X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nushevski77
    could you ever see a situation where the real flag is brought back officially? I can not, but it would be truly amazing.
    Considering the government is changing the name, identity, language and historiography of the country I think I would be mad to believe we'd reinstate our real flag
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Carlin
      • Dec 2011

When was the first recorded use of the real/true flag?

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
        Excellent question. I've seen photos/videos of its use dating to the late 80s. Yet to come across any from before then but the sun as a symbol itself has been in use for over a century and the Кutleš style had been appearing in churches for centuries.
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
          • Jul 2012

About the Macedonian Sun

Why is an indigenous Macedonian symbol being removed from public space?? The TRUE history about the Macedonian sun you need to hear!DONT CLICK THIS ▶ https:/...
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            Excellent question. I've seen photos/videos of its use dating to the late 80s. Yet to come across any from before then but the sun as a symbol itself has been in use for over a century and the Кutleš style had been appearing in churches for centuries.
            So no earlier than late 80s.

Comment

• VMRO
              • Sep 2008

Some Macedonians seem to like the flag.

Macedonia wins the title of Best-Looking Flag

URL:
              We wanted to see how our Maple Leaf measured up against other world flags in terms of design.

We wanted to see how our Maple Leaf measured up against other world flags in terms of design.

For the past three weeks, we’ve run a little tournament to determine which country has the best-looking flag.

And now, we have our winner: Macedonia.

The single-elimination knockout tournament started with 64 flags and used online voting to determine winners in each round. The Maple Leaf fared well in victories over Iceland, Egypt, Australia and the Netherlands before running into Macedonia in the semifinals.

It seems Macedonians caught wind of the contest sometime around the quarterfinals, when a huge wave of support for that flag began to build, carrying the Balkan republic past Switzerland, Canada and finally the United Kingdom. The final tally in the championship round was 13,190 for Macedonia to 858 for the U.K.

Overwhelming wins for Macedonia in the last three rounds suggested a semi-organized campaign was at work, but that’s OK. After all, what is a flag for, if not to rally behind?

I think the voting was done by non Macedonians and probably mistook it for a variant of the Japanese Kamikaze flag.

Only Macedonians that would like that flag are the ones who were for a name change and selling their identity for free.

Fuck the ventilator and Miroslav Grchev the dog.
              Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                Yeah agree, more what it symbolises than the design itself. Our true flag is far more aesthetically appealing too.
                The design is a mock up of the kamikaze flag.

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

It was first linked to Ancient Macedonia in 1977 when the Royal Tomb in Kutlesh was unearthed.

Other than that it is found all over Macedonia including Orthodox churches.

Comment

• Apr 2014

I am yet to see evidence of it prior to then. But keep in mind I am referring soley to the sun in its Kutleš form on a red background. Variants had been used for over a century prior.

Comment

• sydney
                      • Sep 2008

I assume Macedonians started using it first with the red background before the Greeks with the blue?

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                        I assume Macedonians started using it first with the red background before the Greeks with the blue?
                        Oh yeah. I don't think I've seen the blue variant used prior to 1991.

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Some Macedonians seem to like the flag.
                          Excuse my sarcasm Carlin but some Macedonians also seem to like the name North Macedonia. It doesn't make it right. The flag represents all that is shitty with the republic and its "citizens".

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                          Only Macedonians that would like that flag are the ones who were for a name change and selling their identity for free. Fuck the ventilator and Miroslav Grchev the dog.
                          100% agree. Grchev has a lot to answer for. But, if I'm being honest, that anti-Macedonian cunt did manage to produce a decent proposal for the Macedonian coat of arms. It has all the traditional elements in what Macedonians see as their rightful coat of arms:
                          • The rampant golden lion on a red background
                          • The twin tail element of the lion that is present on most medieval depictions &
                          • The crown atop of the lion's head symbolising the ancient kingdom of Macedonia (really odd, considering Grchev's opposition to the republic having any association with Ancient Macedonia)

He pretty much nailed it with this one...But he's still a cunt in my book.

Well, since a flag is technically just a symbol or an emblem representing a country or a people, then around the 300's B.C. is a safe bet (but earlier of course)...Besides being stamped on various parts of their body armour as national adornments (including helmets), the most prominent place was displayed on shields. Being an easily recognisable symbol of the Macedonians, soldiers proudly carried it on their shields to announce to their enemies that they were Macedonians.

Speaking of the symbol itself, as apposed to just an official flag of a recognised political state, the Macedonian sun symbol has a tradition going back centuries among Macedonians. You can see its presence on churches frescoes, religious icons, folkloric art and even church bells.

I got the above image from a previous thread on this forum and the discussions there revealed the origins of this bell to be from the year 1904. The inclusion of this ancient Macedonian sun symbol with the word "MAKEDONIA" and the crucifix is no coincidence I feel. Although the Greek archaeologist, Manolis Andronicos, "discovered" the symbol as a clear emblem of the Ancient Macedonians back in 1977, the Macedonian bell maker who made this bell must have had some sense of the symbol's significance and connection with Macedonia and the Macedonian people. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the trouble of stamping it on there. I don't know, call it a sixth sense if you like but just because the significance of it's association with Macedonia and the Macedonian people was lost over the centuries, it's quite clear that it's usage remained among the people as seen in many of the examples I have described above.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                            100% agree. Grchev has a lot to answer for. But, if I'm being honest, that anti-Macedonian cunt did manage to produce a decent proposal for the Macedonian coat of arms. It has all the traditional elements in what Macedonians see as their rightful coat of arms:
                            • The rampant golden lion on a red background
                            • The twin tail element of the lion that is present on most medieval depictions &
                            • The crown atop of the lion's head symbolising the ancient kingdom of Macedonia (really odd, considering Grchev's opposition to the republic having any association with Ancient Macedonia)

He pretty much nailed it with this one...But he's still a cunt in my book.
                            Would much prefer this as our coat of arms, especially as it has been used as such since at least the 14th century. Possibly earlier but I have not encountered heraldry before this.

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                            Speaking of the symbol itself, as apposed to just an official flag of a recognised political state, the Macedonian sun symbol has a tradition going back centuries among Macedonians. You can see its presence on churches frescoes, religious icons, folkloric art and even church bells.

I got the above image from a previous thread on this forum and the discussions there revealed the origins of this bell to be from the year 1904. The inclusion of this ancient Macedonian sun symbol with the word "MAKEDONIA" and the crucifix is no coincidence I feel. Although the Greek archaeologist, Manolis Andronicos, "discovered" the symbol as a clear emblem of the Ancient Macedonians back in 1977, the Macedonian bell maker who made this bell must have had some sense of the symbol's significance and connection with Macedonia and the Macedonian people. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the trouble of stamping it on there. I don't know, call it a sixth sense if you like but just because the significance of it's association with Macedonia and the Macedonian people was lost over the centuries, it's quite clear that it's usage remained among the people as seen in many of the examples I have described above.
                            This is one of the examples I was talking about. This bell is from the the village of Gorno Brodi near Ser.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

I've never seen this flag before. Photo of Alexandrina Ivanova from Nevrokop, Pirinsko

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

They don't make women like they used to!
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X