X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Just take the whole bottle.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Just take the whole bottle.
      SoM - I am starting to get the impression that you don't like me much.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
        Sorry V - I am not a board member and we might be working with different definitions of mud-slinging but if the above is a civilized debate then I'm going to pour myself a double.
        I wasn't referring to you as a Board Member. By not making reference to specific "mud-slinging" you're using the tired old UMD tactic of "everyone's jealous and/or hates us". If you're going to make an accusation, then back it up.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

RtG - it was pretty obvious that he argued the Democratic thing to play devil's advocate and challenge the concept with you - no need to get so hostile. He also made it quite clear that the he does not advocate any other name except Republic of Macedonia.

I was surprised that he made that offer - i wouldn't have - life's too short and I don't think you have any intention of changing your position regardless of what anyone could say.

Smile RtG - everyone needs to lighten up a bit.
          Oh, he was being funny about changing Macedonia's name to Democratic Macedonia. I get it now. There I was thinking we were actually debating something. Me winning, him losing miserably.

That was a good one.

My equally humourous response .... UMD

Hey, here is another joke:

Q: How many UMD apologists does it take to interpret anything UMD says in a favourable fashion.
          A: Never enough (apparently).
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

SoM - I am starting to get the impression that you don't like me much.
            I am sure as a person you're a good bloke, but I don't like what you stand for and what you persistently defend. I am not the only one. 44 out of 46 members at teh MTO that voted on the below poll share the same sentiments.

You have Macedonians from Australia, America, Canada and Europe all saying the same thing. Are they all wrong, or are we to take the word of Meto, the screw and you, as gospel, just because some of you seem to be under some delusional concept that this is an Australian anti-American 'thing' we have going? Just have a look at you guys and the way you apologetically try and manipulate and re-interpret Meto's own treacherous statements.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Seriously Mr Brandy and Stravdziger, you are not really making the UMD look good at all. Why not just say you cannot speak on behalf of the UMD and nor can they?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• indigen
                • May 2009

He also made it quite clear that the he does not advocate any other name except Republic of Macedonia.
                Advocating entry into EU and NATO under the terms of the "Interim Accord" is advocating for FYROM and ENDORSEMENT of the TREASONOUS "IA" itself! If you or anyone else can not comprehend that, then you have an IQ of an OVCA (Sheep) and are beyond redemption, IMHO! :-)

FYI: Macedonia's rightful name is MACEDONIA and the addition of the constitutional reference "Republic" is a COMPROMISE OFFER that is being deceptively presented as being the "real and only" name of the country.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Meto's pathetic attempt to cover up the fact that the letter from various Congressmen calls on Macedonia to enter NATO as FYROM and continue negotiations in order to find a compromise name.

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  19 Members of Congress sent a letter today to President Barack Obama urging him to actively encourage the United States’ NATO allies to offer Macedonia a formal invitation to become a member of the alliance at the Lisbon Summit this upcoming November. Led by Congressman Earl Pomeroy (D-North Dakota) and Congresswoman Candice Miller (R-Michigan), the letter stated “Macedonia’s future in Euro-Atlantic institutions, as well as the security and stability of Southeast Europe, must no longer be negatively affected by bilateral issues with Greece.” Copies of the letter were sent to Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

Read letter here: http://www.umdiaspora.org
                  Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Julie,

Did you read the full text of the letter? Particularly this senctence:

This proposed membership under the FYROM terminology. Something which I thought there was a consensus against on this forum.

This is nothing more than UMD marketing American foreign policy - continued negotiations, continued use of FYROM and membership of organisations without demonstrating their benefit to the Macedonian people.
                  Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  The letter does not say FYROM once...Macedonia NEVER STARTED THEIR MEMBERSHIP ACTION PLAN AS FYROM!

FYROM is repulsive! And no Macedonian should ever even say the acronym!
                  Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                  Meto, what are you playing at exactly?

The NATO Membership Action Plan for Macedonia was started in 1999 and under the name 'The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia'.

Do you find "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" to be any more acceptable than "FYROM"? Seriously, are you now lobbying for Macedonia to be referred to as "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" and not "FYROM", as opposed to be lobbying for Macedonia to be referred to as Macedonia?

