• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    make some moves player.
    Sorry SoM, you spelled it wrong .... it is "playa".
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

In all seriousness, anyone who can help out with this, please contact me via PM.
      I've been dealing with the banks here in AU but UMD just isn't big enough yet for them. That's not to say we won't keep pushing it, but all help is much appreciated and needed

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

Hey rogi wats up this is a cool forum.
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• ZAS
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          ZAS, haven't you got contacts, you talk as if you've been in the game for years, make some moves player.
          Sorry SOM, not my area, what GAME are you talking about????
          You have me confused.

Comment

• BigMak
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

I'm a member but in all seriousness UMD for me is a US-organisation it really doesn't do much for people in WA (WESTERN AUSTRALIA)

Comment

• ZAS
              • May 2009

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
              I'm a member but in all seriousness UMD for me is a US-organisation it really doesn't do much for people in WA (WESTERN AUSTRALIA)
              You should be their REPRESENTATIVE in WA.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Z Apostolovski's Student View Post
                Sorry SOM, not my area, what GAME are you talking about????
                You have me confused.
                You know what i'm talking about, you seem to know 'insider' information about sensitive topics that you don't wish to elaborate on (even though you are the one who mentioned them in the first place), at least you seem to think so. You must be a heavy 'playa' (there you go RtG) in the game mate, with your non-compromising attitude and your connections you'd make the perfect candidate for UMD representative, don't you reckon?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• BigMak
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Z Apostolovski's Student View Post
                  You should be their REPRESENTATIVE in WA.
                  that would be a huge mission in itself the Macedonians in Perth are as United as what water is to a bucket with a 3 holes in it.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

BigMak you brought up a great point regarding Perth. UMD has an Australian Branch based out of Melbourne and Canberra. Our Director for Australian Operations is Ordan Andreevski and can be contacted at [email protected]

In regards to Perth, UMD plans to open up operations there early 2010. UMD President Metodija A. Koloski will be visiting Australia for a country-wide tour visiting all Macedonian communities in February/March.
                    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Apply for the UMD Internship Program in Washington, D.C.

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world. The UMD is a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., UMD has an office in Melbourne, Australia and Toronto, Canada and representatives in Paris, London, Brussels, Vienna, Kiev, St. Petersburg, and Stuttgart.

UMD’s purpose is to offer Macedonians throughout the world a forum where their voice can be heard, to advance their interests, emphasize the importance of enhanced understanding between the global community and Macedonian people, as well as supporting democracy, freedom, peace and prosperity in the state of Macedonia, and Southeastern Europe.

Objectives
                      • Safeguard the rights of Macedonians around the world;
                      • Strengthen the unity among the Macedonian Diaspora;
                      • Act with and on behalf of Macedonian communities before governmental and international bodies;
                      • Cooperate with the world community, promoting the universal ideas of peace, freedom, self-determination, and equality.

Policy Issues
                      • Advance Macedonian interests through educational advocacy, charitable efforts, and social and cultural events;
                      • Support the Republic of Macedonia's constitutional and rightful name;
                      • Defend the Macedonian ethnic identity;
                      • Support the human rights of Macedonians in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, and Serbia;
                      • Improve relations among Macedonia and the United States, Canada, Australia, Russia, European Union, and support accession into NATO and the EU.

Intern reports to: President

The UMD offers internships throughout the year. The internship program is designed for undergraduate and graduate students interested in U.S. foreign policy towards Macedonia and Southeast Europe. The internship can serve as an effective means to introduce and advance a future career in foreign policy, journalism, public relations, human rights, advocacy, government, or the nonprofit sector.

The responsibilities of the intern may include:

• monitoring legislation and congressional hearings;
                      • liaison with Congressional offices and advocating on subjects vital to the UMD;
                      • attending events throughout Washington, D.C.;
                      • conducting research on issues affecting U.S.-Macedonia and U.S.-Southeast Europe relations;
                      • preparing memoranda;
                      • drafting letters to the Congress and the Executive Branch;
                      • drafting press releases, monitoring human rights in Southeast Europe;
                      • organizing events throughout the U.S. and the world; and;
                      • assisting with general administrative duties.

