How did Golo Brdo & Mala Prespa come under Albanian cotrol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

You're all wrong, Gorica/Korcha is actually Bulgarian

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
      You're all wrong, Gorica/Korcha is actually Bulgarian
      S'chko Bulgarija
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
        Which map was it, usually the maps after 1913 will have been influenced by the geographic borders of Macedonia accepted after the Balkan wars.

Chupovski's map is interesting as the map he drew is what he deemed to be the ethnic and geographical borders of Macedonia.
        It was the map from Macedonian wikipedia.
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• VMRO
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          It was the map from Macedonian wikipedia.

This one?

The above map also stretches close to Prishtina and Vranja.

In the south it includes parts of Thessaly and Epirus and Eastwards goes a little further into Thrace.
          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post

This one?

The above map also stretches close to Prishtina and Vranja.

In the south it includes parts of Thessaly and Epirus and Eastwards goes a little further into Thrace.
            This one

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
              Just out of curiosity SoM, does the famous Macedonian saying "Baba lazhi, Trap ne lazhi" originate from this village?
              Not sure, never heard that before. Perhaps in the above saying 'trap' means a pit or a ditch.
              Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija
              Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
              Modern Macedonian nationalism started before Tito, in 19th century. I don't think people indentified themselves as Macedonians other than gheographicaly before 19th century.
              Agreed.........
              Check the below links.

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
              It’s like calling the Vlachs Thessalophones.
              It's nothing like that at all. The -phone ending denotes speech, not geography. Macedonophone means somebody who speaks the Macedonian language. The equivalent term for Vlachs would be Vlachophone (as an exonym). There is no Thessalian ethnic group or language. Don't be a moron.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Not suggesting no one ever referred to themselves as Macedonian but Macedonian nationalism as we know it today is from the 19th century. This is the case for every nation on this planet, all modern nationalism is a production of 19th and 20th century occurances. I believe it was Friedman who felt that Macedonian nationalism began to emerge in the 1860s with its proto-elements occuring earlier.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

Vasil Sterjovski revealed documents of Italian, French and Bulgarian origin, which testify that Macedonians in Albania (namely Gora, Golo Brdo, Vrbnik, etc.) declared themselves as Macedonians since 1923.

URL:

Please watch the video to see Vasil Sterjovski talk about these documents - note that subtitles are in Macedonian only.

I already posted this here:

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                    Just out of curiosity SoM, does the famous Macedonian saying "Baba lazhi, Trap ne lazhi" originate from this village?
                    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Not sure, never heard that before. Perhaps in the above saying 'trap' means a pit or a ditch.
                    Hmmm...That's actually rather awkward SoM. Since you haven't heard of the saying before, I wouldn't blame you if you were to view my question as thinly veiled sarcasm. That's the trouble with electronic messaging unfortunately - the intent can sometimes get lost and even misconstrued as something other than what it was meant to be.

Anyway, I feel like I need to explain . "Baba lazhi, Trap ne lazhi" is definitely a saying which I sometimes use myself although I've never been able to work out what the word trap actually means. Now that I know that there is in fact a village called Trap, I put two and two together and figured that the saying must have come about as a result of the village Trap being renowned for its honesty.

I have no reason whatsoever to doubt that some of your paternal ancestors originate from Gorica.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Interesting that Vasil Kanchov did not include the Sanjak of Görice in his statistics on the ethnography of Macedonia in 1900, but D.M. Brancoff did in his for 1905.

Russian Consul in Bitola, A. Rostkovski in 1897 claimed the total sanjak population was 175,702 and broke down the population as follows:

Albanians: 113,303 (81,262 Muslims and 32,035 Christians)
                      Slavs [sic]: 38,235 (30,008 Patriarchists and 8,227 Exarchists)

Brancoff's statistics from 1905 claim a total population of 86,471 and broke down the population as follows:

Bulgarians [sic]: 57,400
                      Muslims: 11,874
                      Greeks [sic]: 11,075
                      Koutzovlachs [sic]: 6,122
                      Albanians (Christian): 0

It should be noted however that Brancoff only included one of the four kazas in the sanjak and I am unsure which and for what reason
                      Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 10-09-2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X