View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #12
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Well you could argue that as you say Serbias poor policies was the main reason for the violence in the first place?
Don't mistake my words. Serbia reacted poorly in Kosovo. But speaking generally, the Albanians instigated it.

Quote:
Nobody goes to war ans risks their life if they don't believe what they are doing is warranted..
Yes. We've seen Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and more recently Albanians go to war for their "greater ______" concepts. I'm sure they perceived it was warranted to kill others to accomplish their goals. But is it really?

Quote:
Most small countries exist today due to some form of violent rebelion agains a greater power as sometime or another (Even Macedonia) - so to simply say it's wrong to be rewarded because of violence is a little to simplified..
How does this justify the violence perpetrated by KLA in Kosovo and Macedonia?

Quote:
On your second point where you say Macedonia should be like Greece and not recognize Kosovo and it might not lose European support...
I did not say that.

Quote:
Seriously why would you take Greece's foreign policy as an example to be followed by anyone let alone Macedonia ??
I didn't say that. I simply said that Greece managed to not recognize Macedonia and still remained within the EU and faced no consequences.

Quote:
Greece is the bankrupt laughing stock of Europe who will be slaves to their debt for decades to come.. They are a failed democracy who have very few positive examples to be followed by in the region...
You could substitute Kosovo for Greece in the above statement, and throw in mafia-controlled government, and you'd have just as true of a statement.

Quote:
If Greece and Cyprus weren't already in the EU - trust me the powers that be would have made them recognize Kosovo long ago..
You make it seem like "EU" is the only stick/carrot in the Western Powers possession.

Quote:
This topic is consistently blasted over Macedonian media of late..
No Albanian party went to the election with a federalization policy or proposed any form or map of federalization..
The concept of the federalization of Macedonia has been growing since the OFA. Still, you only need to look back to the independence of Macedonia from Yugoslavia in the 1990s to see how the Albanians reacted and what they really wanted.

Quote:
So again I don't see it as a viable or doable option... the threat of division was used and is used by vmro to create fear and uncertainty amongst the Macedonian population which would in turn be returned with votes..
Sure, DPMNE capitalizes on people's fears. But peoples' fears are justified. Just look to the armed terrorist intrusion in 2001.

Quote:
Remember up to 70k Albanians voted for sdsm.. who will never accept any form of internal division..
Either you're naive or playing a game here...
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote