be my friend they need to accept my name. did you vote solider? or because UMD organised the poll you are not interested?

Comment

Working...
                                X