I mean really, that misses the entire point now doesn't it?
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• stravdziger
                    • Sep 2010

I was surprised that he made that offer - i wouldn't have - life's too short and I don't think you have any intention of changing your position regardless of what anyone could say.

Thanks, Brandy - but honestly, I'm not surprised to see these characters sidestep an offer for an open and authentic debate... such a debate would only lead to greater understanding, and that's not the ultimate motive behind their behavior on this thread. They prefer to keep it as hostile and acrimonious as possible, because that serves their hidden agenda better. However, I'm still confident that cooler heads might eventually prevail, and other members of the MTO community will come around to understanding that there's much more to the story on this topic than Hristakis and Evangelos have led their countrymen to believe.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Screwdriver,

You and UMD are avoiding an open and honest debate - we have posed a number of questions to you that you refuse to answer. These questions are the key issues facing Macedonia and the Macedonian people. If you and UMD do not feel they are, then perhaps claiming you are the leading Macedonian diaspora organisation is not appropriate.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Perhaps the Screwdriver can provide us with more information surrounding this:

In recent months, Albanians had an uproar over the Macedonian Encyclopaedia and disputed a number of articles that suggested Albanians arrived in Macedonia during the 16th century, that the US supported NLA forces and that Ali Ahmeti may be guilty of war crimes.

UMD’s response to this was as follows:

We understand the frustrations that ethnic Albanians feel regarding the mistakes contained within the Macedonian Encyclopedia. However, we remind everyone and Mr. Krasniqi that MANU is reviewing and has promised to correct these mistakes, with input from well-regarded Albanian-Macedonian academics,” said UMD Director of Public Policy, Boban Jovanovski”.

UMD Media Release
                        24 September 2009
                        <A href="http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/432/1/" target=_blank><A href="http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/432/1/" target=_blank>http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/432/1/
                        What mistakes was UMD referring to and what evidence does it have to support their position?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Maybe the Screwdriver can inform us as to what happened with UMD's VISA Card with the Sonce on it?

http://www.macedoniaontheweb.com/for...gulations.html

http://www.cyprusactionnetwork.org/s..._upsets_greeks

Perhaps the Screwdriver can also inform us on the chances of UMD backing down over its VISA Card with Alexander the Great?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Perhaps the Screwdriver can also inform us why UMD recently supported the Framework Agreement and in a pathetic attempt to justify it, Meto provided false legal and historical facts to mislead viewers here?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Vangelovski, how do you feel when a Macedonian calls you "Evangelos".
                              When a Macedonian wants to refer to me with a Greek sounding name, I feel it is an attack on my identity and that I am to be understood as being lesser of a Macedonian due to my ancestry being from Greek occupied Macedonia. If such a person were in front of me and attempting such folly, I would let them know on a number of levels how disgusted I am with him.

Stravdziger, given my previous discussion about my name and your usage of the offensive "Hristakis", please be advised that it will be my pleasure to delete you if you do it again. And I would look forward to meeting with you one day to see how I could possibly help you out of your defective personality.

Stravdziger, you have hinted that this website is a forum front for the AMHRC. You have also suggested Democratic Macedonia is acceptable to you in preference to FYROM. You are wrong on both counts. I can give you a precise date when the moderators met with the leadership of AMHRC and it was well over 1 year after the commencement of this website. Any support the MTO has given AMHRC is because of their transparency and capability to follow through with measurable actions. Naturally, they are only as good as their last initiative.

Either way, an open and authentic debate has occurred. You tried to justify Democratic Macedonia in a fashion quite similar to the UMD has. You simply cannot make a winning argument out of such stupidity. To put it simply, you can't polish a turd.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                Seriously Mr Brandy and Stravdziger, you are not really making the UMD look good at all. Why not just say you cannot speak on behalf of the UMD and nor can they?
                                This is exactly the main problem, zero control over their own board member's and conference guest speakers and it has become a very bad joke. Look at the people that were invited to speak in 2010 and it will lead you to many of the problems.

This is all very simple, really it is folks.
                                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 11-08-2010, 10:30 PM.
                                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

Working...
                                X