• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Areianos
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Areianos, why do you keep parroting this nonsense?

Please tell me since when the above highlighted part is true.....

Well, why isn't it? What do you mean keep parroting? I was born in Macedonia and have visited it on countless occasions. That was not parroting nor false statement, it is the reality. Feel free to visit Thessaloniki, Veroia, Kavala, Kozani, Pella for yourself to see what I exactly mean.

Comment

• Areianos
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      Could you please explain how the 2.5 million Greeks in the Greek part of Macedonia are connected with the Ancients.
      We have never claimed pureness, but even if we had 5% Greek blood we are still Greeks and a connection would exist.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
        Banned
        • Sep 2008

In all societies the majority always rule eventually.The slavs who came from the East overwhelmed the other people like the Bulgars,Paeonians,Avars and pushed the Illyrians out and the dacians into their corner of today's Romania.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Truth Bearer View Post
          It's called language my northern friend.Our language has survived the ages unlike other languages that have dissapeared.Greek was spoken right throughout the Balkans yet by the 10th century it disapeared in the northern part of the Balkans.In the southern part though it survived how is this so?How can a language survive if the people who speak it as their mother tongue are not Greek??
          Gold Medal!
          Why not adopt French now. It sounds nicer.
          None of my people spoke Greek before the mind-meld.
          Metaxas had more to do with it than your mother's tongue.
          I am sure you would agree that fascism has its place in the world.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Truth Bearer
            Banned
            • Sep 2008

As much as Tito forced people to change their names from OV to SKI so what's the difference Risto??

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

As much as Tito forced people to change their names from OV to SKI so what's the difference Risto??
              Oh I am not sure.
              My people come from modern Greece.
              My ancestors names finished in SKI and O.
              But it is interesting how you compare what Tito allowed versus what has happened in Greece over the last few decades.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Oh I am not sure.
                My people come from modern Greece.
                My ancestors names finished in SKI and O.
                But it is interesting how you compare what Tito allowed versus what has happened in Greece over the last few decades.
                Where was Tito when Pulevski wrote his Macedonian dictionary in 1875?
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

My great great grandfather who fought the Ottomans was Jankovski, the komiti called him Jankula. Hm that is before Tito.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Are you obviously refering to the Vlach called Gjorgjija Pulevski by the way he died in Sofia where he resided in his last years........Why would a proud "Macedonian" who advocated a free and independant Macedonia would go and live in Sofia in the heart of the arch enemy?
                    Last edited by Truth Bearer; 09-06-2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

And by the way there is only a handfull of "vskis" before 1944......

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Lets see what else we find about Georgi Pulevski.....

Pulevski was also active as a military volunteer in anti-Ottoman insurgencies at various times in his life. In 1862, he fought on the Serbian side as member of the Bulgarian Legion against an Ottoman siege at Belgrade. Later, during the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-1878, which led to the independence of Bulgaria, he was leader ("voijvod") of a unit of volunteers fighting on the Russian-Bulgarian side,taking part in the Battle of Shipka Pass. After the war, he went to live in the newly liberated Bulgarian capital Sofia. Also he expressed his regret about the missunification between Principality of Bulgaria and Macedonia in a request to the Bulgarian Parliament. Later Pulevski received a government pension in recognition of his service as a Bulgarian volunteer, until his death in 1895. It have to be pointed, there were a number of occasions in which Pulevski was regarded as ethnic Bulgarian by Serbian, Russian and Bulgarian authorities.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                          • Sep 2008

Wikipedia is not a credible source
                          "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Credible or not why would a proud Macedonian go live & die in Sofia Bulgaria??

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                              • Sep 2008

Credible or not why would a proud Macedonian go live & die in Sofia Bulgaria??
                              Why would that matter at all? Their were proud Macedonians and VMRO members in Austria and other areas.......Your point is?
                              "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2008

Then lets see what type of books did the great man write...

In 1880, Pulevski published Slavjano-naseljenski makedonska slognica rečovska ('Grammar of the language of the Macedonian Slavic population'), a work that is today known as the first attempt at a grammar of Macedonian. In it, Pulevski systematically contrasted his language, which he called našinski ("our language") or slavjano-makedonski ("Slavo-Macedonian") with both Serbian and Bulgarian. All records of this book were lost during the first half of 20th century and only discovered again in the 1950s in Sofia. Owing to the writer's lack of formal training as a grammarian and dialectologist, it is today considered of limited descriptive value; however, it has been characterised as "seminal in its signaling of ethnic and linguistic consciousness but not sufficiently elaborated to serve as a codification",

Finally, in 1892, Pulevski completed the first Slavjanomakedonska opšta istorija (General History of the Macedonian Slavs), a large manuscript with over 1700 pages.

I don't understand why he's calling his ethnicity Slavo Macedonian.Do you agree with this or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X