The organization extensively works on EU-related issues as well and the intern will gain considerable insight and experience into how the EU operates.

The internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students. Prospective applicants from a variety of academic majors are welcome, and all majors are eligible.

Candidates for UMD should expect to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the academic year and 35 hours per week during the summer. This position is unpaid.

GPA must be 3.5 and above.

Qualifications/Skills:

• Ability to work independently;
                      • Highly motivated, responsible and reliable individual with strong research and writing skills;
                      • Excellent oral communication skills;
                      • Strong organization skills;
                      • Comfortable with public speaking;
                      • Good at problem solving and developing his/her own initiatives;
                      • Team player.

Students that are interested to learn more about the current state of affairs in Macedonia and Southeast Europe are welcomed to apply for an internship with UMD.

To apply for an internship, please send a copy of your resume, writing sample(s), and a brief description about your interests in the Southeast European region, especially Macedonia, to UMD President Metodija A. Koloski at [email protected].

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Umdiaspora.org, is the UMD willing to embrace the Macedonian Cause as it is presently defined in this forum?

If not, I would like an explanation as to why.

Thanks in advance.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                          • Oct 2009

You can direct such questions to [email protected] and a UMD representative will get back to you.

To read UMD's mission, click http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/31/67/
                          To read UMD's vision, click http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/32/68/
                          To learn about UMD's position on Macedonia, click http://umdiaspora.org/content/blogcategory/21/51/
                          To learn about UMD's position regarding civil rights, click http://umdiaspora.org/content/blogcategory/22/52/

UMD will be publishing its up-to-date policy positions in the coming months. For all policy related questions, please direct to UMD Director of Public Policy Boban Jovanovski at [email protected]

Thank you.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Well, I was going to tell you to email [email protected] the next time you wanted to place an advertisement on this website. But decided it was immature. Notwithstanding this, I genuinely wish to clarify some nagging issues that need to be put to rest for the benefit of Macedonians in the Diaspora.

I have emailed the following text to [email protected]:

Hello there fellow Macedonians.

I am one of the Administrators on the Macedonian Truth forum.
                            The following link defines a "work in progreess" we call the Macedonian Cause.
                            This thread is solely devoted to our combined efforts in defining the Macedonian Cause. Please post your feedback, additions and changes in this thread. The moderators will edit this first post to include your changes until we have all agreed on a complete, perfect, unwavering and timeless definition of the Macedonian Cause. --

I am convinced that an adherence to this cause by organisations representing Macedonians abroad will ensure a consistency and familiarity between organisations that will in time help to form an umbrella that all can benefit from.
                            Can I ask you if you find any of the wording offensive?
                            If the UMD is not willing to embrace such a cause then I would like to know where specifically it departs from the sentiments conveyed. Suggested changes, if deemed necessary, to the wording would be appreciated.

For the benefit of the forum participants, I would like to make your response public and wish to advise you in advance.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org
                              You can direct such questions to [email protected] and a UMD representative will get back to you.
                              What a disappointing response. Aren't you a representative, or are you a machine incapable of responding to such a simple question?
                              Originally posted by RtG
                              Well, I was going to tell you to email [email protected] the next time you wanted to place an advertisement on this website. But decided it was immature.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                                In all seriousness, anyone who can help out with this, please contact me via PM.
                                I've been dealing with the banks here in AU but UMD just isn't big enough yet for them. That's not to say we won't keep pushing it, but all help is much appreciated and needed
                                Why join an anti-Macedonian organization ?

UMD support the negotiations, therefore they support Greece within that framework. They support our admission into NATO as FYROM.

Many good Macedonians (and bad) have been sucked in by organizations such as this one, before. It represents its members ! Not the Macedonian diaspora. Their vision for Macedonia should be what is concerning us - what they want for Macedonia 1) E.U and NATO Membership, and 2) How to get there. Negotiating our Macedonian Nationality, and even changing it, argue UMD, is the ONLY way.

Comment

Working...
                                X