Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I like the acoustic one. Clean and trippy.
    Well done.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• JPMKD
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      I like the acoustic one. Clean and trippy.
      Well done.
      Thanks! I have that one set to link a psychedellic song to the blues rock one.
      I'm trying to mix things better in my spare time now that work is back on.
      Redid a lot of earlier vocal mixes based some solid feedback.
      I'll have to dig into tthe Mil collection again. And, I guess a repost is a good. I may do so again
      Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
        • Mar 2016

Here's an instrumental collaboration. My favorite Maco-American guitarist plays bass on this one and also does the lead at about 55seconds to 1:35 and 3:45ish to 4min. Then it's a mix for 30 seconds. (Was asked to play a lead and got inspired to write the bass part)

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

And updated and remixed in time for Australian and American Christmas, a NSFW song of hope:https://soundcloud.com/user-12821670...-fucking-virus
        Last edited by JPMKD; 12-24-2020, 11:22 PM.
        Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

JPMKD, you are an angry man ;-)
          I can hear a lot of Sabbath influence there in both.
          Good stuff and your production skills are improving with every release.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• JPMKD
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            JPMKD, you are an angry man ;-)
            I can hear a lot of Sabbath influence there in both.
            Good stuff and your production skills are improving with every release.
            Thanks for the feedback! Anger is a gift (Stupid virus)
            Yes, Sabbath is an influence, Zeppelin, AC/DC, AIC, Rush about round out my go to's. I like a lot of diverse stuff though.
            Remixed several for levels in December.
            The production on Groove.. is all my friend, I simply mixed in a double-tracked lead and bass over his finished product. Now he's taken the leads and used mostly separated tracks and transposed it to some keyboard and it's now a theme in a 7 minute epic. He added vocals too. He's not quite ready to hit go on it yet. ( I think his late stage production needs more bass. LOL. No really it does...)
            He's looking into Soundcloud, his brother is one of the 3 I follow. (Pic with the Strat)
            Last edited by JPMKD; 12-29-2020, 09:44 AM.
            Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Amphipolis
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Multi-talented Dimitris Starovas, mostly known in Greece as... a comedian, plays Sultans of Swing 100% (?) perfectly.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Beautiful playing
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

A fair few new tracks of mine published in recent times.

An 80s inspired bit of pop sillyness. it sounds like he's quite keen on someone, but sometimes it can go a little too far! Sometimes there's no choice!

Cheesy 80s inspired pop. Mildly disturbing lyrics.

A strange kind of pop song with lots of synth amusement and guitars, of course.

No idea about this one. Chill? Battle of guitar vs synth in the solo.

A real mix of sounds here. Used my Elektron Model:Cycles for some nice pads and melody lines. Lots of guitars and my D28 acoustic for the guitar solo. I hope you enjoy it. LYRICS: Reason, Unknown Don

Very electronic. Then countered with a long acoustic guitar solo.

All good fun. Enjoy (hopefully)
                  Last edited by Risto the Great; 03-10-2021, 05:38 PM.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• JPMKD
                    • Mar 2016

Cool Risto. I'll have to check these out!
                    I recently update the Moonshine and Mayhem song ( better mix, added a classic 70's effect). https://soundcloud.com/user-12821670/moonshineandmayhem

I have a new batch coming soon. Mix of heavy and light
                    Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
                      • Mar 2016

Risto! The new stuff is really good! I love the 80's tune
                      Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
                        • Mar 2016

First one of a new batch: instrumental: https://soundcloud.com/jimnowm/holiday-blues

Also, did a username change (too close to others and that jam comapny!!) So old links won't work. Main Page (NSFW Virus track is up first)https://soundcloud.com/jimnowm

Here's a few of the softer ones....

What The Folk- Song 2 of The Covid Chronicles: Book2 Main Instrument: Seagull Merlin (See photo) Nowm- Merlin Jancevski- Acoustic 6 string Finah and Jones- Claves, Guiro, djembe, steel bar, bowl

Song 2 of The Covid Chronicles Book 1 (UPDATED 9.30.20)) Guitar: Fender Stratocaster, Gibson SG, Les Paul Standard Guest bass, percussion and Les Paul lead by by my good friend AK-67 (A little crea
                        Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Well, I summoned my inner rock god and failed. But I made a new rock guitar oriented tune here:

As always, noodling with the guitars and ended up making a song. I figured I may as well post a picture of some of my guitars here! Inspired by my own bestselling book about a man who became a Shaolin
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Introducing my son on this pretty chill track here. You will know when he is singing, he's the one that sounds good!

Keep an eye out for oPaul ... he is about to unleash his music on the world, and it will be worth it.

A pretty chill track I made with my lovely D18 acoustic and some electronic blips. The bonus is the delicate supporting vocals from a very new talent about to be unleashed on an unsuspecting world. In
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• YuriB
                              • Jan 2019

Lately, this piece by the Secret Trio and Ara Dinkjian is one of my favorites! You'll also be delighted to know that the clarino (shorter clarinet) player is Ismail Lumanovski, a Macedonian from Bitola! At least according to Google, haha!

Is non 12 equal temperament (beyond piano keys only) common also for Macedonian music?
                              Regards,
                              A Greek supporting self-determination of Macedonians!

Comment

• Karposh
                                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by YuriB View Post
                                Lately, this piece by the Secret Trio and Ara Dinkjian is one of my favorites! You'll also be delighted to know that the clarino (shorter clarinet) player is Ismail Lumanovski, a Macedonian from Bitola! At least according to Google, haha!

Is non 12 equal temperament (beyond piano keys only) common also for Macedonian music?
                                Yeah, he's pretty good but not an ethnic Macedonian. He's a gypsy from Bitola's At Pazar where, along with the suburb of Bairo, many of Bitola's gypsies reside. I don't have any reason to doubt that he considers himself to be a Macedonian but the gypsies in Macedonia tend to align themselves with the majority ethnic group that they live amongst. In Bitola, that would be the Macedonians. In other places of Macedonia, it could be the Albanians and/or Turks. All that aside, Macedonian Wikipedia refers to him as a virtuoso who has won quite a number of musical awards.
                                I don't know much about music but I enjoy it as much as the next person. The example you gave is a bit too oriental sounding for my taste but, if you're a fan of the clarinet, then I recommend Tale Ognenovski, another virtuoso from Bitola. I'm a bit a biased, I have to admit, as Tale is actually from my very own village of Brusnik.

Comment

Working...
                                X