View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #128
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by makedonin View Post
That is only a dodge! Although that is partially true, slaves could have been bought for money! They could have been forced to labor only for food!

You could have been born slave as well, and the master would have been nice to you and give you food for that.

Look at here:

It was not like they were pets and all was milk and honey for the slaves:

What is the difference with the concept of today?

Slave is a property of the one who bought him, he can be beaten up with a rod!

Nice concept, wouldn't you say?
Makedonin,

I think you need to look into 'exegesis' before you can make any sense.

Quote:
Exegesis includes a wide range of critical disciplines: textual criticism is the investigation into the history and origins of the text, but exegesis may include the study of the historical and cultural backgrounds for the author, the text, and the original audience. Other analysis includes classification of the type of literary genres present in the text, and an analysis of grammatical and syntactical features in the text itself.
Once you have gained a basic understanding of exegesis, or read the work of someone who does, then you may actually start making some sense. At the moment, you're not doing yourself any justice.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote