View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 10:22 AM   #485
Carlin

Carlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud ofCarlin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
Hey Carlin, my apologies for my total ignorance on the subject - I have never really bothered to research any of this before but I'm really interested to know how close is the Vlach language to the Albanian language? I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now. All I know so far is that both languages are Latin based or heavily influenced by Latin. Can you, for example, understand some or most of Albanian?
I don't understand or know Albanian. My knowledge of Vlach is rather basic. They are two totally different languages, even though Albanian has some Latin elements. In the past, many of my (recent) ancestors knew Albanian fluently but that's because they lived in close proximity with Albanians (they also knew Macedonian), or lived in what would later become Albania proper (around Moscopole and Korca regions).

(For example, Romanians could not really understand Albanian.)
Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote