X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Sixteen
    Banned
    • Jan 2014

So, what would you change in their algorithm?

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
      So, what would you change in their algorithm?

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/pro...ure/index.html
      I would scrap it all together. You already know my suggestion on how to determine the seeding birth in World Cup or European cup draws. It's by using common sense.

Let's look at how flawed a ranking system is by using the the algorithm, particularly when it's not possible for every team to play every nation equally within a 4 year span. After all, apparently there are more Countries as members in FIFA than there are countries in the United Nations.

Here are some good reading.
      Just some key points from the links below showing how flawed the current system is.

"The United States drawing Mexico 0-0 on the road (where they’ve only won once ever) is much, much more impressive than the United States drawing Mexico 1-1 at home. "
      Points given are the same if you play home or away.

" A ranking that treats every loss the same is going to be misleading. Argentina losing 1-0 to Bolivia at home is not that same as Argentina losing 1-0 to Brazil on the road."

"A win in a friendly against Spain will earn you under 600 points, which is roughly the same as winning a qualifier against Luxembourg"

"At the moment losing 3-2 to Spain in extra time at a World Cup match is worth 0 points, while needing a late penalty to beat Turks and Caicos Islands in a friendly is worth 132 points."

Last edited by Bill77; 06-28-2014, 12:25 AM.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Alex_MK
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        I would scrap it all together. You already know my suggestion on how to determine the seeding birth in World Cup or European cup draws. It's by using common sense.

Let's look at how flawed a ranking system is by using the the algorithm, particularly when it's not possible for every team to play every nation equally within a 4 year span. After all, apparently there are more Countries as members in FIFA than there are countries in the United Nations.

Here are some good reading.
        Just some key points from the links below showing how flawed the current system is.

"The United States drawing Mexico 0-0 on the road (where they’ve only won once ever) is much, much more impressive than the United States drawing Mexico 1-1 at home. "
        Points given are the same if you play home or away.

" A ranking that treats every loss the same is going to be misleading. Argentina losing 1-0 to Bolivia at home is not that same as Argentina losing 1-0 to Brazil on the road."

"A win in a friendly against Spain will earn you under 600 points, which is roughly the same as winning a qualifier against Luxembourg"

"At the moment losing 3-2 to Spain in extra time at a World Cup match is worth 0 points, while needing a late penalty to beat Turks and Caicos Islands in a friendly is worth 132 points."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...144405289.html
        No one takes the FIFA world rankings seriously and they just serve as a meaningless stat for teams to compare each other.

The only thing that matters is the coefficient points and what pot you are drawn into for qualification campaigns and the world ranking serves no use in this.

I think Haiti last year was ranked something like 30 because they played some amateur teams like Guam but they played some shit European side and lost big time lol

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
          • Jul 2012

The FFA Cup draw came out a few days ago if anybody missed it. Its good to see two Macedonian clubs being involved with Broadmeadow Magic from Newcastle and Stirling Lions from Perth. I go for Western Sydney but I cant help but have a soft spot for the two Maco clubs.

Full draw for the 32 teams
          Reigning Hyundai A-League 2014 champions Brisbane Roar will head west to take on Western Australian NPL club Stirling Lions in the first round of the Westfield FFA Cup following the draw which was held earlier today at the Fox Sports studios in Sydney.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
            The FFA Cup draw came out a few days ago if anybody missed it. Its good to see two Macedonian clubs being involved with Broadmeadow Magic from Newcastle and Stirling Lions from Perth. I go for Western Sydney but I cant help but have a soft spot for the two Maco clubs.

Full draw for the 32 teams
            http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/...v1ozi5179foq55
            Good to see Preston Makedonia on top of sate league 1 too. It seems they've finally turned their shit around.

I don't know much about Sterling Lions or Broadmeadow Magic. Do they have large followings like Preston ?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

I don't think their supporter base is very large compared to the likes of Preston and some of the other ex-NSL/A-League clubs, but no doubt the Macedonian community will get behind these two teams during the FFA Cup. Gotta love the sonce in Broadmeadow Magic's logo.

Comment

• Volokin
                • Apr 2014

Greece's run of pure luck comes to an end at the World Cup.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                  I don't think their supporter base is very large compared to the likes of Preston and some of the other ex-NSL/A-League clubs, but no doubt the Macedonian community will get behind these two teams during the FFA Cup. Gotta love the sonce in Broadmeadow Magic's logo.
                  Love Broadmeadows logo and the name of Stirling`s home ground, Macedonia Park.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                    • Jul 2012

Newcastle game is the first FFA Cup game and is telecast. I wonder how much they'll get to Magic Park. It's a shame Preston was knocked out of qualifying

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

So, who is taking the world cup? After what Germany did to Brazil, anything is possible. Argentina have been generally consistent but haven't looked overwhelmingly dominant throughout this world cup. It's going to be a tough one, I can't call it. I would like for Argentina to win, but when the Germans get going they're very efficient.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Apparently Brisbane Roar have signed Mensur Kurtisi from Shkendija in Macedonia. He made 2 appearances for Macedonia back in 2010. Seems like a rather strange and random signing, but Brisbane must have their reasons. They've found their fair share of quality players in the past.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Apparently Brisbane Roar have signed Mensur Kurtisi from Shkendija in Macedonia. He made 2 appearances for Macedonia back in 2010. Seems like a rather strange and random signing, but Brisbane must have their reasons. They've found their fair share of quality players in the past.
                          Possibly recommended by the shiptar Berisha ?

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

This is how you celebrate post game

It started after 3 Brazilians walked past a food court full of Argentinians lol

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                              • Jul 2012

I think Germany will be too strong for Argentina in the final. They have been one of the best teams in the tournament and have incredible players. Just look at the quality on their bench alone !!

In other news Luis Suarez is officially leaving Liverpool and going to Barcelona. I am absolutely gutted, although he has had his moments of madness there is no denying that he is up there with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo when it comes to footballing ability.

I am sure many of you will be happy that you dont have to see him in the Premier league anymore.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                                • Jan 2010

Congratulations to Germany, a step above all others during this World Cup. Very entertaining match despite being 0-0 for the majority of the contest. Argentina really should've capitalised on the chances of Higuain and Palacio, but their last touch in front of goal was poor for the most part. End to end stuff throughout and I'm glad it ended with a goal as opposed to being decided by penalties. Great tournament, but it's always sad at its conclusion knowing there is another 4 year wait ahead.

Roll on the EPL and A-League season.

Comment

Working...
                                X