• Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

Close to $6,000 has been raised!
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

UMD, I thought you needed $5000?
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

UMD Expresses Disappointment Over European Union Council of Ministers’ Conclusion

Read full press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/449/1/

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) expresses its disappointment over yesterday’s conclusion by the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers to revisit opening of Macedonia’s accession negotiations during the Spanish Presidency in the first half of 2010. The Council further concluded that a mutually acceptable solution on the “name issue” is essential, hinting that the solving of the “name issue” may be a prerequisite to opening accession negotiations.

Comment

• indigen
          • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
          Read full press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/449/1/

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) expresses its disappointment over yesterday’s conclusion by the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers to revisit opening of Macedonia’s accession negotiations during the Spanish Presidency in the first half of 2010. The Council further concluded that a mutually acceptable solution on the “name issue” is essential, hinting that the solving of the “name issue” may be a prerequisite to opening accession negotiations.
          "(UMD) expresses its disappointment"?
          What you gona do now?

All UMD statements have always called for an end to negotiations and no name change. On a November 13, 2009 Facebook wall post, the UMD President Metodija A. Koloski posted the following in Macedonian:

“Ako Makedonija ne dobie datum za pregovori vo Evropskata Unija na 7mi dekemvri poradi nejziniot sosed Grcija, Makedonija treba da se povlechi od pregovorite i da bara re-vlez vo Obedinetite Nacii pod ustavnoto ime Republika Makedonija.”
          Is this is not just hot air and a smokescreen when we compare what is in your current statement?

The Republic of Macedonia has, in good faith, requested accession to the EU based on its satisfaction of the requirements set down by the EU for all prospective members. On the other hand, the Hellenic Republic has opposed Macedonia’s accession on the grounds that its name represents an implicit threat to the territorial integrity of Greece. At the very least, our disappointment is tempered since the decision is not completely ‘Bucharest-style’ and open-ended,” said Spasevski.
          UMD continues to fully support Macedonia’s membership in Euro-Atlantic institutions and will work together with Macedonia to assist the country on its path to integration. UMD encourages Macedonia to continue its important reform agenda necessary to improve the socio-economic stability of the country, and hopes that the Macedonian citizens will not be discouraged. Macedonia is a leader among the Western Balkans in fulfilling the requirements for full NATO membership and opening of EU accession negotiations. UMD hopes that NATO and the EU will recognize Macedonia’s chosen path to be fully integrated into the Euro-Atlantic family of nations.
          On the road to nowhere and without Macedonian nationalist ideological foundations!

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

UMD were anti-Macedonian from the begginning. Because of our criticism, they are just a little more sophisticated in how they present themselves these days, but fundamentally their ideology and vision for Macedonia as a land based on citizenship, and not ethnicity (classic Trajkovski'ism's), has not change.

If these UMD people had been allowed to continue calling for name changes, and continue supporting the negotations without any criticism, they would have sold us by now. I believe they still intend to. Nothing has convinced they have substantially changed their ideology in this regard.

What I regret is not copying the things said at Maknews a few years ago, because it was the free and liberal comments made by UMD board members in that forum that really concerned me. Members of UMD across the board were hoping for a name change and worshipping the E.U. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.

Comment

• Dejan
              • Sep 2008

I am neutral towards UMD, but I can also see that this statement is quite weak
              You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

UMD understands your anger towards NATO and the EU; UMD shares the same beliefs with you about this situation but as the leading Macedonian organization in the world, we need to show diplomacy to earn the respect of the European countries who did not give us the support during the Council of Ministers meetings. There are 3 P's of advocacy and that is persistence, patience, and professionalism.

UMD representatives were in Brussels the last few days and witnessed first-hand the little or no knowledge the European institutions and citizens have about Macedonia. Europe does not know Macedonia. UMD was in Brussels to gain as much support for Macedonia as possible. It is not easy because the Greek diaspora in Europe, and the Greek diplomacy, have succeeded in entering all levels of European institutions. UMD will be establishing stronger European operations in the following months as UMD sees the need to assist Macedonia at the European level.

UMD's positions regarding the name of Macedonia, and the problems Macedonian minorities in Bulgaria and Greece face were reiterated in all meetings.

