View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
That is a good question. To briefly sum it up, in the months and couple years before the Illinden uprising, those Macedonians belonging to the external Macedonian committee, as well as some Bulgarians, managed to basically slither their way into control of the internal Macedonian committee. They also managed to influence some Macedonians of the internal committee of the "friendliness" or honesty of Bulgaria. The internal committee leadership was now becoming a pawn of The external committee, which was influenced by Bulgarian interests. Macedonians like Delchev, Sandanski, Petrov and Misirkov were against this take over and especially against an uprising in 1903. They didn't believe Macedonians were ready to actually defeat the Turks. The other leaders also knew this, but they hedged their bets on European intervention.

I hope that helps. Not to plug my book, but to plug it, I wrote about this conflict between the external and internal committees in a few chapters of my book The Macedonian Resurrection. I think it can be a very confusing topic because the external committee was the one that received most of the publicity in the western media during that time period. In reality, the two committees were almost constantly feuding.Delchev and Petrov especially had a hatred for them, and Sandanski began opposing the internal committee leaders once the Bulgairans and external committee members took it over.
Does help but still doesn't explain why Misirkov claims that Tartarchev WAS a patriotic Macedonian but now is a Bulgarian
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote