X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    SoM, I just noticed you pulled the pin on Amphipolis. Just out of curiosity, what was it in the end that finally made you lose your patience with her? I kind of got used to having her around. I think I'm even gonna miss her.
    Actually, she is a he. Amphipolis has been on this forum under various [now banned] usernames, so I won't be surprised he pops up again under a new username sometime soon.

He is a he; his avatar picture was misleading.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I was actually attracted to her. Like a moth to a lame.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• tchaiku
        • Nov 2016

How much is the proportion of modern Greek population of Wallachian origin?
        Last edited by tchaiku; 12-29-2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
          SoM, I just noticed you pulled the pin on Amphipolis. Just out of curiosity, what was it in the end that finally made you lose your patience with her? I kind of got used to having her around. I think I'm even gonna miss her.
          Karposh, as Philosopher pointed out, he has been here many times under different usernames. I have only banned him for a period of time so he will be back soon. He is capable of engaging in normal and interesting discussions but he has a habit of reverting to a slithering idiot from time to time whereby he tries to subliminally insult our identity. He needs to stop doing that before my patience finally runs out.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Quote from Laonikos Chalkokondyles. BOOK 6, Page 65:

"The territory that extends down to Achaia is inhabited by Arabaioi, who are Albanian men..."

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Ios (Greek: Ίος, locally Νιός Nios) is a Greek island in the Cyclades group in the Aegean Sea.

What is the ethnic makeup and origin of the modern residents of Ios?

17th century EXPLICIT historical testimonies by two French travellers.

Greek:
              1) «Σε ολόκληρο το νησί υπάρχει μονάχα μιά πολίχνη στην πλαγιά ενός λόφου. Οι κάτοικοι είναι αλβανικής καταγωγής και γενναίοι. Αντιμετωπίζουν με τόλμη τους κουρσάρους». (Francois Richard, 1650).
              2) «Στη Νιό ζουν Αλβανοί, λαός βάρβαρος και πολεμοχαρής». Από το ημερολόγιο τού Γάλλου περιηγητή Τhevenot (1655).

English translation:
              1) "Throughout the island there is only a small town on a hillside. The inhabitants are ethnic Albanians......" (Francois Richard, 1650).
              2) "In Nios live Albanians, a people barbarian and warlike." From the French traveller Thevenot (1655)

(Mardaites, or Albanians? Or Mardaites=Albanians?)

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

1) Pouqueville says that Athamania occupied the localities now known as Djoumerca and Radovitch. It properly belonged to Epirus, and Pliny makes a mistake in considering it as a part of Ætolia.

Dolopia = Upper Vlachia
                2) Dolopia, now called Anovlachia, was properly reckoned part of Epirus.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Ethnic map of Vlachs (and their various groups) at 1769.

The same map with English legend (and gray scale)

Last edited by Amphipolis; 02-12-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• tchaiku
                    • Nov 2016

This ignores the 200,000 Vlachs-Greeks in Albania.

Comment

• Carlin
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
                      This ignores the 200,000 Vlachs-Greeks in Albania.
                      The map ignores many things, not just the Vlach-Greeks in Albania. Many settlements/areas and villages seem to have been omitted. Some towns or cities which had a significant Vlach-speaking presence even before 1769 are excluded. The 'dots'/'shaded areas' on the map seem somewhat comical and the author asks us to believe and accept this was the state of Vlach ancestral group in specifically 1769.

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

What a great map depicting Macedonia as fyrom. I didn't know fyrom existed in 1769. Regardless, you shouldn't post such crap on this forum.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                          The map ignores many things, not just the Vlach-Greeks in Albania. Many settlements/areas and villages seem to have been omitted. Some towns or cities which had a significant Vlach-speaking presence even before 1769 are excluded. The 'dots'/'shaded areas' on the map seem somewhat comical and the author asks us to believe and accept this was the state of Vlach ancestral group in specifically 1769.
                          Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                          What a great map depicting Macedonia as fyrom. I didn't know fyrom existed in 1769. Regardless, you shouldn't post such crap on this forum.
                          The map is from 1997 (as seen in the legend) and refers to 1769.
                          Actually this is far from crap, this is a very serious effort. You can enter the book here, and see many similar maps (about 10 detailed maps per district or era). LOL, sorry it seems there's no chapter on Peloponnese.

Το Ίδρυμα Εγνατία Ηπείρου αντιμετωπίζει, προβάλλει και αναδεικνύει τη βλάχικη πολιτισμική κληρονομιά ως συστατικό στοιχείο του τόπου μας. Θεωρεί ότι οι και

===
                          Last edited by Amphipolis; 02-19-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            Actually this is far from crap, this is a very serious effort. You can enter the book here, and see many similar maps (about 10 detailed maps per district or era). LOL, sorry it seems there's no chapter on Peloponnese.

Το Ίδρυμα Εγνατία Ηπείρου αντιμετωπίζει, προβάλλει και αναδεικνύει τη βλάχικη πολιτισμική κληρονομιά ως συστατικό στοιχείο του τόπου μας. Θεωρεί ότι οι και

===
                            In future, don't post maps that refer to Macedonia by the idiotic acronym imposed by idiots from Morea. If you can't find an alternative because you're referencing a Greek website then post the statistics only. As for the Vlachs, they were more numerous than that map indicates.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vicsinad
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post

===
                              Obviously it doesn't just refer to 1769, as there was no fyrom terminology in that year. Any map that shows Macedonia as fyrom is crap.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                In future, don't post maps that refer to Macedonia by the idiotic acronym imposed by idiots from Morea. If you can't find an alternative because you're referencing a Greek website then post the statistics only. As for the Vlachs, they were more numerous than that map indicates.
                                Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                                Obviously it doesn't just refer to 1769, as there was no fyrom terminology in that year. Any map that shows Macedonia as fyrom is crap.
                                Didn't get who the idiot from Morea is. Well, you'll have to get over it about FYROM and keep from the maps what is useful for you, just as you do with Bulgarian statistics. You and me, we don't care about the Vlachs, but I posted this for Carlin who may have made more than 100 posts about Vlachs.

I would insist that these maps are very interesting. Unfortunately they are all in Greek, in this link you can see English grey scale versions of only half of these maps. Here, you can read the legends but not see the colors.

Εισαγωγικά - ιστορικές διευκρινίσεις Ο όρος εθνισμός (ethnicity) (Αγγελόπουλος 1997: 18-25, Williams 1989: 401-444. Barth 1969, Danfort, 1995, Hobsbawm, 1

The maps refer to several periods and districts. They don't have numbers of people, but, for instance, main and full Vlach villages are indicated. In the book there are more (color) maps, including Thessaly and Eastern Macedonia. The book display has fullscreen, zoom and download options.

1769 is the key year of the destruction of Moschopolis which seems to have affected significantly the movements of Vlachs in the recent centuries.

==
                                Last edited by Amphipolis; 02-20-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X