Comment

• indigen
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  UMD understands your anger towards NATO and the EU
                  Hahaha, you're a JOKE, METO!!!

Did the "UMD" have a board meeting on this? If yes, was it a unanimous decision?

Since the "UMD" CLAIMS to speak for "ALL MACEDONIANS" (MEGALOMANIA GONE BERSERK!!!), (how) did you consult them before sending out what is, IMO, useless dribble in their name?

UMD shares the same beliefs with you about this situation
                  In you warped delusions, METO! Some of us do not worship as heroes the TRAITORS who "FRAMED" Macedonia in Ohrid (2001), as you do Boris Trajkovski.

but as the leading Macedonian organization in the world
                  Hahaha, you are SUFFERING from delusional sickness, IMO! I hope you don't start to think that you are Napoleon and decide to take Moscow in the winter. :-)
                  Last edited by indigen; 12-13-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

I hope that you are not a student of Political Science so that you can plead ignorance, because you have no clue of what you are talking about Indigen, and if you decided to listen to Pelister aka Paul I would like to know why you chose to listen to such a fantastic liar.
                    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                    Our long awaited hour will draw near
                    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                      UMD were anti-Macedonian from the begginning. Because of our criticism, they are just a little more sophisticated in how they present themselves these days, but fundamentally their ideology and vision for Macedonia as a land based on citizenship, and not ethnicity (classic Trajkovski'ism's), has not change.

If these UMD people had been allowed to continue calling for name changes, and continue supporting the negotations without any criticism, they would have sold us by now. I believe they still intend to. Nothing has convinced they have substantially changed their ideology in this regard.

What I regret is not copying the things said at Maknews a few years ago, because it was the free and liberal comments made by UMD board members in that forum that really concerned me. Members of UMD across the board were hoping for a name change and worshipping the E.U. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.
                      Why don't you come out and say why you have this agenda against UMD, did they steal your lolipop or kick your dog?

You have been called out numerous times for being a liar and an exceptional propogandist, why don't YOU answer some questions for once? Or are you going to run away and avoid the toughies as usual?
                      Last edited by Buktop; 12-11-2009, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

I would also like to ask both Pelister and Indigen if they are involved with ANY diaspora groups and/or personal endeavors regarding Macedonia? If they answer honestly I believe this will answer the question as to why they continue these personal vendetta's against UMD.

By the way, I am not a member of UMD

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                          I hope that you are not a student of Political Science so that you can plead ignorance, because you have no clue of what you are talking about Indigen, and if you decided to listen to Pelister aka Paul I would like to know why you chose to listen to such a fantastic liar.
                          Pelister/Paul is WORTHY of RESPECT, and he has mine!

I have not said anything that I can not backup, so (briefly) what is your problem?

FYI: I know Meto (on Internet) from way back when he first started posting on Makedon Discussion List (and he is lucky the archives have been deleted) and some other fora, he had left a lot tracks and marks. He bombarded, annoyed and frustrated many a Macedonian over the years, I have a few gems saved. :-)

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

UMD Urges Bulgaria and Greece to Recognize the Macedonian Minority Within Its Border

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) in commemoration of the 61st Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights urges Bulgaria and Greece to recognize the existence of the Macedonian minority within its borders. UMD calls upon the European Union to ensure that their two member states Bulgaria and Greece uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities.

Read full press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/450/1/

Comment

• King Makedon
                              • Apr 2009

I'm not disappointed. It was so easily to foresee that something like this would happen.

We don't need anyway EU and NATO. It's better to be neutral like swiss.

We are independent. Let's not forget about that. It's our freedom. We make ourselves our laws.
                              ]
                              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Hint for the UMD. The Diaspora is mighty excited by the strong statements made by Ivanov and Gruevski lately. As an example, the RtGD (Risto the Great Diaspora) would have sent a public letter to Gruevski and Co. thanking them for remaining steadfast and strong in their beliefs about our inviolable identity.

The Diaspora is "hard-line" on these matters. The UMD purports to be the voice of the Diaspora yet does not echo quite the same sentiment.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X